The Pelican...

Onsokumaru

15 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the Halo 4 Pelican?

• Yes!
    • No!

Hello Everyone! Onsokumaru here with a new topic!! today I want to discuss the Pelican... Some Say the new Pelican Rocks some say 343 ruined it with the new upper cannon and the two side gunner seats, well lets see what were some good changes, and what are some bad changes? 2821619-web_preview.png

Hello Everyone! Onsokumaru here with a new topic!! today I want to discuss the Pelican... Some Say the new Pelican Rocks some say 343 ruined it with the new upper cannon and the two side gunner seats, well lets see what were some good changes, and what are some bad changes? 2821619-web_preview.png

As said on the game it is a modified pelican for full combat pursuit ( If chief escaped the infinity )  but lasky let chief use it to catch the didact because he trusted chief and believed him about the didact so from what I remember all other pelicans look like the halo 3 ones. :)

but when you look they use those more in spartan ops so they could be the new upgrade to the pelican so that they had more fire power and it has been four years in four years computers change Xbox one is coming out so i mean not everything is the same anymore cause four years there are newer things   

As said on the game it is a modified pelican for full combat pursuit ( If chief escaped the infinity )  but lasky let chief use it to catch the didact because he trusted chief and believed him about the didact so from what I remember all other pelicans look like the halo 3 ones. :)

I did some research on pelicans and found out that these are the standard pelicans of the UNSC at the time of halo 4 so I guess I will correct myself a bit

Yes the pelican is improved

1 It has been four years since halo 3 and in most cases the newest stuff is the best

2 See that pelicans armour it looks much more stronger than the flimsy pelicans you had in halo 3

3 see those turrets on this side that means more firepower so the more firepower the better

4 The pelican has a boost on it so It can get to away or get to places faster

5 From what I remember from one of the halo novels pelicans now have slip space drives

6 I looks more aero dynamic

:)

• 3 weeks later...

I honestly think they ruined it. It's way oversized compared to past pelicans. The turrets have a terrible look. It looks way bulkier, too. For ex, look at the Pelicans in Halo: CE,  you couldn't even see a shadow of one against the Pillar of Autumn. In Halo 4, the Infinity is almost twice as long as the PoA, but you can still see big ass pelican floating. They should have kept it the same. :/ Just my opinion though.

Well in terms of design I think it comes down to preference. I don't really mind the way either of them look, seeing as there's not really a huge difference between the two. 

But in terms of performance I'd imagine Halo's Pelican would be the clear front runner. Seeing how technology advances rather than declines, Halo 4's Pelican is most likely faster, supports greater firepower, and/or has better shielding. 

I personally would like to see the Pelican more involved in the upcoming Halo titles. Particularly in the area of matchmaking, where I felt as though 343 disapointed with the only air vehicle being the banshee.

• 6 months later...

The Pelican is easily my favorite vehicle, from Halo 1 to Halo Reach! When I heard of that glitch in Reach, I was so happy! The Pelican always showed up, backing you up with troops or shooting down Phantoms, looking badass while it did it. I, honestly, hate the new Pelican, not only the side turrets, but the design itself. The ramp, how you entered the cockpit from the front, and the rear thrusters even looked weird. I just want my Halo 3 Pelican back.

H4's Pelican didn't have a very nice shade of green, and it looked a little fat.

But the weapons and boost function were, as many have stated, an improvement, and I can forgive its appearance entirely simply because we finally get to fly one, and not as an easter egg.

now only if it just could be possible to hae chase scene in one in Halo 5 through an urban enviroment.

"YOU LET [iNSERT NAME HERE] GET AWAY"

"TRY AGAIN? 10...9...8...7"

Well if  it has " new upper cannon and the two side gunner seats" then surely if improved would enhance gameplay abit more.And a well updated version of the pelican is cool - who would say no to a much better designed pelican?

And if you disagree.. there's always Halo 5 to rely on and see if they make any changes to the pelican..

• 1 month later...

I like the design of the Halo 4 pelican, minus the cannon on top of it. The Pelican is for troop transport, but I guess some are combat equipped too. I love the Pelican, but I prefer the ones in older Halo games. I still think that the one in Halo 4 looks good though. The turrets on the side remind me of the Falcon. I just think that the cannon on top looks really out of place though.