Phil Spencers Says the Xbox One Won't Be The Last Microsoft Console!

VinWarrior

62781460ca85f9151a8668d3841e3e51.png

Cloud Gaming has been an interesting topic this past year, with it's planned inclusion into many consoles and devices, people wonder if the idea of a console will soon disappear from our markets. The short answer, likely not any time soon.

Microsoft's own Company Executive Phil Spencer, is putting the qualms and concerns of Cloud gaming destroying the console market as we know it at ease.

He took to Twitter recently, stating that he does not believe the Xbox One will be the last Xbox console, nor that this generation will be the last console generation.

Source: IGN

• Like 1

I think that this could very well be the last console generation as cloud gaming comes in MS and Sony will maybe become streaming services that you just stream games off with a little box most stuff to do with games that are physical is numbered games , consoles , pc hardware ETC it is kind of sad really we can already see Sony taking the first steps with PS now. :(

I think consoles will be around for a loooong time to come. Though digital content is becoming more and more popular, physical copies of console games are still selling extremely well (just look at the new GTA game's sales numbers). It seems like PC is the only gaming platform on which digital copies of games sell better than physical copies at this point in time.

But It'll be a while - probably at least 5 years or so - before the new Playstation and Xbox systems come around so who knows what the market will be like then?

Off the wall gaming

I disagree digital streaming services are going to be a big thing in 10 years and consoles as we know them may very well be gone also to add to this MS said they want the XB1 to add 10 years ( I don't think it will happen though at least not for 10 years ) :)

• 3 weeks later...