AlexJ189

How this track came about? In my life there are very few things that I love doing. I mean I like going to the cinema, but I don’t love it. I like to watch football on a Saturday afternoon, but it’s not something I love doing. However if there’s one thing I do love doing, it’s driving a mongoose or warthog across terrain. That’s where this map came from.

I decided to make this map on Erosion as I’ve already explored Ravines terrain, and Forge Island and Impact don’t really have much to offer in that particular area. Another decision I made pretty quickly was to use construction aesthetics as a theme for the map. With Erosion being rather dusty and baron, I thought it would make a great construction site.

With all decisions made I went ahead and forged the map. It took me about 2-3 hours to forge the track, and then a further 3 hours to do all of the aesthetics. During the making of the map, largely because of the bumpiness of the terrain, I made the decision to use warthogs and not mongooses as the main vehicle. You can still choose to use mongooses (or ghosts) if you want, Warthogs are just the recommended vehicle.

What was the hardest part? Deciding on the final layout of the track. Took me about an hour of randomly driving around in different vehicles to come to a final decision.

Fastest lap time: 47 seconds

Number of checkpoints (per lap): 15

Difficulty: Easy

Vehicle: Warthog (recommended), Mongoose or Ghost.

Easter egg: One of the construction workers seems to have lost his football (soccer ball). Can you find it for him?

Note: THIS MAP WILL ONLY WORK WITH ‘CONSTRUCTION RACE’ GAMETYPE.

Screenshots:

post-74951-0-79775800-1384455832_thumb.jpg

post-74951-0-79819700-1384455834_thumb.jpg

post-74951-0-17490300-1384455837_thumb.jpg

Map Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo4/fileshare/details/a9c2a9c8-d5f1-4e54-9fe9-689e65dd55cf

Gametype Link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-gb/games/halo4/fileshare/details/ec8a37ba-6cc5-4b6e-af78-ff8e0f00e2f2

Update:

• Fixed an issue where if you fall off the track at a certain point, you were not able to return due to invisible walls.
  • Fixed an issue where if you took next to no speed on the grav volume jump you would just end up bouncing around and not moving for ages.