Maestro

a most excellent bulletin maestro  :thumbsup:

and question about the Zoolander School for Adults Who Can't Read Good? can people who want to do other stuff good too attend also or is it just for reading? i also hope it's big enough to fit a few people and isnt a center for ants.

• Like 1

a most excellent bulletin maestro  :thumbsup:

and question about the Zoolander School for Adults Who Can't Read Good? can people who want to do other stuff good too attend also or is it just for reading? i also hope it's big enough to fit a few people and isnt a center for ants.

Other programs are offered there, and it is a centre for both members and ants that are about a foot long. Admission requirements, however, are a different story. You'd have to ask the dean for more details. :hrhr:

• Like 1

*Raises eyebrows*

Looking at this city, I can't compute the flatness. 

Also, KEEEEEEENWAAAAAAY ROOOOOOCK~

It's unfortunately unavoidable when trying to build anything on hills, since the game flattens every plot of land where construction is underway except for small houses. If I were to bulldoze those mansions, the middle of the lot would be perfectly flat, and the edges would be quite steep. So Moderator Mountain will mostly be untouched except for small pockets of housing here and there, otherwise unsightly cliffs will appear if any large developments are built on too steep of a slope. There is very little room for error when making hillside developments.

*insert skyscraper stats here*

The skyscrapers will come in due time. Considering the amount of flat land I have to work with, I figure that 343i City's population will reach at least 150,000, and there's room for satellite cities as well. I'll probably end up getting a few buildings from Hong Kong (and other cities full of skyscrapers), since there are so many and there's a team on Simtropolis devoted to making them available for use in Simcity 4. But with 343i City, I'm taking my time working on it and making it look presentable. My usual style is utilitarian, and I mainly focus on getting a huge population.

In the meantime, here are a couple shots for your skyscraper fix:

post-71046-0-91080700-1394672643_thumb.png

Terrell: ridiculously tall, has a population of ~396,000. Sims aren't the brightest folks, so they tend to build the same thing... over and over and over and over again. Like those dark buildings... and those buildings with blue lights.. and those black and white diamond buildings... etc. You get the point, right? XD

post-71046-0-53994200-1394672699_thumb.png

Zryn: not so tall, not so repetitive, and a population of... over 200,000. It's Terrell's neighbour, and it grew really quickly compared to other towns nearby.

post-71046-0-50750600-1394672772_thumb.png

Since Zryn sits in a valley, I attempted to build on the hills. And some steep cliffs appeared between buildings. You might recognize that building with the orange lights...

• 2 weeks later...

Once again, all interviews with members are not real and are not meant to be taken seriously.

New Land Acquisitions Indicate Rapid Growth

City council has set up the framework for two new city blocks last week, placing roadways and water lines to accommodate more residents. The new blocks are west of James Avenue and east of the newly named ODST Avenue, which was formerly named Orchid Avenue.

post-71046-0-69780900-1395793349_thumb.png

post-71046-0-27237700-1395793361_thumb.png

The new blocks expand on the alphabetical naming of the city's avenues, with (from west to east) Halsey, Ivanoff, Pelican, Queen's, and Reclaimer Avenues being added to the city map. These blocks also include Unggoy, Kig-Yar, and Lekgolo Streets.

BeckoningZebra1, one of the city's newest councilors, says he is ecstatic for development to start in these blocks. "I can't believe that I'm only in office for a couple weeks, and I've already laid out two new city blocks. I ought to get an award for working so hard, like Member of the Month or something! Don't quote me on that." He also discussed the zoning setup that was prepared. "Zoning will follow the same pattern as the old blocks in these new blocks. Commercial will line the Stig Boulevard, with residential wrapping North and South Shore Boulevards. Height limits are in place on streets to limit the size of buildings, and to prevent large traffic jams from forming."

Vitamin PWN is looking forward to development as well. "I was recently informed that a new clinic may be built soon. It's not an issue of capacity, but response time. Our paramedics have to travel quite a ways to pick up patients in need of urgent care; there have been more close calls than I'm used to recently. Every second counts when lives are on the line!"

Police Station Upgraded

After much deliberation in city council, a larger police station has been built at the corner of Leonard Avenue and Jiralhanae Street.

