Halo: Origins (RP Thread)

VinWarrior

Leanne dialed Taylor the next day, for about the fourth time. Still no answer. But her uneasiness transformed into a splint of annoyance, the fact he called about something he said was important and then completely bailed. But she tried to vent and went to a nearby Cosmo Bucks for a Coffee.

As she was leaving, she saw an ODST leaving the shop, but she recognized the Echo Team crest on his shoulder and became suspicious. Leanne, bent on investigating and went to the soldier who was getting into a warthog with another Trooper. But before they could leave, she intercepted them as the driver started the vehicle's engine. 

"So... Where are you two off to?" She asked them, crossing her arms over her chest.

The two ODSTs exchanged looks, and snickered. Obviously new recruits judging by their fresh armor. 

"Emergency call." One of them said, puffing out his chest, heroically. 

"Yeah, you should get to safety, little lady."

A vein bulged in Leanne's forehead, irritated by their banter. She popped her hand in her pocket and produced a her ODST Badge, designating her as a 2 year veteran and squad second in command. The two recruits instantly went silent, obviously intimidated.

"So, what is it you guys are doing?" She asked again.

"Oh, so she's the one we're not supposed to tell." The driver said.

"Not supposed to tell, huh?" Leanne countered. "Who said?"

Leanne, being the higher rank, subordinated the driver to the back troop seats, while she drove the hog to HQ. She clutched the steering wheel, until her knuckles turned white from the grip. The recruits just sat in their seats, awkwardly quiet, obviously a bit uneasy by her silent anger. They finally arrived, after an hour drive to the space tether, connecting to their station and frigate. They all dismounted the vehicle and boarded the elevator, while the recruits kept their distance from Leanne. Once up, they went straight to the captain's room and barged into the office, which was full of the rest of Echo Team.

"As you can see, the rebels have moved th--." Captain Stanford stopped, seeing Leanne burst through the door, followed by the novice troopers that sulked behind her. 

Stanford sighed. "You two were not supposed to let her know." 

"Sorry, Sir." The two said in unison, looking down.

"I want answers." Leanne said, angrily. "Why was I not supposed to know?"

"Uh, well." Stanford began, mumbling.

"Because you should be in the kitchen." Kennard yelled from the crowd, laughing and high-fiving those around him.

​     Leanne was ballistic. This spurred her so badly, she shook with clenched fists.

"It's because I'm a woman?" She said through clenched teeth.

That's when Kennard got up and walked right to her until he stared her down.

"That's what I said, b****." He told her. "You're supposed to be pleasing men."

​Kennard instantly saw his mistake, he forgot his helmet, and stood unprepared as Leanne backhanded him right off his feet. He fell flat on his back, absolutely dazed by it's impact. She then turned around and exited the room, slamming the door behind her, feeling a bit better after laying Kennard out.

'What an a******.' She thought, angrily. 

Ike was going to the tether after he finished the small fight. He ran into Leanne while humming, Walking happily. Ike recognized her, "Hey Leanne, You look a little mad.. What's up?" Ike fell silent. "Okay, I'm sorry for ditching earlier, But I had to get the job done. But that aside, Why do you look angry?" Ike asked, Concerned.

Ike thought a plan out. "Hmm... Idea!! Alright, If they want proof that your just as good as a man, Why dont you come with me to the next battle with the rebels! If anything those bone heads will have to join. I mean, We ODST's are the desperate measures after all. Hey, While we're chatting here, Have you gotten in touch with your friend?" Ike stood in a pose of curiosity.

Leanne turned Ike's idea over in her mind, thinking it may be good. But then again, she was one of the oldest members on the team and still has no respect from her teammates.

"Decent idea, but these guys are not like that." She told Ike. "And no, I haven't gotten a hold of him. I think he's ignoring me." Leanne wondered if that was the case, if he WAS ingoring her, why? Was it something she did?

"Hmm... Maybe they need some straightening! I'll tell ya, I'm not the manliest here either. Trust me, Just imagine that one rookie who is all clumsy and stuff, But someone who'd actually laugh at it.. So, Where are they?" Ike jumped a few times, Indicating he was pumped and ready for some mischief.

"Hmm...." Ike looked puzzled. "They are just flat foots, They're just jealous they have to do easy stuff. From what I heard from Buck, The female ODST's are more nimble, and agile, Of course I take him for granted, Because I wouldn't want to find out. I know women when they get mad, They can really screw your **** up." Ike looked around the area. "But you know, Humanity these days, Bringing it back to the 1900's with this leave females out bull ****..." Ike sighed sadly, And went back to being cheerful. 

"Meh.. Just coming to see what these... Flat foots... No wait..." Ike pulled out a small book and listed a couple of mean names and pointed his finger to the page hard enough to the point of which his finger went through the book. "Well damn it, I ruined it. Screw the insults for now. I guess I'm just here conversing I guess." Ike put the small book back. "My stupid agenda aside.. What've you been up to?"

"Well, finally seeing why I haven't gotten reports or updates from my captain." Leanne told him. "And now I'm here."

She reflected what she said, seemed a little blunt, but she hates talking about herself since her parents always found a fault in her due to her disinterest in sports. But Ike seemed rather friendly, something, she didn't know what, made her feel comfortable around him.

"Hey I have to get going. I guess I'll talk to you later if I run into you? I'll pretty much be at home, I really need to take constant breaks from this place... So I guess I'll see you?" Ike asked calmly. He waited patiently for a response, Feeling a bit guilty for leaving last time, Being the person he is.

