Helloooo Community!

So I am playing 4 and I had a brainstorm. And that brainstorm was about how to rank up in Halo 5. Now the following Ideas, are of course, rough ideas, opinion based, factual element assited ides that I hope can shape Halo 5 for the better. So please join me as we discuss what could be a great and wonderful fresh ranking system that can cater to all!

Competive Ranking Skill:

This is a overhaul of Halo 3's and Halo 4's skill and CSR systems respectively. It is a 1-100 'Skill Rank' that increases the better you play. It does this in the following manner;

When you are matched up, you will be placed against player equal to or maximum 2 Skills above you but not outside your tier. every 5 skills equals a tier. players a teir below you will not be matched up with you. this prevents any people being unjustly demoted cause they had bad games as a result of poor match-up. Now ranking uo a skill is relatively simple. If you play 4v4, 5v5 or minimum 8 player Team Slayer, FFA, KOTH, CTF, Extraction, and you Finish among the top 3 MVPs, if it is a 6v6, 7v7, 8v8 or minimum 12 player Team Slayer, Invasion, Dominion etc then it is the top 5 MVPs out of both teams (you don't have to win to be MVP) then you start MVP chain. now, if you can chain say 3 MVPs in three matches in a row, you go up a skill. But, if you chain 5 games as the worst player in 8 player minimums or bottom 3 in 12 player minimum, you go down a skill. This ranking system also means that if you are amongst the players in the middle ground without chaining enough to progress or degress, you have hit your current niche skill , and so until you as a player improve, you will have matches where you play pretty well most of the time, in other words, a fair match up.

This caters to both the highly competive player and the just want to have fun as it mean the competive players get to have their 'who has the biggest rifle' contests but just for fun can find their niche, stay there and not have to worry with being placed with people out of their league, which might start to annoy them.

Customization Level System:

This takes the Reach ranking system, adds to it without taking away from it, but making it not affect who you match up with. You earn XP for this Leveling System, and the XP you earn also earns you an amount equal to that in credits. these credit are used to purchase the following;

Weapon Skins

Helmets (Attachable Custom Decor both skins and peices [like in reach])

Chest Peices (Custom Decor skins and peices)

Shoulders

Guantlets

Upper Leg Peices

Lower Leg Peices

Visor Colour

Unique Emblems (Special, Awesome ones)

Armour Effects (Flaming Head Red, Blue, Storm, Birthday party, but some can be used together)

Firefight Voices

Spartan Matchmaking Voice (Eg. Halo 3 spartan, Halo Reach Spartan, Halo 4, Halo 3 Elite etc)

Additional Loadout slots

Weapon Effects (Like Armour effect but for loadout weapons eg confetti frags rainbow LR)

Wrist Decal (The wrist things from reach)

leg pouch (again from reach

belt peice (in reach, but were defualts on torsos)

Knives (custom knives that change your assanation animations and and knive on armour)

Warthog Horn (General Lee!)

this caters to the Just wanna have fun by allowing them to have something to work for that isn't about their skill level. its for customization and some general comedic fun.

So what do you think Community? Is it worth a thought? I hope so, cause I would love to see this implemented, even just for the customization options. The Skill system keeps people in their good match ups without hindering their over all progression, and stops people from getting annoyed from being placed against people who are to good. Please, post your opinion, thoughts, possible improvements, other customization ideas and so on. Lets make Halo 5 have fresh, new, and fun ranking system!

• Like 4

this is the best ranking system idea for halo 5 that i have seen. i agree with both of you. i love these ideas. they are smart and even. you really thought this out so great job on this. you did well. i think i might have read this wrong and i hope i didn't but if i did correct me please. i thought i read that within the skill groups if you lose and are last on the team or if you are last on the team but the team wins anyways the the person who was last lose XP and may lose the skill level and be ranked down? i might have read that wrong but if ididnt i have to say that i don't agree. it just doesn't seem fair for some people. i try to be good in matchmaking and i usually am not. i do my best and most of the time i don't make it an higher places on the team i usually get last or second to last. i just want to point out that if it is like that then people who actually try all the time may almost never get ranked up and just get ranked down and soon will seem like a crappy player and no one will play with them. so i think that if you get last on the team you don't gain or lose anything.

otherwise awsome ideas

• Like 1

this is the best ranking system idea for halo 5 that i have seen. i agree with both of you. i love these ideas. they are smart and even. you really thought this out so great job on this. you did well. i think i might have read this wrong and i hope i didn't but if i did correct me please. i thought i read that within the skill groups if you lose and are last on the team or if you are last on the team but the team wins anyways the the person who was last lose XP and may lose the skill level and be ranked down? i might have read that wrong but if ididnt i have to say that i don't agree. it just doesn't seem fair for some people. i try to be good in matchmaking and i usually am not. i do my best and most of the time i don't make it an higher places on the team i usually get last or second to last. i just want to point out that if it is like that then people who actually try all the time may almost never get ranked up and just get ranked down and soon will seem like a crappy player and no one will play with them. so i think that if you get last on the team you don't gain or lose anything.

