•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (07 December 2019 - 05:05 PM) Welcome to the forums, MichaelAleva! :welcome: View MichaelAleva's Profile
@  KhevaKins : (07 December 2019 - 09:01 AM) Did you guys know Reach came out on PC?
@  343iBot : (06 December 2019 - 07:26 PM) Welcome to the forums, Saber256! :welcome: View Saber256's Profile
@  Tommy : (06 December 2019 - 04:41 PM) Here comes all the new accounts flowing in haha
@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!
@  Tony le Lava... : (03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM) The day I've been waiting for years has finally come :)
@  343iBot : (03 December 2019 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, ScytheFG! :welcome: View ScytheFG's Profile
@  343iBot : (02 December 2019 - 12:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Richardjup! :welcome: View Richardjup's Profile
@  343iBot : (01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, Michaelbanny! :welcome: View Michaelbanny's Profile
@  343iBot : (30 November 2019 - 10:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, PhilipdAype! :welcome: View PhilipdAype's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 06:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Onecapper! :welcome: View Onecapper's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 02:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, brownE7! :welcome: View brownE7's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 11:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, duaneblynn! :welcome: View duaneblynn's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 05:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, jonathanK! :welcome: View jonathanK's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM) nay nay nay!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (26 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Hey hey hey!

Photo

The Flood?

Flood

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Knight

Knight

Jackal

• Members
  • 6 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Stealthsniper E
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:46 PM

I've always been wondering what had happened with the flood, they don't explain why the flood is not there. I was looking forward when I got the game to encounter the flood and see how they would look. In my opinion, halo is not the same to me without the flood.

#2 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,819 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Yoshi1176
  • LocationSan Francisco
            8          2          5               

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:51 PM

They blew up...

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

First person to serve two consecutive terms as president of the USF

10th and 11th President of the USF

#3 Sadly Just AL

Sadly Just AL

Binto

• Dedicated Members
  • 602 posts
Dedicated
18    4    2               

Posted 04 December 2013 - 12:42 AM

But that does NOT explain the ones on the original ring as well as the second ring that didn't blow up whatsoever. Never really had that explained, also what about any other forerunner planets or locations that hold flood specimens?

Screenshot_3%2B(24).png
"State your name, rank, and intention."
...Sparky... Sparky.... Fun.

#4 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,819 posts
Heroic
  • LocationSan Francisco
            8          2          5               

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:50 AM

But that does NOT explain the ones on the original ring as well as the second ring that didn't blow up whatsoever. Never really had that explained, also what about any other forerunner planets or locations that hold flood specimens?

Oh yeah, didn't think of that.

Maybe there were some on requiem that snuck on board the infinity before it left.

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

#5 Ghost Recon

Ghost Recon

Prophet of Truth

• Banned
  • 304 posts
Liked
  • LocationLiving in Space, sometimes on Pluto.
6    2               

Posted 04 December 2013 - 09:40 PM

I would have to say maybe the Flood will make a come back in Halo 5 that is just my opinion.

#6 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,819 posts
Heroic
  • LocationSan Francisco
            8          2          5               

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:57 AM

I would have to say maybe the Flood will make a come back in Halo 5 that is just my opinion.

Honestly I think the flood are done I do not think they will be returning in the halo series anytime soon.

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

#7 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,565 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 07 December 2013 - 02:24 PM

Honestly I think the flood are done I do not think they will be returning in the halo series anytime soon.

Actually The Flood will make an appearance on the Xbox One and Xbox 360 port of Halo: Spartan Assault as full on Enemy combatants.

halospartanassaultconsolecontentscreensh

Now exactly how they fit into the story is beyond me, since Halo: Spartan Assault is after Halo 3, and a prequel to Halo 4.

#8 Sadly Just AL

Sadly Just AL

Binto

• Dedicated Members
  • 602 posts
Dedicated
18    4    2               

Posted 08 December 2013 - 12:03 PM

Man, Spartan Assault might have the flood, but I still have doubts about the flood coming back to the storyline, as SA doesn't look too much like a story game but rather a simple action game instead.

Screenshot_3%2B(24).png
"State your name, rank, and intention."
...Sparky... Sparky.... Fun.

#9 I_Make_Big_Boom

I_Make_Big_Boom

The Prophet of No Ragrets

• Art Group
  • 1,565 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:SelfDestruct217
7             9                      2      

Posted 08 December 2013 - 07:28 PM

Man, Spartan Assault might have the flood, but I still have doubts about the flood coming back to the storyline, as SA doesn't look too much like a story game but rather a simple action game instead.

Spartan Assault has a full story. It's about Palmer and UNSC trying to stop a rogue Covenant Faction from obtaining a Planet Destroyer Machine. From what I've heard its not just mindless killing in Portable form.

I'm just wondering how the Flood will play out in the story. The game is between 3 and 4 (I think), so therefore, If Palmer is fighting the Flood, then they are obviously not defeated like we were led to believe in Halo 3 (but I already knew that. There are some spots in the Galaxy were Flood still reside. Like samples stored on some of the Rings, and what seems to be full infestation of the surface of one of the Halos.)

I'm thinking the chances of Flood returning in Halo 5 are pretty good.

#10 Knight

Knight

Jackal

• Members
  • 6 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Stealthsniper E
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 December 2013 - 09:09 PM

If there are rings that have samples and a ring that is infested, I believe something either in Halo 5  or SA something will happen so that my guess will be that Someone from the UNSC has to go to an area infested and from there bring the flood back into the game.

