343i 14th Weekly Community Poll

BeckoningZebra1

Hello and welcome to the 14th 343i Weekly Community Poll!

Last week's question asked you which member of the wretched Flood race you despised the most. It was such a close ballet that the winner wasn't determined until a last second (ok, yes he did have two more hours to vote but  I'm just being dramatic) vote was cast that would decide which member of the Flood is the most hated and unappreciated.

Ranged Forms! :clap:

All right on to this week's question. This is a question I'm sure many forgers would be glad to give their input in. Here it is:

Do you prefer Forge World or Forge Island?

forgeworld.jpg

If you want your vote to count, vote before 10:00AM EST 12/02/13

Thank you all for participating and see ya' next week! :wave:

Have a question, complaint, or suggestion pertaining to the poll? Message me

• Like 4

I actually prefer Forge World, but I think that's purely because I spent so much time forging in there. There's just something about the look of the Forge pieces in Halo 4 which I find a bit off-putting, it's like they don't quite fit together properly. I also quite like the way that the natural terrain in Forge World can be used either as an incredibly pretty backdrop, or actually worked into maps themselves: one of the best Forge maps I've ever seen was a re-imagining of Battle Creek which was built almost entirely from the natural terrain of Forge World, with just the bases and a large exterior wall to contain the action.

That said, I REALLY like having a nice, smooth surface to forge on without needing to spend ages putting down coliseum walls and aligning them, especially in light of the rotation glitch which occasionally interfered with maps in Reach. So overall, definitely in favour of Forge World, but Forge Island certainly has its benefits!

Forge World, it is the most preferable environment in my opinion, as it has terrain, it has much more fitting natural features which I love.

And you don't have to creat your own cliffs and caves and mountains, which is very nice in aesthetics, especially when you make a fort space inside a mountainside, as if it was built into it. Sure you can't place trees, but we have our own trees already on the map and much better special FX to change the look of the map however you choose.

I knew ranged forms. :) I'm on a role! :D

I'm going to have to say Forge World because of all the space and freedom. I've played many better custom games maps on Forge World than on Forge Islands. The forge was also better in Halo Reach in my opinion because of more vehicles that I liked. As a map, definitely Forge World for me. ;)

Both because forge world is bigger and gives you more places to forge and more items to use but forge island give you a good chance for more creative opportunity and gives you more ways to come u with ideas where the map won't mess you up and cause you not to legs something that is component to the map idea you have.

I know I have to choose one though. So I choose forge world