otherwise awsome ideas

no, not like that. it means if you preform worst in the game across both teams, then you stat what is called a Lose streak. if you are the worst player 5 games in a row, you will be demoted. this isnt to patronize people, it helps them go back to the previous tier if the tier they just got to was to hard. But your hifhest skill acheived is always shown beside your current skill. showing you have played that well before. bear in mind, even if you ahve 4 lose streak, you play one more game and.arent the bottom player, the chain is reset also, set parameter is there. the player coulhave the lowest score but still have played well. so if their average score for that match is around their norm or better preformance, it will not start a chain and it will break the current one. It isnt to easy to be demoted, but its there to allow people who cant keep up with their new teir.
  • Like 1

Thank you people. I felt that the ranking system should work on skill, not how much XP you earn, cause people just boosted on Firefight/Spartan Ops. This way, If you want to rank up, you have to play well in game. If xyou wanted, you could implement a similar system for Firefight/Spartan Ops, where instead of MVP, there is a Par score you have to reach, and as you reach these par scores they accumulate up. these would never go down though, cause they are cooperative game modes. They also earn XP and Credits for your customization rank.

I would also like to add that alot of Halo fans left Halo 4 Due to a lack of a Competetive system this could entice old players who disliked the game for the lack of competetive ranking.

• Like 2

Thank you people. I felt that the ranking system should work on skill, not how much XP you earn, cause people just boosted on Firefight/Spartan Ops. This way, If you want to rank up, you have to play well in game. If xyou wanted, you could implement a similar system for Firefight/Spartan Ops, where instead of MVP, there is a Par score you have to reach, and as you reach these par scores they accumulate up. these would never go down though, cause they are cooperative game modes. They also earn XP and Credits for your customization rank.

I would also like to add that alot of Halo fans left Halo 4 Due to a lack of a Competetive system this could entice old players who disliked the game for the lack of competetive ranking.

True. Many people hated the fact that very little skill was required to rank up in Halo 4. It was more dedication than skill. I hope 343 fix this next time.

• Like 1

Exactly my point

I think that it would really bring back older players. The ones that really disliked Halo Reaches 'Arena' or Halo 4s CSR. I would really love this to be incorporated so that it brings back the old members and veterans within the fanbase. These people, while often regarded as nostalgia fanboys, are not necesarily wrong. Halo seems to have picked up a bad trend of dropping things that work for things that do not work. Some things do, But in recent times, in trying to stay current, falls further behind. Going back to its roots could be its saving grace.

I think that it would really bring back older players. The ones that really disliked Halo Reaches 'Arena' or Halo 4s CSR. I would really love this to be incorporated so that it brings back the old members and veterans within the fanbase. These people, while often regarded as nostalgia fanboys, are not necesarily wrong. Halo seems to have picked up a bad trend of dropping things that work for things that do not work. Some things do, But in recent times, in trying to stay current, falls further behind. Going back to its roots could be its saving grace.

Yeah, the older Halo players knew the game well. Now the newer people joining aren't as educated in Halo. There were some good player in Halo 3 and Halo Reach.

• Like 1

I just hope a 343 employee sees this and shows it to the people who decide it. If they Implement this, Halo might make MLG again. and that would be great. To see Halo back where it was 6 years ago. Top of MLG.

EDIT: The way I see it, 343 can put their own spin to the game, as long as the keep the core ideals, great campaigns, the same great dedication to their fanbase and balancing their multiplayer, Halo 4 missed some of this, and it suffered for it. if 343 can make a comeback for a almost perfect run with halo 5, then happy days, but to do this, they REALLY need to listen to Halo's OLDER fanbase, not it's newest. cause its newest did this:

Hey halo looks a little interesting, I can have my own weapons and perks like in cod or battlefield now!

Two weeks later

ugh, this is barely a cheap amalganation of battlefield, cod and halo, no point in this.

Whereas old fans were like this:

oh look, more changes, not gonna bother.

Jesus, its worse than pokemon genwunners!

343 needs to look at this ranking system, see if they like it, or parts of it, and implement it/them.

This is one of the kickstarts halo needs.

Further Ideas:

There are "Milestone Bonuses" hitting a certain skill will provide bonus credit and Customization Rank XP. examples include

Every time you go up a tier

super bonus every ten highest skills.