#11 Guthred Wita

Guthred Wita

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 68 posts
Liked

Posted 11 December 2013 - 07:50 PM

I think it's pretty guaranteed for the Flood to return, if not then it'll be the Dormant Precursors in their original form. Otherwise the entire Halo story will become void without the Flood, as it's actually quite centered around them, and the Precursors. 

#12 Yoshi1176

Yoshi1176

Co-Founder of HTA

• Event Management
  • 1,819 posts
Heroic
  • LocationSan Francisco
            8          2          5               

Posted 11 December 2013 - 09:15 PM

Spartan Assault has a full story. It's about Palmer and UNSC trying to stop a rogue Covenant Faction from obtaining a Planet Destroyer Machine. From what I've heard its not just mindless killing in Portable form.

I'm just wondering how the Flood will play out in the story. The game is between 3 and 4 (I think), so therefore, If Palmer is fighting the Flood, then they are obviously not defeated like we were led to believe in Halo 3 (but I already knew that. There are some spots in the Galaxy were Flood still reside. Like samples stored on some of the Rings, and what seems to be full infestation of the surface of one of the Halos.)

I'm thinking the chances of Flood returning in Halo 5 are pretty good.

I think what he meant was that they may not return to the main version of halo. Because Spartan Assault does have a story just not the gameplay and story of previous halo titles. 

Posted Image

First Presidential MoM

#13 SPARTAN 117

SPARTAN 117

Prophet of Regret

• Trusted Members
  • 202 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Relue117
  • LocationUSA

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:16 PM

The Flood will never ever ever be gone ever. They are older than humanity. They are older than than the Forerunners. They are even older than the Prescursors. The Flood is what caused the fall of the latter two species, and they nearly destroyed humanity a hundred thousand years ago (when the Forerunners and the human, though not as we know them, coexisted). They can be and are anywhere in the vastness of distant space, whose origins are unknown and whose Graveminds bear thousands of years of knowledge. They are kind of like Mass Effect's Reapers in role, but act much slower and randomly, so the extinction of the galaxy's ruling specie is gradual and definitive. They were not on Requiem because because the planet (an artificial structure like the Halos, also like Onyx and Trevelyan) was a shield world built to protect against invasion and stay outside of the Halo Array's blast radius, as it was initially built as a safe-haven for humanity to regrow after the Forerunners devolved them to what we recognize as human now. Unfortunately, the Ur-Didact held the construct as his own to survive the first Halo Array firing, in an effort to return one day to destroy humanity against his wife's (the Librarian) will. Earth (known as Erde-Tyrene) became a last-ditch location for the rest of humanity and for the Librarian, for it lies on the edge of the blast radius, though no one knows if any humans are alive on the Lesser Ark as well, presumably with the Iso-Didact (at least if I remember correctly. Feel free to correct, you Halo lore junkies). The first Halo Array firing, which destroyed all life for hundreds of lightyears, could not end the Flood, so I have no reason to believe a few-year firefight with them will either. Another Gravemind will grow in the galaxy, and the Flood will be reborn.

"The best kind of weapon is the weapon you only have to fire once." - Tony Stark

2qb91s6.jpg

#14 ShockGazm

ShockGazm

Y Ddraig Goch

• Dedicated Members
  • 957 posts
Dedicated

Posted 17 December 2013 - 11:42 AM

Yeah, the flood will always be around. Who knows if they'll make a come back.

#15 DrummDragon

DrummDragon

Drone

• Members
  • 15 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:DrummDragon

Posted 18 December 2013 - 03:33 AM

As much as everyone hates the flood...I do sort of miss them in a way. And I honestly did enjoy the dreaded Library level in the original Halo. Mostly, I just like using the shotgun :D

#16 Snipe MD

Snipe MD

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 142 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Snipe MD
  • LocationFind me on YouTube!

Posted 18 December 2013 - 07:34 AM

They blew up...

...can't be more straitforward than that.

I once knew a hooker named "Lady Luck". She would've given me a lapdance, but I decided to buy that rocket launcher instead...

snip3m101_by_bronyswag-d71n6j2.png

#17 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 20 December 2013 - 01:55 AM

The Flood came from another galaxy and are on the other Non blow up Halo rings so yep plenty of Flood to go around for all ! :D 

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#18 Guthred Wita

Guthred Wita

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 68 posts
Liked

Posted 20 December 2013 - 04:53 PM

The flood were the result of a defect from powder which the Precursors had turned themselves into and left behind after the ancient Forerunners destroyed them. The Flood are almost completely mandatory to the Halo universe, at least the story line we're currently indulged with in.

Besides, the Flood are prophecized to return to test Humanity, and the Flood we faced already are kittens to the original Flood the Ancient Humans and Forerunners faced.

At some point we will face the Flood.... Because we have too. 

#19 ShockGazm

ShockGazm

Y Ddraig Goch

• Dedicated Members
  • 957 posts
Dedicated

Posted 22 December 2013 - 03:18 PM

Thinking about the flood, maybe if they're brought back, I can imagine a Promethean and Flood hybrid enemy. Ahh, that would be badass! 

#20 Mothy

Mothy

Prophet of Regret

• Dedicated Members
  • 162 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Your Loofah
  • LocationMarion, Iowa

Posted 22 February 2014 - 01:15 AM

Moar flood please. And also, can you make the flood character skin an option? It sucks that you cannot hold weapons whilst playing infection

Posted Image
Thanx AnimeAddict

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Flood

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users