"Red Death" & Fallen Statue at Gamescom

Choot 'em

destiny_banner_zps7187d638.png

While scouring the internet for new information on Destiny, I came across a few articles that just

might be of interest to you Destiny fans. The first is another few pieces of concept art revolving around

an "exotic weapon" that players can find while submersing themselves in the game. It touches on the ability

to "mod and repaint" weapons in-game.

The weapon is described by Bungie Art Lead, Tom Doyle as ... "This is our 'heavy metal' gun."

Tom also describes the weapon as...

“A savage, bandit weapon. It provides a look into the world outside the City. This new frontier is harsh and, at times, cruel,” Tom observes. “This is a weapon that was taken from a fallen Guardian. The new owner had it repainted and modded - the optics were even hacked with new graphics.”

red_death_marquis_zps5901f9b3.jpg

image courtesy of Bungie.net

Concept: Frank Capezzuto and Tom Doyle

3D Model: Matt Lichy

According to DJ at Bungie.net...

"The Red Death isn’t a rifle that will be wielded by everyone. This bloody piece of iron will not be given, it will be found. Exotics are the legendary weapons of yesterday, hand-crafted by our ancestors and left strewn about the system. Scoring one on a mission of utmost importance marks the end of one tale for this implement of destruction, and the beginning of another. Like every element of our game, this weapon of old tells a story about the world that created it."

red_death_concept_WIP_zps6f67a07c.jpg

red_death_POV_zps2d121913.jpg

Please note that all images are "works in progress" and subject to change.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

destiny_at_gamescom_article_zps6a723266.

Destiny at Gamescom

"Making of the Fallen Captain statue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=hGnPeDVihu0 

Many Gamescon attendees will have the opportunity to have their picture taken with this behemoth.

I look forward to more exciting news and updates by Bungie! :thumbsup:

• Like 5

Retro Lancer...

RetroLancer.jpg

The only similarity I see is the bayonet or the fact that it has one lol.

I'm interested in how the "mod and paint" feature will work. I'm assuming there will be a shop to perform these upgrades. :)

Well considering you've run around the map killing people with the Bayonet it would look similar.

• Like 1