"We've been looking forward to this for awhile," Sergeant Drizzy_Dan stated. "Whenever I looked out to the edge of the city from the roof of the old building, it nearly reached the horizon! If we're growing this quickly, then we'll need a larger precinct to keep ahead of the crime curve. Mind you, there hasn't been much of a curve to keep ahead of... but still, the longer we can keep ahead of it the better!"

Corporal Church remarked on the improved facilities. "The lunch room no longer reeks of old pastries stuck underneath the fridge, and the new cruisers still have that new car smell. I can even see the mayor's house by the beach from here! A guy could get used to this."

RedStarRocket91 could not be reached for comment.

post-71046-0-40193500-1395793368.png

Community Photos

post-71046-0-38027000-1395793338.png

This photo of the mayor's house was submitted to the 343i Bulletin by Mayor Maestro himself! He also adds that there will be an open house to commemorate the completion of his new home.

post-71046-0-80916800-1395793332_thumb.png

This overhead nighttime photo of the city was submitted by Spyro, taken just after the completion of the new city blocks. Not only does it show off those beautiful city lights, but also shows the street names and empty lots! Who knew that cities actually look like maps from above?

POPULATION: 950

• Like 3

Will there be an Orkin, Life Alert, and Comcast building? When my family moves in, my grandmother prefers those services. 

It is up to the Fates (or the game engine) to decide which buildings are constructed. All city council can build are civic buildings and landmarks.

• 2 weeks later...

Commander Palmer, this is Switchback. Is your slipspace drive running? Well you better go catch it!

Exclusive Feature from Something

lolz u n00bz ur siti sux are's is da best

post-71046-0-53622500-1396995150_thumb.png

it Gorwin fast an hass 148932758901658410562 pplz bi== lol it mor big

post-71046-0-85296000-1396995162_thumb.png

look we so awsom ur pplz work heer LOlZ!!!1

I think I lost a couple brain cells typing that out. And there are ~440 squeakers residing in Something.

Eastern Expansion Underway

Construction began immediately following the release of plans for 343i City's newest block. Foreman Zandril led the project, resulting in the hasty completion of a new elementary school, police precinct, fire station, and a much needed regional hospital. Current residents are excited to see additional members join the community.

post-71046-0-55136600-1396996130_thumb.png

"A lot of us on the force just recently got over the excitement of having a larger precinct, but now we get two? The mayor's spoiling us policemen!" Sergeant Drizzy_Dan told the 343i Bulletin. "With our second precinct, we've started to form a K9 unit. So far we only have one dog, but he's an excellent asset to the force, and is really good at what he does. We named him GSD. It stands for German Shepherd, because... well, he's a German shepherd."

DoctorB77 talked briefly about the new hospital. "This hospital has all the latest equipment, and has a capacity of just under 5,000 patients. Now we can make more potent and safe medication with bathmat fungi instead of relying on mortar and pestle or running things over with cars to crush ingredients. I must commend the foreman for making the old-fashioned exterior possible."

Expansion has also started on the northern end of the city. With new zones in place, houses and mansions have started to appear along Jiralhanae Street and North Shore Boulevard. Empty lots on the Stig Boulevard are slowly being filled with shops and offices.

Monster Rumours Afoot Afoot Afoot Afoot

Potential buyers staying in the new block have reported seeing an unknown creature roaming the woods. The reports of the monster's appearance differ, with some details lacking consistency. However, many state that it exceeded ten feet in height, had four legs, and was purple in appearance. Many also state that it was capable of firing a brilliant pink beam of energy, and walked like a spider.

"It totally exists! I saw it with my own two eyes! The government's trying to cover something up, man!" Caboose the Ace explained. "I call it Delpen. The name's based off the sound it makes when it walks. Saw a coyote running around in the distance, and it fried the thing with an insanely bright laser! It's aliens, man, it has to be!"

Azaxx, a new recruit in the city's police force, is skeptical of such a creature existing. "It's preposterous. No such thing can exist here. We'd hear it stomping around if it did exist. Besides, you can't trust these nighttime reports. For all we know, what people think is a giant quadriped could actually be a beckoning zebra or a Slenderman."

Mayor Maestro could not be reached for comment.

