iPhone 5S for $10K!?

Silent Orbis

Whoaaa.... okay, okay, okay. Guys. Who, knows about the shortage of Gold iPhone 5S's? Anyone? Well, at downtown here in Salt Lake.. we have a street called Regent Street. Now, it isn't small, nor is the crowd. Only two Apple stores are in this city, and that one is more popular, and had a bigger rush. Now... they had only SEVEN gold iPhone 5S's... in ALL shipped to them. SEVEN (7)! And... Apple is doing this on purpose. Of course.

They said they expect "Space Grey" to be the most popular... and why would't it be? Well, majority of iPhone 5S's that were produced WERE Space Grey... so now, that fat-necked Tim Crook (pun intended), can come out and say,"Hah! Well we were right, Space Grey was popular!". Well, duh, because those were pretty much the only ones that anyone had in stock, so those innocent poor loyal Apple fans were desperate enough to convince themselves to buy the Space Gray. Anyhow, now Apple claims to be ramping up production by 33%... Anyway, people are going crazy. Everyone, contrarily to what Tim Cook claims, love the gold color. (And btw, I can just see the next color-black and gold, everyone going crazy for it).

So now, recently  an iPhone 5S, colored gold, sold for $10,000 on eBay!!!! Whoa!!! honestly, all I can say, is that ever since Steve died, Appleis going way evil... Google's getting better. By the time I'm fullly grown up, Apple... will be gone.

It doesn't help that Apple has hordes of die-hard fans willing to pay that much and more for the newest (and slightly improved) tech.

Fan boys and girls alert anyone? seems they are all running over each other to get the almost exact same product they already brought a year ago. :thumbsup:

Apple should partner up with Actvision/Treyarch/Infinity Ward.... They have the same style of business and fan bases and would make A LOTA money together.

I can see it now...

"Buy the new Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 iPhone, and get two zombie themes and avatar awards for your Xbox Live account, Plus a early sneak peak at the all new Call Of Duty: Ghosts 2!"

Apple is pretty money hungry. However, I don't see how them not expecting the gold color to be popular could be construed as anything except improper planning.

I mean think about it. How do they make money off of that? There are only two decisions when you go into an Apple Store that is out of stock for the gold.

You either buy a different color of iPhone 5s,

or

You wait and don't give Apple money until they make more.

The obvious way for them to make money is to ramp up production of the gold iPhone 5s so that they can get more on the shelves, and offer them online. Which they have. 

Also, I'm not surprised someone payed 10k for a gold iPhone 5s. Especially when you consider that someone has payed 3k for one of the X-Box 360's boxes when it released. Not the X-Box, but the box. That the X-Box used to be in, but was no longer in.

Edited by The Director
  • Like 1