sr0w.jpg

Gamertag: KarmaPolice07

Map: Reckoner

Gametypes: Slayer up to 4v4, FFA up to 8, CTF, King of the Hill, Oddball

Reckoner is an Impact map for 8 players with a focus on 4v4 Slayer and objective gametypes. The map is comprised of 5 color coded sections: Red and Blue bases at the ends, Green and Gold to either side, and the center which mostly uncolored but accented with Purple. There are multiple routes that can be taken to cross the map. The open center of the map allows for a quick but dangerous trek between the bases while the Green and Gold edges of the map are longer but more secure with several opportunities to alter one's approach. Floating in the center of the map is a small room only accessible by man cannons located in the Green and Gold sections, halfway between the bases.

This map has been play tested; further testing may be required.

Below is a brief history of the creation of this map. Read if you are interested, or skip it if you don't care.

Creating this map was quite the journey! Inspired by the smaller maps of the Majestic Map Pack, I set out to create a small competitive map around early March.

When I forge, I try to find locations and ways of forging that I feel others haven't considered. In this case, I decided to build my map as an extension of the roof of the built-in building on Impact. This was a challenge, as that building is actually rotated 11 degrees off the imaginary grid (the axes on which all forge pieces align). That means that every object I placed on this map is positioned relative to that twist (ex: pieces rotated 45 degrees are actually rotated 34 or 56 degrees). It made for a fun and challenging build! It went through several variations in size, but the Blue Team base was always there. I even lost the map once due to an odd glitch where it was somehow replaced by a duplicate of another map of mine that wasn't even on the same Forge canvas! Luckily, it was early enough into construction that I was able to recreate it and continue from there.

I poured my blood, sweat, and tears into this map. It was a challenge and a great learning experience. It is the first map I've made in Halo 4 that I am truly proud of.

Screenshots:

mcmg.jpg

sr0w.jpg

z6tp.jpg

43xi.jpg

ajic.jpg

9amh.jpg

u04o.jpg

pv7g.jpg

bp38.jpg

i9d1.jpg

qwtd.jpg