Game Win streaks provide customization rank multipliers eg you start at 1x (no games in a row, or the start of a streak 1 game) when you win your second game, the multiplier goes to 1.2x, at 3 in a row, its 1.4x and so on like this:

4 = 1.6x

5 = 1.8x

6 = 2x

7 = 2.2x

8 = 2.4x

9 = 2.6x

10 = 3x

11 = 3.4x

12 = 3.8x

13 = 4.2x

14 = 4.6x

15 = 5x (max Multiplier)

This can also encourage other to help the team better, as working together helps to ensure victory. Multipliers only reset after three consectutive losses, losing once freezes your chain, and you need to win again to unfreeze it (regardless if you win or lose, you still get the multiplied customization XP and Credits) failing to unfreeze it in the next game after the first loss triggers the next unfreeze game, which if you win, also unfreezes your multiplier, but losing this WILL reset the multiplier. giving the player enough chances not to drop their multiplier. certain ingame medals also add to your multiplier for each game, for example, your highest multikill medal will wultiply appropiatly, eg double kill would be 1.2x before winstreak multiplier, over would be a 1.4x etc your highest streak number would be added to your multikill multiplier, eg, say you earn a frenzy, this is 1.4x multiplier. 

you earn 2000 score this game

you get a a killtacular (1.5x)

and a Frenzy (1.4x)

any ingame multipliers are added together, so 2.9x

2000 x 2.9 = 5800 Customization XP and 5800 Credits

These 5800 values are taken, and multiplied by your win streak multiplier

6 win streak (2x)

5800 x 2 = 11600XP and 11600 Credits

this seems like alot, but remember how long Halo Reaches ranking took?

besides, it could be implemented that your Win Streak Multiplier ability isnt unlocked untill a certain Customization rank.

no, not like that. it means if you preform worst in the game across both teams, then you stat what is called a Lose streak. if you are the worst player 5 games in a row, you will be demoted. this isnt to patronize people, it helps them go back to the previous tier if the tier they just got to was to hard. But your hifhest skill acheived is always shown beside your current skill. showing you have played that well before. bear in mind, even if you ahve 4 lose streak, you play one more game and.arent the bottom player, the chain is reset also, set parameter is there. the player coulhave the lowest score but still have played well. so if their average score for that match is around their norm or better preformance, it will not start a chain and it will break the current one. It isnt to easy to be demoted, but its there to allow people who cant keep up with their new teir.

ok now that makes more sense i like that idea. it seems very fair to me.

Further Ideas:

There are "Milestone Bonuses" hitting a certain skill will provide bonus credit and Customization Rank XP. examples include

Every time you go up a tier

super bonus every ten highest skills.

Game Win streaks provide customization rank multipliers eg you start at 1x (no games in a row, or the start of a streak 1 game) when you win your second game, the multiplier goes to 1.2x, at 3 in a row, its 1.4x and so on like this:

4 = 1.6x

5 = 1.8x

6 = 2x

7 = 2.2x

8 = 2.4x

9 = 2.6x

10 = 3x

11 = 3.4x

12 = 3.8x

13 = 4.2x

14 = 4.6x

15 = 5x (max Multiplier)

This can also encourage other to help the team better, as working together helps to ensure victory. Multipliers only reset after three consectutive losses, losing once freezes your chain, and you need to win again to unfreeze it (regardless if you win or lose, you still get the multiplied customization XP and Credits) failing to unfreeze it in the next game after the first loss triggers the next unfreeze game, which if you win, also unfreezes your multiplier, but losing this WILL reset the multiplier. giving the player enough chances not to drop their multiplier. certain ingame medals also add to your multiplier for each game, for example, your highest multikill medal will wultiply appropiatly, eg double kill would be 1.2x before winstreak multiplier, over would be a 1.4x etc your highest streak number would be added to your multikill multiplier, eg, say you earn a frenzy, this is 1.4x multiplier. 

you earn 2000 score this game

you get a a killtacular (1.5x)

and a Frenzy (1.4x)

any ingame multipliers are added together, so 2.9x

2000 x 2.9 = 5800 Customization XP and 5800 Credits

These 5800 values are taken, and multiplied by your win streak multiplier

6 win streak (2x)

5800 x 2 = 11600XP and 11600 Credits

this seems like alot, but remember how long Halo Reaches ranking took?

besides, it could be implemented that your Win Streak Multiplier ability isnt unlocked untill a certain Customization rank.

Sounds like a good idea :)

The OP's post proves that both sides can be satisified. This actually reminds me a lot of the Halo 3 system with the levels/XP combination, which I liked. The leveling system reminds me of the Halo 2 system where it was a "3 win go up/3 loss go down" type of system (yours is different of course). I like your ideas.

I recommend you post this in the official 343 forums where this will have a higher chance of being seen by 343.

• Like 1

The OP's post proves that both sides can be satisified. This actually reminds me a lot of the Halo 3 system with the levels/XP combination, which I liked. The leveling system reminds me of the Halo 2 system where it was a "3 win go up/3 loss go down" type of system (yours is different of course). I like your ideas.

I recommend you post this in the official 343 forums where this will have a higher chance of being seen by 343.

Yeah, if you post this on the Halo Waypoint forums, it is possible that it might be viewed by a 343 employee. It is more likely to get noticed if it's really big/popular. If a lot of people view it and reply to it, there is more of a chance that 343 will see it. ;)

I will. This really should he seen by 343.