Spartan Ops season 2

yodanick1098

Many of us who played the Spartan Ops on Halo 4 loved the Halo Infinity 1st season, I know I did. I loved watching and playing the missions of Halo Infinity and the Crimson team. So since a lot of liked Season 1, we are looking forward to Season 2. We already know that the "good" Dr. Halsey was kidnapped by the alien named The Dictacts Hand, and we knos that Dr.Halsey wants revenge on the UNSC. But what about what we don't know? I myself don't know alot of news about the possible upcoming of Halo 4 Spartan Ops Infinity Season 2. So my question to the Halo fans is: What do you know about Seaaon 2? Will there be one? And just share any other general information about Season 2. Tell me and the other viewers on this topic about what YOU think what will happen in Season 2 and share your opinions. So, what do you people think?

• Like 2

A couple of months ago 343i announced there were no plans for a second season of Spartan Ops. Based on the end of the first season, I don't think a second will arise, as it sets up perfectly for Halo 5. With Requiem gone, it would be hard to make a second season. 

However, 343i also didn't plan on making more map packs and other things, so, there is a possibility of a second season, however, I believe that if there is one, the events wouldn't be as pivotal as the first season. I think the missions would be more random like the first couple in season 1.

Edited by Sikslik7

I do remember them saying "The first season is free, but you will have to purchase the next seasons." I am not sure as to what happened to this, but we'll have to find out or wait for Halo to come out.

• 2 weeks later...

I do remember them saying "The first season is free, but you will have to purchase the next seasons." I am not sure as to what happened to this, but we'll have to find out or wait for Halo to come out.

season 1 eps 1-5 were free to play since you had them. you had to download eps 6-10. not sure if it was free since i have the war games pass

most likely what 343 will do (if anything), they will use the future dlc mapacks to make more seasons making em random and probably easy to beat

now they are considering doing Spartan Ops Season 2, and making more DLC

view the post here: http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/29544-not-happy-with-halo/?do=findComment&comment=269369

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'd love to see a season 2 as well, but I think I'd rather them get it on Halo 5.

New hardware would mean the possibility of greater scale in battles after all. The main thing I thought was missing from H4 were massive battles where the spartans (Chief too!) act as force multipliers and fight alongside entire platoons of marines and tanks.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure. Although I really enjoyed Spartan Ops Season 1, as did many others. So why not make Season 2 and Season 3? I don't understand.. they don't continue things many people like and they make new things that people hate, but they continue to do it.

Spartan Ops was not well received at all. Not only that but it was much more difficult to make then they planned. 

• Like 1

I kind of enjoyed Spartan Ops but lots of people say it was the cause of Halo 4 having a low population. I can assure you it won't return. It is possible to see the storyline continued though. I think Firefight will come and take its place. Lots of people theorize that Elite Ops or Brute Ops will come. That would be interesting but so far it looks like Spartan Ops will not continue.

• 4 weeks later...

I heard a rumour that the Spartan ops production has been handed over to machinima.

Also another rumour, Spartan ops is scheduled to come out near halo 5's (if there is another) release and a 10-20 episode season with 10-30 min long episodes weekly that explain more about the origins of halo and the construction and the actual mission of infinity and the halo rings.

These are rumours though but I doubt they are true as its a lot of effort to make 30 minute animations.

I heard a rumour that the Spartan ops production has been handed over to machinima.

Also another rumour, Spartan ops is scheduled to come out near halo 5's (if there is another) release and a 10-20 episode season with 10-30 min long episodes weekly that explain more about the origins of halo and the construction and the actual mission of infinity and the halo rings.

These are rumours though but I doubt they are true as its a lot of effort to make 30 minute animations.

Yes, they are unlikely to be true. I doubt we will see anymore Spartan Ops in Halo 4. There is no reason for it to come back and especially if Machinima are going to be dealing with it. Firefight is a more demanded feature. 343 are spending all the time they have left on the next big Halo game, so far known as Halo Xbox One. That would be nice to see long animations though. I liked Spartan Ops for the storyline.

I Think they should continue spartan ops cause I found out from my local GameStop and other sources that any game you downloaded from Xbox 360 games on demand will be able to be transferred over to the Xbox one so why not continue it cause I downloaded my halo 4 on games on demand and I will be able to play it on the Xbox one so I'm set but they are still working on getting it to be able to transfer from your 360 to the Xbox one and I wasn't a big fan of firefight don't get me wrong its fun but I like stuff that actually have a story behind it so I think they will come out with the second season

I Think they should continue spartan ops cause I found out from my local GameStop and other sources that any game you downloaded from Xbox 360 games on demand will be able to be transferred over to the Xbox one so why not continue it cause I downloaded my halo 4 on games on demand and I will be able to play it on the Xbox one so I'm set but they are still working on getting it to be able to transfer from your 360 to the Xbox one and I wasn't a big fan of firefight don't get me wrong its fun but I like stuff that actually have a story behind it so I think they will come out with the second season

You do know that any Xbox 360 game cannot be played on the Xbox One because the X1's firmware/software does not support any 360 game. Not even downloadable games so you're out of luck.

Also 343i has already confirmed there will be no second season of Spartan Ops.

You do know that any Xbox 360 game cannot be played on the Xbox One because the X1's firmware/software does not support any 360 game. Not even downloadable games so you're out of luck.

Also 343i has already confirmed there will be no second season of Spartan Ops.

My point exactly, well for Halo 4. It's possible to continue in the next Halo games but in a different way. They might use the comics to continue the story line, but through different people and at a different time. I ordered the first issue of Halo Escalation earlier on today and can't wait to read it. :)

Okay so what i don't get is why they can't have both firefight and spartan ops, work on firefight first so it is ready for the launch of halo 5, and then work on one chapter/episode, after each chapter/episode there will be 1 or 2 new firefight maps.

It might not be possible with the time they have left. It would be much easier to have one of them. They could use the more requested one (firefight), or combine them together to make it firefight but with cutscenes and a bit of storyline. This would be different to Spartan Ops because the gameplay would be exactly how firefight was in Halo Reach/Halo 3 ODST. They could change it slightly but it would seem weird to have a section for Spartan Ops and a section for firefight. They can either go for one, or combine both. It would be unusual to see both in their own section.

• 2 weeks later...

I honestly thought Spartan Ops was seriously lacking in comparison to Firefight... You're basically just playing short snippets of campaign missions over and over again w/ really crappy cut-scenes. I wasn't a fan.

I honestly thought Spartan Ops was seriously lacking in comparison to Firefight... You're basically just playing short snippets of campaign missions over and over again w/ really crappy cut-scenes. I wasn't a fan.

No language like that. I personally liked the scenes because they looked good in my opinion and also expanded on the storyline.