"Out With A Bang" Community Event Trilogy, Part III

RedStarRocket91

CommunityPa4f2.png

"Send me out... with a bang..."

To celebrate the end of the 7th console generation, we've been holding a series of Community Events on some of its most definitive games. So far, that honour has fallen to Gears of War, which practically invented the cover system as it exists today, and Call of Duty, whose realistic, iron-sight gameplay set the standard for almost every FPS released thereafter.

The last game on our list of greats is perhaps the odd one out, in that it actually represents a style of gameplay which has actually begun to die out altogether. Nonetheless, even six years after its release it still bring in tens of thousands of players every day, and is often considered not only the high point, but the definitive game of its series. The game in question, of course, is none other than Halo 3.

Although this playdate will follow the form of the previous two to a degree, both the Heroic Map Pack and the standalone map Cold Storage will be required to participate - both of these maps are available for download from the Xbox LIVE marketplace, and are completely free. Owners of Halo 3: ODST may note that the Halo 3 multiplayer disc contains both of these map packs, and so this disc may simply be used instead.

This Community Event will take place on Saturday, December 28th at 12pm EST (5pm GMT). We will also be holding the Christmas Giveaway during this event!

UPDATE: The host for the playdate will be our very own Dog. To take part, all you need to do is make a post in this thread to let us know, and then send a message to the WhiteDevil188 gamertag on the date.

As perhaps the greatest title in the Halo series, we hope you'll all come along and give this giant the send-off it deserves!

Edited by RedStarRocket91
  • Like 9

Still not sure if I can make it. Does anyone know how long this will last and when it will end?

Depends how long it's on for. I'd guess around 3 hours, so in the US, it would finish at 3:00pm and in the UK, it would finish at around 8:00pm. That's just a rough guess though.

I'll be there. :)

Oh and same here. ^_^

Edited by ShockGazm