Reach was destroyed after Noble Team were KIA

Guts

In Mombasa streets in ODST down an alley there is a spray painted messaged "Remember Reach".

Somebody knew about Reach and what happened. 

Buck also mentions on the mission Coastal Highway he says "They're gonna turn this place into Reach" when the Covenant begin to destroy New Mombasa with cruisers.

This suggests Reach was destroyed in the same way.

post-75607-0-92556700-1384978832_thumb.jpg

post-75607-0-96721900-1384978883.jpg

Well explained by the members above. I think reach is now used for harvesting food or training UNSC. But yes, The Fall of Reach was a huge war and was known by many. It is still burnt during Halo 4 (2557) but recovers 10 or 20 years after. Some people survived in ONI's Castle base underneath Reach. I would recommend reading Halo The Fall of Reach and Halo First Strike, great books. They are really informative and you learn so much more about the story. :)

Well it wasn't technically destroyed. The amount of pure power and energy to obliterate something as large as a planet is virtually unimaginable by any stretch of human thought. What the Covenant were able to do is "glass" the planet. That is subject it's surfaces to such a high heat that it turns to glass. (Because of the sand content I think)

At the end of Halo reach we are given this image that I take to show that Reach has recovered and is producing life now again.\

halo_reach_ending.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

***** Spoilers *****

I am currently reading First Strike, the third book in the Halo novel series. And the covenant did not completely glass Reach. The covenant glassed half the planet leaving the rest for excavation of castle base. What I'm assuming is Sword base in Reach. Admiral Whitcomb set nukes to destroy Reach because of all the intelligence on Reach. The book to the point that I am at has not said if the nukes went off. Plus the covenant were said to be using Reach in the book. The crystal that Halsey had and was later destroyed by Locklear was the thing the Covenant were after on Reach. Also the remember Reach thing in ODST wasn't just because they knew it was destroyed. The citizens assumed that it was destroyed or else the Covenant wouldn't be at Earth yet. Buck wasn't at Reach when it was partially glassed he was evacuated to Earth as was most remaining forces after the fall of Reach. Again fall of Reach not meaning it was completely destroyed. He wouldn't have known if Reach was completely glassed or not because ONI would probably have kept that a secret. So the things that are said in ODST are assumptions.

Edited by Yoshi1176

I am currently reading First Strike, the third book in the Halo novel series. And the covenant did not completely glass Reach. The covenant glassed half the planet leaving the rest for excavation of castle base. What I'm assuming is Sword base in Reach. Admiral Whitcomb set nukes to destroy Reach because of all the intelligence on Reach. The book to the point that I am at has not said if the nukes went off. Plus the covenant were said to be using Reach in the book. The crystal that Halsey had and was later destroyed by Locklear was the thing the Covenant were after on Reach. Also the remember Reach thing in ODST wasn't just because they knew it was destroyed. The citizens assumed that it was destroyed or else the Covenant wouldn't be at Earth yet. Buck wasn't at Reach when it was partially glassed he was evacuated to Earth as was most remaining forces after the fall of Reach. Again fall of Reach not meaning it was completely destroyed. He wouldn't have known if Reach was completely glassed or not because ONI would probably have kept that a secret. So the things that are said in ODST are assumptions.

I have read all three books i the first series. The Fall of Reach and First Strike were amazing and I'm glad to hear you are reading them. I think you should mention SPOILERS first before anyone reads on without knowing.

That's not true. He was killed defending Dr. Halsey by the Arbiter.

Actually that is completely wrong please don't make things up.

Read Halo: Initiation and you will find out what happened to Jun but please do not make things up without a source. 

Yeah woops ill fix that...

Good. ;)

Actually that is completely wrong please don't make things up.

Read Halo: Initiation and you will find out what happened to Jun but please do not make things up without a source. 

True. When I'm not too sure about something I either search it first before I post, or mention that it may not be completely true.

• 2 weeks later...

This is unconfirmed but very likely.

Well, I'm almost certain Jun is dead. They didn't mention him at all in any other game and any of the books or comics I have read. I heard someone say he was killed by the Arbiter which is quiet possible.

Oh goodness can both of you just look it up or read Halo: Initiation before blurting out such things. 

SPOILER BELOW THIS

Jun is alive and he helped find recruits for the Spartan-4 program. Including Palmar. 

Edited by Buns

Oh goodness can both of you just look it up or read Halo: Initiation before blurting out such things. 

SPOILER BELOW THIS

Jun is alive and he helped find recruits for the Spartan-4 program. Including Palmar. 

I know this already. http://halo.wikia.com/wiki/Jun-A266 Go to the bottom of the Biography section and you'll see what I mean. He was alive after Reach, but it is likely that he died later if you read what the link says. As I said, it's not confirmed. I think you meant Palmer.

reach wasnt destroyed since the covenant wanted to cleanse the planet of humans in their great quest also if reach was destroyed how come there is a cut scene after lone wolf where the planet is in the sun and your helmet is just lying there also the UNSC retrieved your armour and melted it

@ Yang Xiao Long

Have you read any of the Halo novels? The first three tell what happened to Reach.

True. They didn't invade Reach to kill humans, they did it because a forerunner artifact they previously retrieved led them their. They had also placed a spy drone on the UNSC Iroquois which led them to Reach. The Covenant's main objective was to retrieve another forerunner artifact located beneath Menachite Mountain.

As said above, in a few comments. Reach, was not fully destroyed it was basically burned down to the ground, but not fully destroyed. Please before you post things like this, make sure you are certain of what you are about to say. But, i'm glad we have people that know what their talking about :)

Edited by тυ¢кєя

As said above, in a few comments. Reach, was not fully destroyed it was basically burned down to the ground, but not fully destroyed. Please before you post things like this, make sure you are certain of what you are about to say. But, i'm glad we have people that know what their talking about :)

Agreed. ;)

they all could of survived noble team. kat was shot through the head with a gun that wasnt a sniper. her over sheilds could of absorbed it. the bomb that gorge used wasnt a bomb but a telaporation bomb rember. carter could of survived because rember ua nd gorge survived the crash in the spire. emily went mia, jun could of survived because his body was aculy never found. and u could of survived because rember that they sayed they could rebulid. but they didnt say wat this could implly they can rebulid u