'Beloved Franchise' from Microsoft coming to Windows 8!

VinWarrior

windows_8_blue_650.png

A recent job posting from Microsoft Game Studios provided a vague view into the future of Microsoft's PC titles. It appears they are at work on a ''new title based on a beloved franchise for Windows 8.''

The Job Posting went live on December 13th and seeks a senior engineer for the project mentioned above. There is no mention of what this franchise is exactly, but the development team "is focused on building a robust and highly scalable cloud service that is central to the game experience." But considering the inclusion of Azure Cloud Support on many titles on the Xbox One like Titanfall and Forza 5, this doesn't narrow things down.

If this is an exclusive, it sure isn't the first Microsoft has put out on a Windows system. The PC version of Halo 2 required Vista to play in 2007, much to the disappointment of those disinterested in upgrading to Vista or paying a fee to play online. Most notably as well, the recent Spartan Assault, which was limited to Windows 8 before recently.

Microsoft began working on a large scale of PC games again last month after being somewhat in limbo, with Phil Spencer stating that there are "more individual projects on Windows than we've had in ten years at Microsoft Studios." He further stated the company is looking beyond the casual games at the Windows 8's launch, saying, "Now we're starting to look at bigger and core gamer things. I'm excited by that."

More recently (Again through Job Postings) Microsoft revealed it was exploring it's "back catalog of existing IP," as well as Free-To-Play games, it's possible this is related to the new Windows 8 project above. The same could be said for another Job Posting from Fable developer Lionhead, though whether that is for the Windows 8 version of Fable Legends, or something else entirely, has yet to be seen.

Source: http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/12/13/microsoft-bringing-a-beloved-franchise-to-windows-8

Edited by Edward Kenway
  • Like 2

BZ nope go look It up 343i said they want halo on as many platforms as possible

I would give you a link but my ability to post links now is not working at least in posts just typing it in on Google should do the trick though. :)

You must have misread them.

343i wants Halo on a several platforms not on as many as possible. Zebra is right 343i would close its doors before Halo ever comes to Playstation. Microsoft owns the Halo IP and 343i is owned by Microsoft much like Ensemble was. 

I can see why Microsoft would want Halo on Windows 8. They want to convince more people to switch over and what better way to do that then to offer games on it? They did that with Halo 2 and it *kind of* worked. Vista was terrible so it didn't really go far. They did the same with Spartan Assault and that worked really well. 

The only way Halo would ever come to Sony is if Microsoft closed down completely and was bought by Sony, but lets face it. That is never going to happen anytime soon or ever(Who knows no one ever saw Disney buying Marvel and LucasArts that was a surprise.) 

That doesn't mean it won't ever happen. Just super duper extremely unlikely. Microsoft and Sony don't hate each other, but we will never see Halo on a sony platform. Much like we will never see Killzone on a Microsoft platform. 

• Like 1

Bnus that was the title of the article so I guess it was no exactly telling the exact truth about what was inside  but I do like that Halo is going out to more people so more can play it. :)

Now that is true but it won't be coming to any Sony platform so don't hold your breath.