Who likes Anime?

Sniper0092

I somewhat agree with both takes, since the Japanese are the anime masters I take their word seriously, but some shows like RWBY I can never classify as an anime.

Shows like Avatar I deem anime because of a few things, the animation, the sounds and the story. All of which are very similar to anime made in Japan and the themes are consistent. Shows like RWBY don't have much similarities except the slight art connections, even then it's very different to the norm.

I agree with you. But I've noticed some people consider RWBY anime.

The many opinions of the internet... *sigh*

I myself think that anime is an art form and is mostly based on the art direction and partially based on story telling style that seperates it from other animation.

Well, I watched anime when I was younger. I've stopped for a few years but slowly started reconsidering.

Only now have I come back to re-explore the entire medium again. With that said, I really like anime a lot. When I was younger, I watched Pokemon, Beyblade (The original, not the newer ones), Naruto and Blue Dragon. But then I stopped for a while. Now, I've started up again. Thanks to anime-influenced animation such as The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra and Rooster Teeth's RWBY and not to mention Halo itself was an anime (Halo Legends), I slowly went back to anime.

Currently, I've finished up on Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Sword Art Online.

I'm planning to go try out Attack On Titan. Since I've obviously missed out on a lot of anime, I'll be going to check out Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Oreimo, A Certain Magical Index, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Fairy Tail and whatever anime I'll bump into no matter how old or new they are. I'm probably going to check out the ones mentioned in this thread.

Since I've just started again now and really haven't watched a lot even when I was younger, I really can't say my favorite anime character, since I've seen too few to make a justified answer. I would have said I love anime, but that isn't justified until I've seen at least 50 anime series completely.

===========================================

REPLIES TO PREVIOUS POSTS:

Googled up all of those anime. You, sir, have the most interesting list on this thread. Teach me your ways!

Hate to break it to you, but the The Last Airbender is not anime. It's an anime influenced American animation. It's not made in Japan. The only exception to the "anime is made in Japan" rule is that it's made in Asian countries near Japan (Korea, China). No matter how close it is to anime, it really isn't. Because it's not made in Japan. Then Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad and Bobs Burgers are cartoons that aren't  even anime influenced.

I just thought it'd be better to tell you this myself. Many people on the internet told me this.

One can not simply be taught the ways of an AnimeAddict....92 XD

• 3 weeks later...

and I feel like most of the time, the shows Characters are being too over-dramatic.

Reminds me of how the Dragonball Z characters used to react to something they heard that wasn't good or when they saw someone very powerful, they would make that unnatural grunting sound with the back of their throats and it always urked the heck out of me. Could they have one conversation without making noises no human (or saiyan(or alien)) would make in any situation?

Also the fact that they always let the villain power up and never attacked when they were at their weakest or when fights would last 20 episodes. They get you so hyped for said fight, but by the time it reaches it's fifteenth episode it starts to get old.

Anyway, I've watched hellsing, DBZ, DBGT, Bleach, and a good amount of Full metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and Inuyasha. You gotta hand it to Adult Swim and Toonami, they have some good anime on Saturday nights.

Gilgamesh...

Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero...

If any of you haven't watched these two, you're missing out majorly. (Even if Stay Night's Visual Novel adaptation was superior.)

Reminds me of how the Dragonball Z characters used to react to something they heard that wasn't good or when they saw someone very powerful, they would make that unnatural grunting sound with the back of their throats and it always urked the heck out of me. Could they have one conversation without making noises no human (or saiyan(or alien)) would make in any situation?

Also the fact that they always let the villain power up and never attacked when they were at their weakest or when fights would last 20 episodes. They get you so hyped for said fight, but by the time it reaches it's fifteenth episode it starts to get old.

Anyway, I've watched hellsing, DBZ, DBGT, Bleach, and a good amount of Full metal Alchemist, Cowboy Bebop, and Inuyasha. You gotta hand it to Adult Swim and Toonami, they have some good anime on Saturday nights.

HAHA thats all the main stream stuff there are sooo  many more animes that are better then those with the exception of Full Metal that hardly anyone knows about

Gilgamesh...

Fate/Stay Night and Fate/Zero...

If any of you haven't watched these two, you're missing out majorly. (Even if Stay Night's Visual Novel adaptation was superior.)

very good choices :3 haha those were up there but not top 5 tho

Edited by Azaxx
Merged posts