Halo 4 tournament registration

EvanBullock

So I went to register my account for the new tournament for halo 4. It then said it sent an email to verify it. This is where i found that my email address (yahoo) was deactivated a long time ago. Since I haven't used it for so long, yahoo support explained. So the email address attached to my gamertag does not exist. As they explained. Now since i was still able to log into my account on my console, i was able to attach my gamertag to a new email address. i did so, they tried to register again. This time it said that this gamertag is already registered. But im not, unless i don't know about it.  So i tried finding a way to contact 343 and explain my situation. this is the best i can do i guess. any suggestions?

As far as I know you shouldn't have been able to attach your gamertag to anything other than a Microsoft e-mail account in the first place, so if you did somehow connect it to a Yahoo! account, that's probably the root of the problem. Alternatively it could just be that all you had to do was register your gamertag and the email that was sent out was merely a confirmation email, so you're already registered anyway.