War for The Stars V2 thread. RP

BaconShelf

Few Hours later;

"Baby-One to Big mama. Exiting slipspace near the planet of last known signal location"

"Copy that Baby-One, can you get footage up?"

"Yes we can transiting now."

"Receiving, Big mama out."

"Copy that, Baby-One out"

After receiving transmission Jase and his crew watched at the war that had happened. Gazing out at the war strewn battle field Jase recognized a few UNSC and Covenant naval ships.

Baby-Two "My god what happened out here"

Baby-Three"I have no idea I just hope I'm not cought in the cross fire"

"Big Mama this is Baby-One what do you want us to do?"

"Baby-One I want you to stand down and wait to see what happens. Big Mama out"

"Roger that, Baby-One out"

"Baby-two out."

"Baby-three out."

"Baby-four out."

[Are you here or not? Until you decide if you're leaving or staying, don't post.]

"Very well, I hope you heed our warnings about betrayal more than these worms did. What is it you are expecting out of this? As I recall, you rarely do things for... Charity."

Tal' stared out into the strew of debris, his arms crossed, and his smile had faded into an angry shell, but he kept himself peaceful, as he said to the elite in a booming voice, "C'mon, you know I want these humans out of my way, as well. Who's to say they wouldn't come after me? After all, " he paused, smiling wickedly yet again, and looking up at the screen, and continuing his sentence, "I am a wanted terrorist..." as he uncrossed his arms, clutching his left fist, and speaking in a quieter tone, but still a loud, giant-like voice, "Do we have a deal?"

"Fine. Transfer control of your ships to me. I will attack the main fleet here above the planet. You will use the opportunity and distraction to slip in and land your troops. We have identified several large power sources consistent with types seen on UNSC ordnance platforms, destroy them and we will send in the cavalry." He folded his arms and leant back in his throne."I am taking an enormous risk here, you had better fail. To use a famous Sangheili quote, the troops are more scared of the general behind them than the enemy in front. If you fail to destroy those guns, you will feel the wrath of the Talon on your world, we will not stop until we stand over your barren planet. You have been warned."

"NavCOM, this post Gamma-2, receive over."

"Go ahead Gamma-2."

"We're picking up activity within the system. It looks like through traffic."

"Clarify."

"There's signals going to and from the hostile fleet. It's communicating with someone out of system."

"Can you intercept it?"

"Negative."

"Acknowledged Gamma-2, keep us posted. NavCOM out."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Command Bunker, Citadel V.

"Alright everyone, we've been given the signal. Defenses are now at Priority 1. As such, we've began preparing for a ground invasion. The Commander here will brief you all while I attend important business."

"As it stands now there is a hostile fleet on our very doorstep, with more coming to join the party. All forces have been mobilized. The key defensive grid around the Keep is still the mountain ranges here. With the wet navy here, here and the air base here, it would be suicide to launch an invasion attempt there. The most likely point is to the desert here on the equator. We only have one anti-orbital gun covering a very small section. A tiny gap where other guns can't target. That's the most likely area of attack. We've got mine laying operations in place, A wet navy battleship providing fire support and 3 Tank divisions with a Walker division moving up. Airborne are ready on scene."

"Now...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Admiral, report from the ruins!"

"Let's see..........What?!"

"Sir?"

"Get her up here now, prepare a security detail and get me anything on this thing! How could anything like that be working?"

"Yes sir!"

Tal' wasn't taking any chances, he immediately turned to the Huragok controlling the ship, and yelling, "Transfer controls to the Talons! This is where it begins! Battlegroup Torus, get your crew into the atmosphere, Battlegroups Shelo and Rorak, wait for my mark!" as Tal' waited to see what the Elite would do with his ships, he ordered yet another cruiser to enter the battle, as the cruiser lied in wait, out of the range of both sides cannons.

"All ships on my command, target the nearest battlecluster. Prowlers will go from behind and hit the engines as to cause reactor breakdowns. My Carrier will lead the attack, form a defensive cluster around us and we can protect you, as soon as you can, deploy boarding craft and get close to the ships, I doubt they are stupid enough to risk destroying their own frigates."

The Carrier's energy projector began to charge, plasma holding up under the cannon.

"Fire in my mark... Mark!"

A purple energy beam sliced through space, cleaving through two smaller ships. The fleet began to move in, exchanging fire and dogfighters. The goal was simple; get close to the fleet, they would not dare fire on their own men!

"Hostile forces, closing."

"Sir, several Destroyers reporting major damage."

"Have the guns target the Carriers, any vessel that's crippled will Ram and SD."

"Taskmaster reports something in atmosphere."

"Go on."

"Displacement. Showing up as a void on sensors."

"Have Invaluable target and engage."

"Moving, Sir fleet is still closing. Lines have merged."

"Sir! Ground guns primed and ready! Requesting firing solution."

"Target the carrier at Supreme's position."

"Firing...hit, target is drifting."

"Hit the bow and fire again."

"Firing...hit!"

