Who likes Anime?

Sniper0092

I love Anime! :)

I watch Digimon, Pokemon, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Naruto (although I just started watching this one), Avatar the Last Airbender, Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, Bobs Bugers.

I'd watch more, but I only know these ones so far. So I am open to suggestions!

EDIT: So far I have seen lots of good recommendations!

-Death Note

-Bleach

-Full metal alchemists

-One piece

-Black Lagoon

:D

• Like 2

Background info;

The first anime I watched was when my brother borrowed The Imperfect and Semi Perfect Cell sagas, even though it scared the crap out of me, it's the earliest memory of anime I have. I did watch Pokemon now and again, but not regularly enough to remember what happened the previous episode.

I properly got into anime in 2010 when searching around for stuff and came across OreImo, after that I fell in love with the type of medium this entertaining content was. Soon after far preferring it over regular westernised TV content. To this date I've fully completed 36 series of anime, or in other words 829 episodes, but if you count the replays I've done.. 2,197 episodes. I have 5 on watch while another 23 anime series on hold or on queue to be watched. So if you don't count the times I watched anime as a kid, 4 years I've been watching anime for.

Favourite Character;

This is quite the hard one since I have a few who are absolutely 10/10 characters like Tomoya Okazaki, Kyouseku Kousaka and my waifu Nagisa Furukawa. However, the one I can someone relate to the best and who I love the character design and personality a whole lot more than the rest is who my profile image is based off, Araragi Koyomi from the Monogatari series.

Favourite Genre;

A question I'm asked a lot by people but honestly I have none, I just enjoy watching what I find interesting enough. Though thinking about it, it's generally romance/comedy or fantasy/action. Examples would be Clannad/Clannad ~AfterStory~, Shingeki no Kyojin, Monogatari, DragonBallZ, OreImo and Toradora!. So while I don't generally go searching anime by certain genre, they end up being similar, guess that's just the luck of the draw.

• Like 1

i watch any type of anime but i lean toward ones with a good amount of action.

my favorite character, hmm thats a tough one, i tend to flip flop alot so it's always changing but my current favorite is Gajeel redfox from Fairy Tail, he's so metal lol.

i've been watching anime since i was 8 years old, back when dragonball z first started coming in TV here in the states.

My favorite animes are Fairy Tail, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Cowboy Beebop, Last Exile, Death Note, Outlaw star and Berserk

I like to think I have watched a fair bit of anime in my life time. That being said, I am not really into it like many people are. It has good entertainment value but nothing that really sticks with me.

As far as my favorite goes it is probably between Hellsing Ultimate, Outlaw Star, Samurai 7 and Rurouni Kenshin.

The main issue I have beyond moronic plots is the looks of the characters themselves. Too often the guys are way to feministic looking which is a problem for me. They act all BA but look like they preen themselves infront of a mirror for hours to be girly. Not really my thing.

Top character would definitely go to Seras Victoria from Hellsing Ultimate. Not only is she smoking hot but she is almost child like in her innocence at the beginning. Through out the series you see her come to grips with who she is, what she is and what she can do. She grows as a person (with out an annoying catch phrase as well) and is just a plain old BA in the end.

• Like 1

i watch any type of anime but i lean toward ones with a good amount of action.

my favorite character, hmm thats a tough one, i tend to flip flop alot so it's always changing but my current favorite is Gajeel redfox from Fairy Tail, he's so metal lol.

i've been watching anime since i was 8 years old, back when dragonball z first started coming in TV here in the states.

My favorite animes are Fairy Tail, Full Metal Alchemist Brotherhood, Cowboy Beebop, Last Exile, Death Note, Outlaw star and Berserk

I love Death Note! Shane Black is making a movie, he loves anime. Also, try Black Lagoon, it's funny, good story telling, relatable characters, good action, and LOTS of nationality.

• Like 1

I used to watch a bunch of anime, but I stopped almost 6 years ago since no TV stations air it anymore. Any series that were still showing at that started a long time ago, so I couldn't get into them... and I just lost interest. My favourite series is Trigun, by far... as if you couldn't guess by looking at my profile. :P

• Like 1

I used to watch a bunch of anime, but I stopped almost 6 years ago since no TV stations air it anymore. Any series that were still showing at that started a long time ago, so I couldn't get into them... and I just lost interest. My favourite series is Trigun, by far... as if you couldn't guess by looking at my profile. :P

If you want i can show you a site i use? and  you can also go to netflix streaming and im sure dvds as well there is Neon ally for Dubs CrunchyRoll for Subs there are alot of ways to get a hold of anime that dont involve catching it when its on TV

I love a lot animes. I used to watch them since I was like 7 years old. The animes I like the most:

.Code Geass ( If you like Deathnote, you have to go watch this anime...The best in my opinion)

.One Piece

.Naruto

.Bleach

.Deathnote

and a lot other...

