Average Kill Death Ratio In Halo 4 Unusually High! Check This Out

BenevolentImperator

http://halocharts.com/2013/index.php

I found this website and based on 766 gamertags entered, the average KD was 1.61. That is very high! I do notice more people tend to have higher kill death ratios in BTB. My KD right now is only at 

Still, maybe only dedicated Hardcore players are registering on this site. I would say about 40-45% of Active players have 500 more kills than deaths or less which I would consider a bad KD. Basically, anyone with a KD less than 1.1 is considered bad in my opinion and 40-45% of active players have a KD less than 1.1. 

Would you people agree with me that about 40-45% of active players have a KD less than 1.1? Or do you think more people would have less than 1.1 KD?

Well that assumes that K/D is any kind of measurement of skill, which ignores quite literally every game mode in the game except from one and even then disregards players who prefer to support a team with weapons like Plasma Pistols  and Frag Grenades rather than going for kills themselves. I've seen players with K/Ds of more than 4 who were absolutely terrible because all they did was spend the whole game camping and trying to get kills rather than going for objectives.

More importantly, a K/D of 1 is average, simple as that. Basic laws of mathematics insist that it's always easier to be going toward a K/D of one than it is to be going away from it.

And more importantly, there are something like two million players who've been involved in War Games at some point, discounting Guests and duplicate accounts. Are you seriously suggesting a random xsample of less than a thousand on a self-styled hardcore closed community is representative of Halo players as a whole?

• Like 2

K/D spread is VERY dependant on gametype as well as how the game is played.  For instance most of the time when i play king of the hill i usually come in the top 2 for time in the hill but my K/D spread is pretty bad.  As Redstarrocket said if you play for the team that doesnt always translate to a good spread.

In BTB i enjoy driving warthogs and depending on the gunner i can get a lot of assists but very few kills.  Does that make me a bad player?

• Like 1

Well I think KD does represent your skill, most of it anyway because it can be easy to get kills in vehicles. This is probably why when you play BTB, you won't see bad KD's less than 1.1 so often since a lot of people who play BTB mostly play BTB. 

Still, I hope that at least 40-45% of active players have 500 more kills than deaths or less, I would consider that bad and if this was true it would make me feel better for having a 1.1 KD ratio.

I have logged about 270 hours on Halo 4 now, I think I will play it for 270 more hours until I move over to PC gaming and the console exclusives not on PC on Xbox one and PS4. I am hoping to get my KD up to 1.6 or 1.7. 

And more importantly, there are something like two million players who've been involved in War Games at some point, discounting Guests and duplicate accounts. Are you seriously suggesting a random xsample of less than a thousand on a self-styled hardcore closed community is representative of Halo players as a whole?

^slam dunk^

Personally I see alot of bad ratios in BTB but ever now and then I'd see a few guys with 2.0+ (I'm currently standing strong with a ratio of 2.4) but in Halo 4's BTB you have no need to fear of one or two pro killers, weapons and teamwork can easily overcome them. Ratios don't really determine ones skill. I play 2v2 with good friends that have 2.0+ and still get beat by some scruby kids with 1.2 or lower. Teamwork, map placement, angles, powerweapons can easily throw a monkeywrench in any badass's game plan.

Now back in H2 and H3 when you would be matched up with people of the same rank/skill it was alot harder to keep a really good ratio. As of late the "class warfare" has dissolved, and everyone is facing everyone.

So to answer your question BenevolentImperator, NO! I think the average ratio is alot lower than 1.6.

"Fear neither pain, nor respwan. For Sovngarde awaits those who die with weapons in their hands, and courage in their hearts." ~ Ulfric Stormcloak

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Also it is worth noting that having 500 more kills than deaths being good depends on the numbers involved

eg.  if you have 1000 kills and 500 deaths thats a 2.0 spread, however if you have 100000 kills and 99500 deaths thats only 1.005