Noobs think they're good nowadays.

T O lR T A

Noobs  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Should aim assist and hit boxes be reduced?

Alot of people I encounter on websites, customs or on matchmaking think they are soooo good apparently. I don't know what triggers this encounter in Halo 4 because in Reach it wasn't so many. Their would be the occasional person that would be decent but not even good. Now in Halo 4 people try soo hard and think they're good.

Well I'm sure it is the massive aim assist in Halo 4 because people could shoot the torso or beside the head and end up with a headshot. That didn't happen so often in past other halo games where wherever you had your reticle is where the bullet is going to go. But with the massive hitbox's and magnetism in this game even nobody's could out br/dmr a decent player. Then they go ahead and brag about it and say they did this on who.

it just irritated me and wanted to know if anybody had these encounters. I don't think it is healthy and that aim assist and the hit box's need need to be reduced ASAP. But of course I'm sure people will argue that it is good to help the people just starting but the fact is that you're not going to get better with fake aim.

I agree that there is way more douchbags now a-days, and that the Aim assist and bullet magnetism needs to be toned down, but remember Halo 3 and Halo CE are the only Halo games we have ever had that had practically no Aim assist/bullet magnetism...

• Like 1

Didn't know about the Halo 2 thing where it got magnetism started lol. I feel that when every new halo game comes out they seem to say that the previous one was superior. People use to criticize Reach all the time and say it was the downfall of Halo and when Halo 4 came out the started to praise Halo: Reach. Guarantee when Halo 5 comes out people are gonna look back and say Halo 4 was better. People don't like change. But something (possibly the only) thing I dislike in halo 4 is the aim assist and magnetism. Halo players are blinded that the past halo games have had mistakes and it started new things.

• Like 1

it's not that noobs think there good. It's that the skill gap is pretty much gone and the randomness has given everyone the oppertunity to kill each other like any other point and shoot shooter.

Exactly.

The point of adding randomness into a game is to decrease the skill gap. If we think of 'randomness' in a very broad form, we know that what it does is randomly make good players do a little bit worse at times, or a little better, and randomly make bad players do a little bit better at times and absolute trash other times. 

But when this 'spectrum' increases, the skill gap decreases, with good players doing bad because of stupid random things, and bad players doing good because of stupid random things. Now, there is less of a point in having skill. Oh, have great BR skill? It doesn't matter anymore because this guy is gonna get an ordnance with an Incineration Cannon and no matter how much better you are than him he's still gonna get a better gun, just because this game is random.

Its not a matter of aim assist and hitboxes because those are always the same. Its things like bullet magnetism, and ordnance, and loadouts, and a darned many other things that reduces the skill gap and make bad players think they are way better than they actually would perform in a balanced game.

• Like 2

I really, really don't like using the word 'noobs' to describe players of low skill. There's nothing wrong with being new to a game, the Halo fandom's obsessive hatred towards anyone who hasn't been playing since the second bloody instalment is a big part of why we're getting so few new players these days. It's entirely possible to have played two matches and be really good. It's also possible to, like me, have played something like four thousand games and still be terrible. Provided someone isn't being arrogant and abusive, who cares who long they've been playing the game?

As for aim assist: it doesn't feel nearly so bad since the title update, at least with the automatics, though I agree it was far too high before. I'd like to see it reduced a tad more on the more powerful weapons (Battle Rifle and DMR) though it's pretty good where it is on the other loadout weapons, and it could only improve things if it were completely stripped from the sniper weapons. But other than that, it doesn't really bother me too much.

• Like 2

I really, really don't like using the word 'noobs' to describe players of low skill. There's nothing wrong with being new to a game, the Halo fandom's obsessive hatred towards anyone who hasn't been playing since the second bloody instalment is a big part of why we're getting so few new players these days. It's entirely possible to have played two matches and be really good. It's also possible to, like me, have played something like four thousand games and still be terrible. Provided someone isn't being arrogant and abusive, who cares who long they've been playing the game?

Newb = New to a game.

Noob = Pretentious prick who is bad at the game, wont admit it, are arrogant and ignorant, dont 'want to be taught to get better'.

That's why the title is 'Noobs'. A new player who isn't good at the game, isn't a noob.

• Like 3

If your a machinimator, youd like noobs, they are loyal if anything else...

what i see them as, for machinima, is to be target practice or a 'designated kill' for certain scenes

Noob = Pretentious prick who is bad at the game, wont admit it, are arrogant and ignorant, dont 'want to be taught to get better'.

exactly, why waste time training those who dont want to learn. let them learn the hard way (if they can get a kill)

Exactly what TornandoFlame said. 343 completely smeared the skill gap and made it easier for the newcomers. I remember in halo 3 where if you didn't know what to do, more than likely it would've been an awful match for you. Not like halo 4 where you just hop right in and get going

• Like 1

Exactly what TornandoFlame said. 343 completely smeared the skill gap and made it easier for the newcomers. I remember in halo 3 where if you didn't know what to do, more than likely it would've been an awful match for you. Not like halo 4 where you just hop right in and get going

halo 3 was a game were to keep up you had to get better playing more got you better. halo 4 more towards cod where luck plays a major factor in fights so great a factor the game is declining.

halo 3 was a game were to keep up you had to get better playing more got you better. halo 4 more towards cod where luck plays a major factor in fights so great a factor the game is declining.

think about the future. when (if) halo 5 comes out, what things would (could) they do better? the reason why halo is such a good game, is the fact that it's essentially you who decides the fate of yourself and your allies, and that you control how each mission flows, so in truth, yea halo 4 was not as decent as halo 2 or 3, but honestly, think about all the series achivements. It was the first game to have a midnight launch, even in 2013, the game is still within the top 50 grossing games of all time, and mountan dew supports them, MOUNTAN DEW! not even grand theft auto or call of duty has that much culltural impact, even to this day! multitudes of people are to dissagre, but i belive that even though halo 4 is a quote-on-quote "COD in space", people still support it and 343 will most likely fix all that was wrong with halo 4 and bring the greatest video game series of all time back to it's former "100 %" glory.

think about the future. when (if) halo 5 comes out, what things would (could) they do better? the reason why halo is such a good game, is the fact that it's essentially you who decides the fate of yourself and your allies, and that you control how each mission flows, so in truth, yea halo 4 was not as decent as halo 2 or 3, but honestly, think about all the series achivements. It was the first game to have a midnight launch, even in 2013, the game is still within the top 50 grossing games of all time, and mountan dew supports them, MOUNTAN DEW! not even grand theft auto or call of duty has that much culltural impact, even to this day! multitudes of people are to dissagre, but i belive that even though halo 4 is a quote-on-quote "COD in space", people still support it and 343 will most likely fix all that was wrong with halo 4 and bring the greatest video game series of all time back to it's former "100 %" glory.

you understand people only bough halo 4 because the name halo. Why do you think this game had a massive dip in online population in the first 2 weeks. Had this game not had a triple AAA name it would not have sold. 8months into the launch of halo 4 and it struggles to have 20k people at all times of the day.... 20k......  people not going to be so stupid for halo 5 i know i wont be and most people are now completely turned off the halo series cause of this. I don't think 343 can recover but  if they can somehow mix in what made halo 3 good while adding new content they might have a shot, but i'd rather just play halo 3 with updated graphics like any company would do not change it so much you lose all your fans.

halo reach was the reason i bough cod and now halo 4 was the reason i will continue to do so sadly. I do feel  COD in space is like halo thats how i felt the first 5 months of playing.