"Sir, grid is holding, but we still have contacts preparing to breach."

"Fleet's taking losses, but the guns are keeping them back."

"Wel...is this the time marine?!"

"Package is here sir."

"Agent! Nice toy you have there, I hope it's loyal. Comms, Broadcast a message to all enemy ships. Tell them the ruins are prepared to detonate on command and Nuclear payloads are standing by. They have one minute to retreat or the ruins will be Destroyed."

"Emperor is being swarmed by bombers sir."

"Divert fighters and give me a countdown. Inform all ships, load Nuclear shells and prepare to fire on my command."

The Carrier had tool one to the midsection, that stung.

"Shields charging, 35%"

"I need a report on Tal's invasion! We cannot hold then forever! "

"Unresponsive, we are being jammed or ignored. Signal is too weak."

Double-crossing slime.

"Transmission inbound."

A few seconds later, Zhak stood up and drew his blade.

"We would rather those ruins be blasted to rubble than you slime get your hands on one unit of that data. If you flick that switch, we will unleash the full might of our fleets upon you. You are but one world, we are if many and have an infinitely larger army. Lieutenant, charge the Gravity Cannon."

"Aye sir."

The tables are turned, even now, reinforcements are on the way. You cannot defend forever." He cut off the transmission.

"Acquire a lock on their flagship, disentegrate it!"

"Send him the recording of this...robot. Attach audio."

"Recording."

"As you can see, those ruins aren't empty. Will you be the one to kill what you're trying to protect? Let your fleet burn and your men die? Let the galaxy lose the protectors of these ruins? Let it be populated by those who would destroy them for sport? Remember, when you fire, it will be you who killed this machine...this relic."

"32 Seconds remaining."

"Broadcast."

Tal' prepared his Phantom, as he held on to the sides, along with his Silver SpecOps squad, the doors of the ship closed as the Phantom detached itself from the cranes holding it in the hanger, and exited, behind it, several seraphs, and many banshees, guarding the ship, as it approached the atmosphere, Tal' put his alien radio near his face, saying, "Battlegroup Torus, how is the distraction going?" as the radio answered with interference, "We are moving in Holy One, we should be able to keep their ships busy." the confident Jackal said, as the audio cut off, the Tal's guardians separated off to help the Battlegroup, as the Phantom landed near the ruins of the forerunner architecture. He ordered one of his guards to block aerial view of the ruins by the elite's ships, as he spoke again into his radio, to the elite he was helping, saying, "They have destroyed the great ruins, it is already too late, but we can avenge the great Forerunners, by not stopping here, friend." as he cut off his radio transmission, ordering a SpecOps elite to shoot the detonator, as Tal' rushed to the phantom, escaping just in time, as the ruins exploded. Tal' transmitted back to the elite, as he continued, "Look for yourself, what the pitiful humans have done."

"CONTACTS....we've got contacts!"

"Report!"

"Hostiles at the ruins, some rushed inside!"

"Command, this is guardian angel, we have overwatch."

"Drone's got a vid now."

"Requesting fire support!"

"Guardian angel, engage."

""2.23KM, wind 15K SW...Fire."

"Good eye."

"Ground teams, secure the bodies of fallen hostiles."

"Confirmed, two secure."

"I'm picking up movement...hostiles emerged from the ruins."

"They're retreating, we need an interceptor!"

"En route."

"Argh! crap....fallback, fallback!"

"Reporting, blast at the site. Explosives have been detonated."

"Jesus...send the report to the Admiral, tell him the enemy has destroyed the ruins."

"This is High Councilor Roh 'Vacoree. My fleet Dark Honour  is entering the area, 3 kilos out. Zhak, nice to see you again. My hiatus was... necessary. Can I aid in this conflict or should I just sit back and let you handle things?"

((I would post more, but I don't have much to work with.))

((If you don't mind, I would like to make Roh Kjal's second in command. Technically equal with Zhak, but Kjal trusts Roh more. And I guess Councilor would be a special rank awarded to the MOST trusted of Kjal, hence Roh.))

[Ah, okay.]

"Right. I'll destroy the power sources. That should be easy enough. I'll prepare my ground forces. The Humans will see hell like never before." Roh laughed maniacally. This wasn't going to be fun working with Tal, but he had to. Even though Zhak was Roh's equal, they could order each other around for the good of Sanghelios. And Zhak had control of this operation right now, so Roh couldn't really say anything. He tapped the energy sword on his hip, wondering how many he would kill today. He retrieved a Carbine from his quarters and sheathed it on is back. Finally, Roh got his hybrid armor ability: Extreme Flight/Invisibility. So he could basically fly or go invisible.

Roh talked into the microphone at the bridge. "We are to destroy power sources on the planet. We will work with Tal' on this. I want to bring 2 heavy elites, a team of Zealots, and a team of SpecOps. That should be enough." The forces he mentioned were already lined up in the hangar.  One phantom and a dummy phantom were to be used. The dummy was to be protection. The other one was to carry him and his 12 troops. This was going to be a hell of a time.

