The Official Microsoft Store has released a brief overview of the plot for Halo 5, here's what it says:

"Master Chief continues his hero's quest. Halo for Xbox One takes the now-legendary saga to new heights and is one of the most anticipated games for the new console. In possession of a mysterious data chip, Petty Officer John-117, aka Master Chief, confronts a new battery of challenges and tests in a Herculean effort to stay alive in a galaxy where sentient life is mercilessly hunted. Pre-order the next chapter in the wildly popular Halo series designed exclusively for Xbox One."

According to this, that data chip we saw in the trailer isn't Cortana's, as most people thought. What / Whom is that chip containing? Why must Master Chief take these "challenges"? Is sentient life hunted by the Flood?

I would appreciate posting your thoughts :)

Source: http://www.microsoftstore.com/store/msusa/en_US/pdp/Halo-for-Xbox-One/productID.286029500 [it says it's currently anavailable, maybe they released the info by accident?]

Edited by Elite Sniper
  • Like 2

Thank you for posting this topic. Now I am really interested by buying this game!

In my opinion:

-The chip contain maybe a very powerful weapon that he must activate somewhere to completely destroy the existence of the Forerunners.

-Because Masterchief is sent by the UNSC forces to go in the planet where the Forerunners are to destroy the ultimate weapon that the Didact is trying to create.( For me, the Didact wasn't killed in Halo 4)

- I think the Flood will return on Earth to destroy the life of the Human. While Masterchief is on a planet trying to destroy the Forerunners, An ODST team is sent on Earth to defend the planet from the Flood.

This is my answers about the question you posted :)

• Like 2

• 9 months later...