Why dont i get notifications if someone comments?

Onsokumaru

hello everyone! onsokumaru here wondering how come I don't get notifications if someone comments on my posts? I also want to Mention I have every box checked lol....

Your notification settings in your user profile don't actually affect whether or not you'll receive notification for replies to topics: if you want to see every reply made to a topic, you'll need to manually enable the 'Follow this Topic' notifications using the button just below the shoutbox on the thread's page. You can then choose how often you'd like to receive notifications about a topic, so while if you choose 'Instantly' you'll get one notification for every reply as soon as it happens, if you were to choose 'Weekly' you'd get one notification a week telling you how many replies were made to that topic.

'Instantly' is very good if you are actively participating in a discussion and don't want to have to use quotes to get someone's attention every time you make a reply, or want to read every response as soon as they're made: however, this can lead to a very large number of notifications. Weekly updates are much more useful if you're following a high-traffic topic and don't want a lot of notifications, and for topics that you'd just prefer to follow for updates.

• Like 3