The two phantoms separated, while the dummy flew down to get destroyed, Roh's phantom secretly entered the atmosphere. The planet was interesting, but Roh didn't have time to sightsee. He had landed 2.5 kilos away from where Tal was, so he was away from the fighting.

"Zhak, we've landed. I'll get this done." he said to his radio. Then to his team, he said, "LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Edited by HaloGeek

"Talon 1-1, You are cleared to land. Nice work out there. should net us a nice payday. Out."

Jozef banked his "Berkut" Fighter, lining up with the runway. He eased beck on the throttle, beginning his descent.

He'd just returned from an "Asset limitation" Sortie. In layman's terms, he was sent out with his squadron to down as many Insurrectionist Fighters as possible, to weaken their air power. Say what you will about the UNSC, they weren't shy about using those Tax dollars to their advantage.

Walking across the tarmac, Jozef headed into the Officers Club, and took his usual booth in the back, listening in to other conversations.

"You heard what the Commander said. we'll be opening for business soon. Any contracts are fair game, 'long as they pay."

"How's the UNSC gonna handle that?"

"Who cares? They know we're neutral, so does anyone else out there. It's only business."

"I heard they started an Ad campaign too. tryin' to drum up some clients"

"Yup. Interstellar radio ads. Pretty cheesy ones too."

"Jesus..."

Jozef sipped from his drink, his third drink, to be exact.

"Guess I'll be getting pretty busy soon."

"Captain, what should we do?" Lieutenant Ash asked. should we warn them about the sneak attack? "Negative...we'll have to abort the mission then...and besides, all of our other drones are back in the shop. If they spot this drone well have to detonate it...and i dont want to waste another nukeliar device." "But they wont detect the drone...or the signal...the drone is the size of a baseball...with the equipment they have they will just think its just another rock from that astroid belt, our technology is way more advanced then theirs is"..."NO! i will not risk this mission, we are here to observe the United Colonial Republic! Not warn them of an attack they should have detected and PISS OFF THE ALIEN ********! Now...am I clear or not...(a few seconds later)..."Yes ma'am". "Good." Get me an asprin...I think this fight is gonna get even more ugly...

[sorry...]

"Vasili, make your way to my office immediately." The intercomm roared, snapping Jozef out of his drunken nap.

"Ugh.... Wha?" He said, lifting his head off of his desk. "Musta blacked out..."

He rubbed his eyes and shoved against the desk to boost himself to his feet. He made his way out the door of his office, and down the hall to Central Ops, drawing salutes, and looks of both admiration and jealousy from his lesser comrades.

It was something he'd grown used to. Most of the old hands new he'd earned his place long ago, but the newbies saw him as nothing more than a drunk.

He barged into the Ops center, then into the Commander's office.

"Scotch, two Ice cubes." He said, flopping down in one of the leather arm chairs.

"Well, nice to see you too..." Commander Haskell said, reaching under his desk to retrieve the drink.

"Pleasantries are don't survive the Hangovers. I need some hair of the dog, ya'know?"

"Not drinking works too." Lieutenant MacMillan chuckled.

"Not nearly as fun, Kiddo." Jozef said, snatching the glass from Haskell.

Three of the Five founders now sat in this office. Commander Scott Haskell, the C.E.O., and Head Honcho. Lieutenant Tyler "Ty" MacMillan, Leader of Bladerunner Brigade, and of course, Vasili, who brought most of the veteran Pilots with him from the UNSC. The other two; Jones and Cantonelli, weren't on base currently.

"So what's up Big Boss? You usually don't call me and Stick Stickly over here in at the same time unless it's something big." Jozef said, once again teasing MacMillan.

"Maria's meeting with a few of the Stockholders on Earth." Haskell said, noting the look of disgust on both his Compatriot's faces. "They want to see their investments pay off. That means big picture. We need a big one, and soon. I'm calling Derek back from his current contract, and we're going to nail us a nice fat payday."

"Money grubbing ********...." Jozef snarled, taking a long sip of Scotch. "They've got plenty of cash to spare..."

"Rich people like to be richer than other rich people..." Ty shrugged. "But we have to play along. they pull their funding, we can't pay our troops. and it's back to the small time for us."

"And none of us want that." Haskell concluded. "Get your teams ready for work, soon. Dismissed."

Jozef and Ty hopped up and left, Jozef taking his Scotch with him.

"Well, go tell your sociopaths they get to kill more people, Twiggy. I'll make sure my fine warriors are there to do all the real work." Jozef said, stumbling down the hall.

"****...." Ty muttered, marching off in the other direction.

Back in his office, Haskell was readying his radio.

"This is Commander Scott Haskell, broadcasting on all Deep-space frequencies. I represent The Haskell Private Contractor's Bureau. We've recently become available for Hire. Contact me on Frequency 141.38 to inquire about our services. Out."

He sat back at his desk, and looked up at the ceiling.

"Time like this, I wish I'da stuck with the UNSC.... Less people tryin' to shake your hand and pick your pocket at the same time..."