The United New Species Catchers, or UNSC, is offering a $1,000 reward for retrieving evidence of the creature's existence, and a $100,000 reward for its capture.

post-71046-0-45616800-1396996117_thumb.png

343i City's population is 1774.

• Like 2

Great job! :D Hey, so can I play a role in it like... I don't know... A leader of 343i City's official Private Army/Militia...?

343i City unfortunately lacks the population to support a militarized force in any way right now. But, that doesn't mean you won't make an appearance in the future.

You should include me in more local sightings allowing my presence to progressively develop into an urban legend. Then if your city builds a movie theater, you can base a movie off of my urban legend. You can even give additional details about it being a box-office hit and highest grossing cult horror in movie history. 

• 2 weeks later...

You should know the drill by now. Interviews with members and any jokes made are not meant to be taken seriously, yadda yadda yadda.

Crime Rates Climb Crazily

Over the past month, crime rates have seen a dramatic increase in 343i City, from one occurrence every six months to ten in a month. The latest additions to the crime climb include graffiti at the local college to assault in the city streets. Recent reports indicate that the victims of assaults were last seen wearing red or blue clothes.

post-71046-0-10291200-1398221526_thumb.png

In a statement issued by the Chief of Police, RedStarRocket91, he urged citizens to take necessary precautions to protect their homes such as locking doors and windows as well as locking their cars and leaving nothing of value in plain sight; he added that having a laissez-faire attitude when it comes to safety could result in dire consequences. He also discouraged people from wearing red and blue clothing until the assailants have been taken into custody. To conclude his statement, he proposed that city council should impose a citywide curfew to stay ahead of the curve and a bylaw to restrict the sale of spray paint to individuals above the age of twenty-five.

Graffiti appeared on the walls of the Derek Zoolander Centre for Children Who Can't Read Good three weeks ago, depicting the Director as a pig with odor lines and a profuse amount of pimples on his face or simply saying "dis collej sukz".

While most residents dismiss these attacks as random, some think they are targeted, pinning the blame on the influx of well-to-do members and possible mafia connections.

"The mafia is in this town, no doubt about it. It's just a matter of finding out who is a part of it," a citizen under the guise of Bnus told the 343i Bulletin. "They'll never reveal who they are if there are police officers snooping around. And who never come out of their homes? Everyone living in those new mansions being built everywhere."

"Thankfully no one has died yet during this crime wave. As of right now, we are investigating the causes of these events and working around the clock to bring these wrongdoers to justice," Church said in a press conference. He emphasized the points brought up in the Chief's statement, and encouraged neighbours to look out for one another. "Neighbourhood watch may seem like a joke to some, but crime will slow down when more people witness these unlawful deeds in the act. Instead of munching on popcorn and watching your neighbour get mugged like it's some sort of police drama on television, pick up the phone and call for help! What you see is not an act; it's real."

Unemployment Pushes Industrial Park

With unemployment rates on the rise, many citizens stretching their last few dollars urged city council to begin work on an industrial park proposed several months ago, saying that it will make and not break the city's future.

"Ever since we won the war against the Covenant and some of us got pulled into a vortex of some sort bringing us here, us veterans have families to feed! Idle hands are the devil's playthings!" UNSC Spartan-II pleaded on behalf of Human-Covenant War veterans living in 343i City. "The environment will be there in the future. The well-being of families in need will not if this industrial park isn't built now!"

Ledgend1221, a veteran of the many battles between the Global Defense Initiative and the Brotherhood of Nod, warned that a clear lack of productivity could bring many able-bodied workers to the brink of insanity. "Back in the old days, a lot of civilians were brought in to mine tiberium. Sure, the stuff was radioactive and we had to drive huge trucks reinforced with layers of lead that were six inches thick just to extract it, but it was an honest day's work. Now that those days are gone, many are without work and live in poverty."

After hosting the open house with citizens, city council hastily approved the plan despite reported looks of apathy. Rumours indicate that Mayor Maestro was intrigued by the eventual increase in city tax dollars that the park would bring in.

post-71046-0-06214100-1398221506_thumb.png

post-71046-0-01452500-1398221498_thumb.png

The population is 3,037 now.