Your Top 10 Xbox 360 DLC

Spectral Jester

Now that the Xbox One has released, I'd like to get your thoughts on what has been your best ever DLC on the Xbox 360, this could be anything, best ever maps, best ever add-on campaign DLC, so come on forum, whats been the best DLC you've downloaded and why?

heres a few of mine and why

1) Gears of War 3 - RAAM's Shadow, not only did it tell a bit of back story, but it also let you play as the great General RAAM himself, I always love campaign DLC, especially when it fills in the gaps

2) Red Dead Redemeption - Undead Nightmares - its not often a DLC is sold as a standalone game, this is what Rockstar did when they released Undead Nightmare, it took the game of RDR and turned it on its head to bring a game which is a LOT of fun.

3) Halo Reach Noble Map Pack - for me the best of the map packs for Reach, not only were the maps aesthetically pleasing, they also played well, Breakpoint still being my favourite map to play on....

4) Batman Arkham City - Harleys Revenge - Batman DLC has historically been challenge map after challenge map, which lets face it blows, Harleys Revenge, took the campaign and expanded on it, harder gameplay, played as Robin, and filled in a few more gaps, plus some interesting achievements to boot.

5) Halo 4 - Champions Bundle - buying the whole lot for 800MSP, was definetly value for money, maps, armor, stances, emblems, and a new gametype, who doesnt love Ricochet??? 

I'll add more at a later date after giving it some more thought

so whats yours?

Edited by Jester
  • Like 2

My top 360 DLC are: *drummroll*

1. All the W@W map packs. I remember staying up late playing zambies all the time
2. All of the Halo 3 map packs. I have 3829 custom games played I think that speaks for itself.
3. All Bops1  map packs. MORE ZAMBIES
4. Halo 4 Forge Island. It was free and resulted in a lot of cool custom games.
5.Halo Reach CEA map pack. I really like the firefight map it brought

thats all I can think of right now.

• Like 1

All of the Halo 2 DLC.

Though most of my online gaming since 2004, when I purchased Halo 2 on it's release, has been on an XBOX console and in the Halo series.....I have a large collection of games that have offered DLC. Until recently I have either purchased, been given as a gift from friends or received free codes to review content for most all my games providing it. Most of the content in and of itself was enjoyed for what it was, but the problem lay with how it was implemented into the game play online.

Halo 2's DLC is the best memory I have of DLC being best integrated into slayer and skirmish and therefore enjoyed properly. Sadly it is the only DLC I would list in a top 10. All Othe DLC content has been so poorly handled, in my opinion, when the solution seems so simple. Rather then a separate playlist for DLC content, as in the case of my two heaviest played series of Halo and the Tom Clancy games, the main playlist should be for those who have all the current content and a separate non DLC play list for those who don't. It seems to me to be a common sense approach to offer this type of integration to those who support the games beyond the initial purchase. Had I not been given all the codes for Halo 4 I would not have seen any of the DLC content for that game.

I will be hard pressed to buy any more DLC content for a game until I know in advance it will be properly integrated into the game.

• Like 2

Ummm..... Hmm...

In no particular order:

1. Borderlands - Zombie Island of Dr. Ned - Gave me a lot of fun.

2. Borderlands - Armory of General Knoxx - Gave me a lot of gun(s).

3. Red Dead Redemption - Liars and Cheats - Let me play as Irish, and take EVERYONE'S (Virtual) MONEY

4. Red Dead Redemption - Legends and Killers - Seeing a next gen recreation of Red Harlow, Jack Swift, and Buffalo soldier was awesome. (Professor Perry should have been included though...)

5. Fallout New Vegas - Lonesome Road - This DLC was HARD. But fun.

6. Fallout 3 - Broken Steel - Awesome way to wind up the war between the Brotherhood of Steel and the Enclave, not to mention, it let me continue my best character's save.

7. Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Shivering Isles - Just. Plain. Good.

8. Borderlands 2 - Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage - "You may be asking yourself, 'Who was wearing the Bolo tie? you of the shark?' Answer: YES."

9. Fallout New Vegas - Old World Blues - Plenty of Laughs, and a pretty interesting side plot.

10. Mass Effect 3 - Citadel - Considering the ending of the main Plot (Possible spoiler alert) Is a carbon copy of the ending to Airforce One, this DLC was pretty funny.

Forge Island is my favorite because like Bnus said above, you can just do so much with it...plus it's FREE.

My second favorite DLC on the 360 is the Halo 4's Champion Bundle. It had two great maps, awesome armor, and awesome skins. Plus the price tag wasn't too bad. 

And lastly I list all the Halo 3 DLC, and that's only listed because it's the only other DLC I've ever gotten :hrhr: 

1. Halo 3: All map packs. So much value for some great maps. I have over 3k custom games as well.

Assassins Creed Brotherhood: Map downloads. I did play the multiplayer a bit... but after that game I pretty much went back to Halo.

Halo Reach: Various Map packs. Reach had a decent multiplayer, loadouts caused it to suffer... but it was still enjoyable.

The Maw. The game is simple... but so much fun!

Assassins Creed Revelations outfit: Ubisof posted a ton of codes on their facebook page at the time of E3. I wanted an outfit so bad that I pretty much camped in their comment section with my Xbox redeem code window open. It took like 10++ tries and I still missed out. They were giving out shirts as well... which I didn't want, so I kept trying but eventually gave up. I went on afterwards to re-dress my avatar and there it was: NEW Assassins Creed Ezio outfit! I was freaking out! I won!