f4he.png

Another month is just about over and another is about to begin. February's games with gold kicks off with Dead Island and will end with Toy Soldiers: Cold War.

10486-dd4.jpg

Dead Island is an open world horror survival game that takes place on a fictional tropical island "Banoi". You can pick from four characters to play as and fight your way through zombie hordes. The game is available to download for free for gold subscribers from Feb 1st - Feb 15th. 

toysoldiers2_s2.jpg

Toy Soldiers: Cold War is an action strategy game where you take control of an army of toys to stop a soviet invasion from taking over. The game is available to download for free from Feb 16th - Feb 28th. 

This post has been promoted to an article

• Like 8

Toy Soldiers?! All my friends used to play that all the time and I felt so left out :( Now I'll get to see what all the excitement was about! :D In other words, they really need to bring Games With Gold over to the Xbox One already...

I am going to warn you all about Dead island it is a really bad game with it sequel being even worse of course this is what I think but I think you may agree with me once whoever reads this gets it also Toy soldiers is a good game so that's a plus. :)

The first Dead Island is a lot of stupid co-op fun. It isn't perfect but it ain't terrible. 

I am going to warn you all about Dead island it is a really bad game with it sequel being even worse of course this is what I think but I think you may agree with me once whoever reads this gets it also Toy soldiers is a good game so that's a plus. :)

I played dead before and didn't really like it myself.

Toy soldiers looks like a lot of fun but dear god stay away from Dead Island. I bought it expecting a fun beat-em-up zombie horror with elements of comedy in it backed by a serious plot, basically Dead Rising on an Island. The trailer looked promising when I saw it and I picked it up recently for like $20. I never played it (Skyrim Legendary Edition and Fallout NV got in the way) So I opened it in up in December, and played. Graphics are cheap, gameplay is meh, story is nonexistent and has more plot holes then ME3's ending (overstatement a bit). If you can tolerate that and have friends, go have about an hours worth of okay fun, if not... Go buy DR2, it should take up less space then this cheesy zombie slasher and be worth it.

I've not played Dead Island before, much less haven't heard about or seen videos of it either. Does anyone know how it is I see Adam doesn't like it. Personally I didn't really like Dead Rising 2 to be honest, is it anything like that?

Edit: Also this is my 1000 post let it be known!

• Like 1

I have heard many good things about Dead Island, and now here is my opportunity to get it! So excited to get it too!. Now as for Toy Soldiers, I have never heard of it, but in the world we live in, it is all about trying new things and that is exactly what I will be doing. thanks for the article!