Wow you broke multiplayer

DaveGoose

I loved Halo 4 when it came out. the multiplayer was amazing!

I took a break for a couple months and I recently came back.....what the hell happened? seriously. The game is an absolute mess now. I have never seen weapon balance issues in a shooter like this before, and I have been playing online shooters for over 10 years. The Battle rifle and DMR are way way overpowered. This creates a lot of issues, basically the game is now set up for the hard core who play the game 5 hours a day, which I might ad is the minority. 

I am no noob, but I am also not a pro, I consider myself an average player and I like to play a couple matches a week. But the game as it stands is an unplayable mess. It was never like this with Bungie, 343 PLEASE do something about this. Whoever is "balancing" the game needs to be fired immediately, that's probably hyperbole but come on. This is Halo an important game, not some flavor of the month.

Also who decided to put pro in regular rotations? Everyone hates pro except pro's and there aren't many online.

The BR and DMR are overpowered. The 4-shot kill on the BR ruined matchmaking as I can never get another final shot in with my Carbine. It's far from unplayable and I still enjoy it but the DMR should have just been nerfed.

• Like 1

The BR and DMR are overpowered. The 4-shot kill on the BR ruined matchmaking as I can never get another final shot in with my Carbine. It's far from unplayable and I still enjoy it but the DMR should have just been nerfed.

Thats how I feel, I want the Carbine to be usable, its the weapon I go to. But it is completely outclasses at the moment.

I feel vindicated that other people agree with me!

hey im gonna tell you right now that what really broke multiplayer was promethean vision ya the dmr and br are a bit overpowered its not as bad since the recent nerf but promethean vision is what is ruining multiplayer theres that and bad map layouts and just think of how multiplayer would be if the teleporting armor ability made it into the game

oh and the fact that they added ordanances makes it overpowering I mean what can you do on big team infinity when half the team has rocket launchers its just ridiculous

Get rocket launchers back?

And I swear I'm the only person who doesn't see anything in P.Visio unless they are standing in front of me. Huh, must be my colour blindness.

I always know when they are using it; it give off a radar signature

No game mechanism ruined multiplayer; Attribute that to all the complainers.

Personally I like the changes. Still not balanced, still boring, but at least better than the start.

The problem here is that 343 added a ton of randomness because they wanted to cater to bad players, but did it wrongly. Now? Well......At least it's a teeny bit more balanced.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I find the multiplayer to be WAY more balanced than at the launch.  Back then it seemed that the DMR/ Boltshot combo won the game for you.  The DMR had crazy range and killed faster than the BR and Carbine.  The Boltshot was a Shotgun with 3x the range.  After the balancing patch, I can easily win most fights with the Carbine at Close- Medium range, do some serious damage with the BR at Medium range, pick off heads at a Long range with the Light Rifle, use the DMR for versatility and wreck shop in Close Quarter areas with any of the Automatics.  The Boltshot is still sitting wrong with me, but I can at least live with it now.  I'm sure I'm not the only one on the forum that feels the patch helped the game.  Am I? :mellow:

-> Proof of the Boltshot being crazy powerful at launch.  Credit goes to Gum Shoe Pro.