"I won't be doing much." Ike gave her his number. "If your bored I guess we can talk, I don't mind. I never have anything to do anyway, Other than sleep, Drive, Fight... Yeah!" Ike had started feeling happy, Another friend is good for him. Ike waved and started to walk off when he tripped over a stick, He got up laughing and wiped dust off his suit.

"Thanks for the lift, gents," Walter yelled over the sound of the Pelican's engines humming. A Marine beside the cockpit waved. Frederik and Duke toted their equipment, while Walter hefted the shotgun. A couple of other soldiers helped carry equipment off the aircraft. With a whoosh, the Pelican ascended to the sky, and flew off over the woods surrounding the house.

The three walked to the back door, all holding equipment. Walter set his luggage down, and reached out for the doorknob. Without turning it, the door opened. Any semblance of joy rushed out of his face in an instant.

He knelt down and opened the shotgun case. He loaded the gun, then crept into the house.

"Stay here," he whispered.

When Leanne got home, she threw the car keys onto the kitchen counter. She wasn't all to happy about what happened at HQ, but at least it wasn't all bad since Ike sort of cheered her up, which she doubted was possible after her revelation. But wanting to get over it, she picked up computer tablet and turned it to the news section to see if anything new was going on. But the usual Rebel movement and lame reality show ads, it was quite bland, at least she thought so until she hit a significant article.

'Spartan III Beta Program Launched', it was just a boring explanation of what it meant and what happens to the volunteers, but then she read the list of recruits.

"Peter Vangarson.... Lawrence Chinroah.... Kenna Ragarston.... Al Na--"

She froze... she remembered who's name that was, and looked at a picture on her wall. It was a polaroid of Leanne and her old friends. Besides Alex, Brandon, and Maya, Al was the youngest, being 15 when she left for the academy.

"Why would he do that?" She said aloud. "He's skinnier than a sniper barrel, how could he go and get himself killed?"

But, then again, it could be some other Al, but then she read the ACTUAL name pronunciation, and her shoulders drooped. No one else has that name, like, ANYWHERE. But, she just went to the next topic, relieved to see a gif of Chef Ramsey the 43rd yelling some pun about bad food at a cook. Leanne turned it again, and looked at a picture of a burning neighborhood.

'Rebels, again.' she thought. But Leanne peered closer at the picture and realized something horrifying... it was HER old neighborhood. Above the article, the title read *Attack on Arcadian Town, Evacuations Begun*. And the topic was fresh, only a few hours ago it was posted. 

"Probably what the squad was talking about." She muttered to herself... interrupted when her phone rang. She picked it up and read the contact. 'Unknown' it said, but Leanne asnwered it anyway.

"Hello?" She asked.

"ODST Trooper Designation 137, Echo Squad Leanne Xandrovic?" The man on the line asked, in return.

"Uh... yeah." She answered. "Who is this?"

"That is not important, but I've heard about your falling out with your squad from one of the recruits... heard it was pretty rough." The man answered.

"Sure." She told him. "Why did you call?"

"I have positions open in my platoon... and seeing as you're not too fond of yours, I would like to extend an invitation for you to join us." He informed.

Leanne thought, obviously skeptical, not wanting to trust a random caller but hating her crew, she hesitantly agreed to meet the guy on the details at the tether. 

"Alright." The man said. "I'll see you then." And hung up.

The caller got up from his seat and dialed a number on his phone again. 

"Hello." A gruff voice said.

"She's thinking about it." He told the other. "Meeting her tomorrow."

"Good, tell me her answer after." The other man said back.

"I will." The first said. "What's the plan for the Evacs, though?"

"Set, but we'll import more squads later." The other replied. "Gannon out."

Ike got home from work- Shopping that is, Not his favorite thing ever, But he wanted to get stuff so he wouldnt die strvation. He put the stuff away and fell face first on his couch, Not a good idea since he was still wearing the helmet. "Ow.. ****..."  He sat up and got on his laptop, Doing something. But what? He was designing ODST armor, He was pretty committed to it. "There... And... Wait  no..." Ike said silently. He added  a few touches  and then like magic, It was done! "No... This  looks like a five year old drew it..." Ike took the laptop like it was paper and threw it in the trash, Perfect shot! "Well, Better get a new one. Wait I already got a spare! Or two.. Or three... Oh  well!" Ike feeling drowsy got into bed and turned on the TV, Watching cartoons just laughing at the creativity and stupidity put into it.

• 2 weeks later...

OOC- Sorry it took me longer than expected to make my post I have been gone for a few weeks

Chaos soon ran through everywhere ever since Joseph's plan went into action. Some of there back up had arrived, but most where dead now because they were first year cadets except for their captain who was a third year. Having been through hell and back this past day, Joseph was getting tired from the fatigue but then the captain of the other squad was shot in the left shoulder.

"Captain!! We need a medic over he-"

Then man's sentence was cut short with a bullet to the skull. He fell onto the captain and she quickly pushed the corpse off.

"Hey you do you have any first aid boxs anywhere?" She asked

"Yea, give me a sec." Joseph replied

After firing a few more shots off, he got up and ran towards a door on his right. Going shoulder first into the door he busted through on his first try. Looking around he spots what he was looking for a small white box with a red cross on it. Running over to it Joseph rips it off of the wall looking down in front of him he sees a make-shift radio on the ground. An idea came to mind and he was down on the ground. Flipping the broadcast switch to all frequencies Joseph speaks int the radio.

"This is a cadet of the marine academy near New Alexadria, if anyone can hear this message we are under attack by the rebels. I repeat we are under attack. We wont be able to hold out much longer but if you are a marine, ODST, or even the god damn police we need your hel-"

He was cut off when a bomb went off in front of him and the radio is destroyed.

Edited by Trae Houston