Sick of split screen lag in match making / BTB lag on Complex

rwtf Leah

6 members have voted

1. 1. Does split screen lag for you on custom maps?

• Yes.
    • No.
  2. 2. Complex lag in BTB/Multi-team?

• Yes for both.
    • Yes, but only for BTB
    • Yes, but only for Multi-team
    • No, neither lags for me.

Just hoping this gets fixed soon, or something helps it. There are two lag issues that have been going on for a while now, and it is getting rather irritating. 

I do not recall Halo 3, or Reach having such a terrible lag when two people were split screened, so why is it in Halo 4? Now I'm not saying it lags on every map, but it does however always lag on custom forge maps. (Shutout, Simplex, Opus, Black Site etc.) Whether it is a guest or not, if two people share a screen, 98% of the time there is a horrible lag. This makes for insanely frustrating play when playing snipers, swat, and even flood; Not to mention having people quit out because it can get to be that bad. I don't know how this issue can be solved, but it has been going on long enough so why ignore a large issue when it comes to match making? Doesn't 343 want people to play their games?

Another issue is trying to play BTB or Multi-team on Complex, because the map has an awful lag. Suggesting to remove the map from both playlists, because there is just too much going on for that map to apparently handle. 

If anyone knows the best ways to fix the lag if it is even possible, please let post it here; I know I am not the only one dealing with this problem.

The "lag" you are experiencing is actually frame rate drops which occurs because of how the maps are not optimized for splitscreen. It was the reason I swore off Infinity Slayer until they made them DLC required, because all that got voted for were Generating Lag Forge Maps.

^ Yes, what he said. Halo 3's engine did not have as advanced Artificial intelligence, audio quality/filters, textures, or Physics as Halo Reach or Halo 4. The number of A.I and vehicles that could be on a map, or on screen at one time, doubled in Halo Reach. But at a compromise... The improved graphics, audio, A.I, Physics, Mechanics, put the game engine as well as the Xbox under a lot more stress and far more wear-and-tear than Halo 3 was capable of. Halo Reach suffers from massive frame rate drops and "Lag" during splitscreen (and in some rare cases, single player) due to the improved engine I mentioned earlier. But the only reason you don't notice it in Halo Reach as much, is because Bungie actually optimized the game to fix the issue. Halo 4, and 343i on the other hand... did not.

^ Yes, what he said. Halo 3's engine did not have as advanced Artificial intelligence, audio quality/filters, textures, or Physics as Halo Reach or Halo 4. The number of A.I and vehicles that could be on a map, or on screen at one time, doubled in Halo Reach. But at a compromise... The improved graphics, audio, A.I, Physics, Mechanics, made the game engine as well as the Xbox under a lot more stress and wear-and-tear than Halo 3. Halo Reach suffers from massive frame rate drops and "Lag" during splitscreen (and in some rare cases, single player) due to the improved engine I mentioned earlier. But the only reason you don't notice it in Halo Reach as much is because Bungie actually optimized the game to fix the issue. Halo 4, and 343i did not.

Well Halo 4 is pushing the 360 to infinity and beyond! No pun intended.

• 3 weeks later...