The character I like the most from the animes is Barragan Luisenbarn, second Espadas from Bleach.

The next anime I will be watching is Fairy Tail or Noblesse.

Edited by Scarface

Oh I like Anime. ^_^ My favorites have to be Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, Big 0, Cowboy Bebop, Guilty Crown, Durarara!, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemest, Darker then Black, Steins Gate, Another, Devil May Cry and of course my childhood favorites... Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblade. Of course, there are a lot to choose from but those choices are basically my top choices.

But, for the past year and a half I haven't really been too bothered with Anime, I sorta stopped watching it when I noticed a lot of the newer Anime's coming out were just 'meh', some of them were good but a lot of them were just typical high school rubbish and magical stupidness. But, as of now I'm looking for some more to get into but I've been busy working.

Edited by ShockGazm

Oh I like Anime. ^_^ My favorites have to be Bleach, Ghost in the Shell, Big 0, Cowboy Bebop, Guilty Crown, Durarara!, Black Lagoon, Code Geass, Fullmetal Alchemest, Darker then Black, Steins Gate, Another, Devil May Cry and of course my childhood favorites... Yu-Gi-Oh and Beyblade. Of course, there are a lot to choose from but those choices are basically my top choices.

But, for the past year and a half I haven't really been too bothered with Anime, I sorta stopped watching it when I noticed a lot of the newer Anime's coming out were just 'meh', some of them were good but a lot of them were just typical high school rubbish and magical stupidness. But, as of now I'm looking for some more to get into but I've been busy working.

would you like some suggestions? i have seen quite alot of it :P

would you like some suggestions? i have seen quite alot of it :P

Yeah dude, that would be awesome! ^_^ There are just so many, it's especially difficult when your searching through a mass amount of Japanese named anime's on streaming websites, I'm just like "Oooookay, so like... what is this".

I'll take any suggestion really, even if it looks like I won't like it, at least I'll have something to look for. :)

Bleach, Angel Beats, Gundam Seed, DragonBall Z, Attack on Titan, Angel Beats, Sword Art Online, and some more.

you Said angel beats twice :P

Yeah dude, that would be awesome! ^_^ There are just so many, it's especially difficult when your searching through a mass amount of Japanese named anime's on streaming websites, I'm just like "Oooookay, so like... what is this".

I'll take any suggestion really, even if it looks like I won't like it, at least I'll have something to look for. :)

Well PM me all of the names you can remember and also include things like what genre you like and if you need some help with that i can send u a list of genres that i know

I don't like it. I've seen a few shows that were Anime in style (and which I actually enjoyed, like Naruto, Inuyasha, or The Boondocks), but for the most part I dislike Anime.

Not sure why. I really don't like all that cute crap most of those shows have, like the cute little weird sidekick animals.  I also guess it's the bubbly style of the Characters in most Anime... like unrealistically big Eyes and what not, and I feel like most of the time, the shows Characters are being too over-dramatic.

I prefer regular Cartoons like Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, or Adventure Time, or whatever is not Anime.

I don't like it. I've seen a few shows that were Anime in style (and which I actually enjoyed, like Naruto, Inuyasha, or The Boondocks), but for the most part I dislike Anime.

Not sure why. I really don't like all that cute crap most of those shows have, like the cute little weird sidekick animals.  I also guess it's the bubbly style of the Characters in most Anime... like unrealistically big Eyes and what not, and I feel like most of the time, the shows Characters are being too over-dramatic.

I prefer regular Cartoons like Ed, Edd, n' Eddy, or Adventure Time, or whatever is not Anime.

Try Black Lagoon, it's very adult, and Ghost in the Shell.

Try Black Lagoon.

• Like 1

Try Black Lagoon.

Cheers, but I've already seen it. Watched it a while ago actually, one of my favorite anime's ever. ^_^

Well PM me all of the names you can remember and also include things like what genre you like and if you need some help with that i can send u a list of genres that i know

Awesome. Yeah, I'll msg you sometime this week. :)

Cheers, but I've already seen it. Watched it a while ago actually, one of my favorite anime's ever. ^_^

Awesome. Yeah, I'll msg you sometime this week. :)

MKAY 

I like anime, though I will usually only watch any anime that gets me into it easy like Hellsing, Attack on Titan and others.

there are alot of those i could introduce you to

Well, I watched anime when I was younger. I've stopped for a few years but slowly started reconsidering.

