The following maps come from the Forge Hub's Dust Off tournament. The following comments and maps have been brought here to showcase to the Halo community.

main-banner-02-615x74.png

"Sixty-seven maps were submitted to the Dust-Up Forge Tournament. The staff, old and new, have gone through these submissions in search of the best. Since the recent change in ownership we’ve acquired quite a few new staff members, some of which happened to submit superb-quality maps that were already in the running for the Dust-Up contest under previous management. We figured it was best to give no priority to non-staff members and instead focus on what maps we felt were the best. Both administrations played many games on these creations submitted to the contest, narrowing down the massive list one by one until we had a list of the best in our opinions. After numerous games and what must have been hours of debate over what to include,we are please to present you Forgehub’s first official Map Pack of Halo 4, a collection of the 6 best maps submitted to us through the Dust-up Tournament."  Ovr - Forge Hub Owner

The Dust Off Map Pack

2v2 Competitive Maps

<<<<<o>>>>>

jadebannercopy.jpg

2v2 Competitive Slayer and Oddball

Supports 2 to 6 Players

Map Variant Download

Game Variant Download

Jade-700x393.jpg

Here we have Jade, by our very own Audi! Jade is a beautiful asymm hanging in the cliffs of Ravine. The map features great sight lines that offer a dynamic of engagements and scenarios. Map flow is intuitive and the layout is diverse and clean. Jade will have you fighting for power positions and risking your neck for weapons. This is a great competitive map that will bring you to the edge of your seat. - Forge Hub

<<<<<o>>>>>

Traverse

Forger : Hushed Behemoth

2v2 Competitive Slayer

Map Variant Download

Traverse-700x393.jpg

Traverse was designed to be a contender in the Dust-Up map tournament. This small asymmetrical design promotes teamwork, movement, and balances every position in some way. In every place, you can be flanked or initiate a flank on your foes. You are never safe on Traverse. Both old and new staff agreed that this was to be included among the winners of the Dust-Up map selection, and so it was a clear choice when we were compiling this list. - Forge Hub

<<<<<o>>>>>

Serum

Forger : Noooooch

2v2/4v4 Competitive Slayer - Oddball - KotH

Map Variant Download

Serum-700x393.jpg

With 3 major updates since it’s late January release, Serum has been one of the most frequently updated maps I’ve seen in Halo 4. Noooooch has shown great attention to detail, and has addressed any issues as they’ve become apparent, even going as far as moving the entire map from Erosion to Ravine to remedy some framerate issues. The map features some great asymmetrical room based gameplay and beautiful use of power weapons to promote movement around this arena. - Forge Hub

<<<<<o>>>>>

Gristle

Forger : PA1NTS

2v2/3v3  Slayer, CTF. KotH, Regicide

Map Variant Download

Gristle-700x393.jpg

Another symmetrical map, PA1NTS has made a well balanced arena where green and gold sections must be controlled. The fight for these areas become intense, and more than once I found myself looking around not as a player, but as a forger, trying to glean some ideas from Gristle. Despite this map being submitted to a 2v2 slayer tournament for maps, it also plays a strong game of capture the flag, and some of the possible routes change based on that gametype to make the map more suitable. Definitely a good and diverse map to put in your game nights if you have three friends hanging around. - Forge Hub

<<<<<o>>>>

Elegy of Entrapment

Forger : Auburn

1v1/2v2 Slayer

Map Variant Download

Elegy-700x393.jpg

Auburn has always had a knack for aesthetics and functional design from what I can remember about him, though I also know he’s nearly as bad as I am about keeping his designs going. The fact that he finished a map at all had me interested immediately, and I was not left disappointed. It’s a simple little symmetrical design, but it forces movement through the power weapon and overshield locations, and encounters quickly become deadly in this teamwork-focused map.-  Forge Hub

<<<<<o>>>>>

8588387258_d3a3fb2411.jpg

Forger : Elliot

1v1/3v3 Slayer

Map Variant Download

8587237030_b983aa93e9_z.jpg

Citrus was, according to myself and a few of the previous staff, a given choice for the tournament. The map had few issues in our initial testing, and it played brilliantly. The map is as pretty as it is well balanced. For example, as powerful as the sniper rifle is here, the spawn location for it is the most dangerous spot to be. With or without the deadly weapon from its resting place on the grass pit, Citrus has you watching your back constantly. Your foes always have the opportunity approach from a flanking route, or they try for some long distance fighting. I’ve played numerous games on Citrus, and enjoyed each one. This is without a single doubt in my mind, one of the greatest successes in this competition. - Forge Hub

<<<<<o>>>>>