Destiny Beta

Choot 'em

beta_update.jpg?cv=3983588669&av=4081730

Many of you already know of the recent announcement by Bungie of their exclusive beta test for the upcoming release of Destiny. In the return of Bungie's Weekly Update, five beta codes were given out. Codes are one time use so input as fast as you can to try and secure a place of your own in the Destiny Beta. I have already given one lucky member here a spare code that I happened to have ( ;))so here is another opportunity from Bungie themselves!!

FR7-JVH-KNY

PPD-4PH-RN7

VRK-DGA-PPT

DVH-M3A-KGH

PCP-9M9-ALP

Best of luck to those here at 343iCF! For a full explanation of how to redeem, visit Bungie's Code redemption FAQ found here >>> http://www.bungie.net/en/View/Bungie/coderedemptionfaq.

For a complete list of participating retailers, visit http://www.destinythegame.com/wheretobuy. Participating beta code retailers have the official Beta logo next to it's name. (post-9451-0-56041700-1380993108.png) Select your region then select retailer of choice.

• Like 5

Anyone in the U.S. that has access to a local Game Stop can simply place $5.00 towards the preorder and get a beta code. If you have already ordered from GS you may have already, or soon get, an email from them with the code. This is based on the fact they have your email address. I have talked with GS and they stated if you do not receive the beta code via email, you may stop into your local store and where you can 'reset' your preorder and receive the code right on the receipt. 

Judging from the interest in Destiny and the fact that there will be a limit on beta testers, and you do not have a beta code either from a preorder, being a User Research Subject or another means.......you should move soon to secure a beta code and activate it at B.net.

• Like 1

Will there be a downloadable beta, or is it exclusive to people who have a code?

I do not have a complete research done yet, but everything I have leans towards having a beta code. I will update here in this thread if I find something additional, but considering the desire of a developer to have serious feed back from a gamer that is committed to a purchase would be understood. 

• Like 1

A word of advice to those partaking in the Beta... Please play the game as NOT intended. Why? Because if you explore every nook and cranny, go the opposite way of your destinations, and try to glitch out of a map, or something along those lines, you can help make the final version of the game better. So lets go bug hunting and help Bungie out!

• Like 3

Will there be a downloadable beta, or is it exclusive to people who have a code?

The beta code received at this time is basically a placeholder for your account to participate so it is exclusive to those with either a beta reservation code or selected User Research Test Subjects.

Destiny Beta Reservation

Platform selection and Beta download code generation will be available in 2014. An email will be sent to your verified email address when beta download codes are available.

As stated at Bungie.net, before the actual beta goes live a download code will be sent to the registered and verified e-mail linked to your B.net account with the code to download the beta on platform of your choice. As Absolute Dog stated and on Bungie.net, beta reservation codes ARE limited in number.

• 4 weeks later...