I don't see a lot of topics on Invasion anymore. I was actually upset when i found out that it'd be absent in Halo 4, but either way, do you think invasion will make a return in Halo 5 ? Personally, i really liked it. That was the only game mode i played with the exception of Big team Battle and Team Slayer. But, the only thing Halo 4 did that somewhat resembled Invasion was create Dominion and i still felt as if it wasn't enough, but i took what i could get, and now, it's gone, i can't even play that, hah. Being big on Battlefield, i really grow bored of a game if i don't exactly have an objective. In fact, now that i think of it, Invasion was like Battlefield's RUSH game mode. But, that's besides the point. Anywho, do you guys think invasion would make a return in Halo 5 ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

elites have regenerating health, that was one advantage, that leap can be distructive if you know how to flank your target. use the needler and active camo you would do better you have to use your brain on the assult finding weak points its fun but you have to work as a team to break or hold the line i assume u had alot of no mics or split screen players right? when the game is played right those 3 mins can feel like a eternity. its a game type that makes you cheer when a tank blows up or when you finaly get that ******* in the banshee. atleast thats how i feel about it. 

But i wouldnt mind them building on the idea maybe instead of territorys to capture give like a generator or a big door or wall to break down with explosives. or ram it with a tank or something. it just adds to the intence battle feel. a task to be done or objective adds element of survival to the mix. That is what warfare is really about not getting shot. haha

Invasion was fun, I felt Dominion did good replacing it (What time Dominion was in Halo 4's matchmaking that is.) But the only reason I ever played Invasion was because it was Spartans vs Elites and I didn't even like playing as an Elite, I preferred playing as a Spartan. But there was just something special about gunning down Elites (controlled by real players) in matchmaking. 

So I wouldn't say Invasion needs to make a return to Halo 5, but Spartans vs Elites in matchmaking definitely deserves some deep consideration from 343.

In some way invasion needs to return because in the base game of Halo 4 there was no phase gametype for example

Phase one you would just have to go on foot

Phase 2 you get a mongoose and warthog

Phase 3 you get a falcon

So that is what I mean the maps slowly opens up with new weapons and vehicles coming out with every phase in other words

( The battle gets battle gets bigger as time gets on ) :)

Edited by Ranger447
  • Like 1

In some way invasion needs to return because in the base game of Halo 4 there was no phase gametype for example

Phase one you would just have to go on foot

Phase 2 you get a mongoose and warthog

Phase 3 you get a falcon

So that is what I mean the maps slowly opens up with new weapons and vehicles coming out with every phase in other words

( The battle gets battle gets bigger as time gets on ) :)

Conversion was a phase gametype. It is a heavily modified version of extraction that plays a lot like a chaotic invasion. A little unbalanced but loads of fun.

If you could play as a Promethean in matchmaking that would be pretty cool, I'm sure there would be a way to work it out. Spartans vs Promethean on Invasion... I can see it now.

I'm not too sure if we'll see that happening in Halo Xbox One. We would be slightly over powered and they would have to change the game mechanic completely. The HUD, the vehicles, the loadouts/classes. These are only a few of the many things that will need to be considered.

I loved playing Invasion in Halo Reach though and I would love to see it make a return. ;)

Invasion needs to return, but in a different way. First of all, now user generated maps. There is no more Spire or Boneyard in Reach anymore, and all the user generated maps are annoying. If the Xbox One's engine permits it, a space battle between a Frigate and a Corvette. You can drop down in a drop pod into a small area in the planet below, maybe a remake of Spire. If not, then maybe three way invasion with Spartans, Elites, and Promethians.

Invasion needs to return, but in a different way. First of all, now user generated maps. There is no more Spire or Boneyard in Reach anymore, and all the user generated maps are annoying. If the Xbox One's engine permits it, a space battle between a Frigate and a Corvette. You can drop down in a drop pod into a small area in the planet below, maybe a remake of Spire. If not, then maybe three way invasion with Spartans, Elites, and Promethians.

Those are two really interesting ideas. Three way Invasion seems complicated but fun. The Prometheans could be A.I's and the Elites and Spartans could be allied with each other against them. As long as the Elites aren't Storm Covenant. I also like the idea of dropping down from a ship. That would be fun and interesting to see.