Only now have I come back to re-explore the entire medium again. With that said, I really like anime a lot. When I was younger, I watched Pokemon, Beyblade (The original, not the newer ones), Naruto and Blue Dragon. But then I stopped for a while. Now, I've started up again. Thanks to anime-influenced animation such as The Last Airbender, Legend of Korra and Rooster Teeth's RWBY and not to mention Halo itself was an anime (Halo Legends), I slowly went back to anime.

Currently, I've finished up on Sakurasou no Pet na Kanojo and Sword Art Online.

I'm planning to go try out Attack On Titan. Since I've obviously missed out on a lot of anime, I'll be going to check out Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, Oreimo, A Certain Magical Index, Fullmetal Alchemist, Death Note, Fairy Tail and whatever anime I'll bump into no matter how old or new they are. I'm probably going to check out the ones mentioned in this thread.

Since I've just started again now and really haven't watched a lot even when I was younger, I really can't say my favorite anime character, since I've seen too few to make a justified answer. I would have said I love anime, but that isn't justified until I've seen at least 50 anime series completely.

===========================================

REPLIES TO PREVIOUS POSTS:

Eh ive seen bout 60 series and id have to say my favorite characters are as folllows

1.Shana(Shakugan no Shana)

2. Edward Elric(Full Metal Alchemist)

3. Himura Kenshin(Rurouni Kenshin)

4.Ikaros(Sora no Otoshimono AKA Heavens Lost Property)

5.Killua (Hunter x Hunter)

Googled up all of those anime. You, sir, have the most interesting list on this thread. Teach me your ways!

I love Anime!  :)

I watch Digimon, Pokemon, Dragonball, Dragonball Z, Dragonball GT, Naruto (although I just started watching this one), Avatar the Last Airbender, Family Guy, The Simpsons, American Dad, Bobs Bugers.

Hate to break it to you, but the The Last Airbender is not anime. It's an anime influenced American animation. It's not made in Japan. The only exception to the "anime is made in Japan" rule is that it's made in Asian countries near Japan (Korea, China). No matter how close it is to anime, it really isn't. Because it's not made in Japan. Then Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad and Bobs Burgers are cartoons that aren't  even anime influenced.

I just thought it'd be better to tell you this myself. Many people on the internet told me this.

Hate to break it to you, but the The Last Airbender is not anime. It's an anime influenced American animation. It's not made in Japan. The only exception to the "anime is made in Japan" rule is that it's made in Asian countries near Japan (Korea, China). No matter how close it is to anime, it really isn't. Because it's not made in Japan. Then Family Guy, Simpsons, American Dad and Bobs Burgers are cartoons that aren't  even anime influenced.

I just thought it'd be better to tell you this myself.

According to Japanese animators, anything that is animated is anime. Regardless of country of origin.

According to Japanese animators, anything that is animated is anime. Regardless of country of origin.

Hmm...Interesting definition you have there. Everywhere I else I look seems to say otherwise, though. This whole anime definition stuff is really confusing. On some places I hear people say the same thing you do, but on most places I hear people say otherwise and say that anime is only made in Japan because the term originates in Japan since it's basically just "animation" in Japanese. These people insist that anime is only made in Japan so much that definition has caught on in so many other places. A quick Google search should show this. Most people insist that anime is only animation made in Japan.

But the animation that TheStig mentioned in the second half of his post really are cartoons. Perhaps Last Airbender is excusable, but the others are cartoons throughout.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter, actually. Just enjoy everything. I myself believe that anime is an art style. But the majority seems to believe it's animation only in Japan.

Hmm...Interesting definition you have there. Everywhere I else I look seems to say otherwise, though. This whole anime definition stuff is really confusing. On some places I hear people say the same thing you do, but on most places I hear people say otherwise and say that anime is only made in Japan because the term originates in Japan since it's basically just "animation" in Japanese. These people insist that anime is only made in Japan so much that definition has caught on in so many other places. A quick Google search should show this. Most people insist that anime is only animation made in Japan.

But the animation that TheStig mentioned in the second half of his post really are cartoons. Perhaps Last Airbender is excusable, but the others are cartoons throughout.

Oh well, it doesn't really matter, actually. Just enjoy everything.

I somewhat agree with both takes, since the Japanese are the anime masters I take their word seriously, but some shows like RWBY I can never classify as an anime.

Shows like Avatar I deem anime because of a few things, the animation, the sounds and the story. All of which are very similar to anime made in Japan and the themes are consistent. Shows like RWBY don't have much similarities except the slight art connections, even then it's very different to the norm.