Do you think that BUNGiE is focusing too much on Sony?

Destiny is not the first BUNGiE game on Playstation, oh no, the first Playstation game made by BUNGiE was Oni, and BUNGiE West, the creators of Oni, were immediately closed after they released Oni, meaning that BUNGiE games, just weren't meant for the Playstation. Even now, BUNGiE is ignoring their history, and WHAT GOES UP, MUST COME DOWN. This is irritating to write, as BUNGiE Oni and Playstation get underlined in red. So anyways, I think BUNGiE is trying too hard to make fun of Microsoft after the smallest incidents. They have gone too far as being in the Sony booth, and making exclusive content for the Playstation, but the thing is, they aren't hurting Microsoft, they are hurting Microsoft gamers, and they don't acknowledge this at any point of view.

• Like 2

So anyways, I think BUNGiE is trying too hard to make fun of Microsoft after the smallest incidents. They have gone too far as being in the Sony booth, and making exclusive content for the Playstation, but the thing is, they aren't hurting Microsoft, they are hurting Microsoft gamers, and they don't acknowledge this at any point of view.

Bungie even technically insulted the Xbox one by calling it a Xbone... Take a look..

http://www.bungie.net/7_Guys-stop-calling-it-the-amp39Xboneamp39/en-us/Forum/Post?id=60730731

Scroll down untill you see a post made by a Bungie Forum Ninja named

dazarobbo

and read his comment... It's a direct stab at Microsoft.

Bungie may have created Halo, but they lost every ounce of my respect after this. Not because Playstation gets exclusive content, but because not only are they making fun of microsoft, they are hurting their most faithful fans.

I've even scratched out the Bungie Logo on all of my Halo cases. Don't care to discuss it either.

• Like 1

We still have Bungie making Halo, except under a different name, 343i. When Bungie parted from Microsoft most of the employees that worked on Halo stuck around and joined 343i. "Bungie" may seem like Bungie, but the real one is now called 343i.

You must understand, once Destiny is over, they will release a reboot of Marathon, it's been confirmed on many levels, EXCEPT for a primary source. If we can get what is known today as BUNGiE to say that they will indeed reboot Marathon, then fortunately, what you just said is incorrect, but if they plead the fifth amendment of the united states, then what you just said is good as, if not, better than the truth.

I think Bungie's just heartbroken. I mean come on he lost the whole Halo universe when it looked like he was just settling in. I still love Bungie but, if he's going to lose all respect. Then no one will care to even talk about him. This seems personal better back the poop up.  -_- 

You've also gotta remember that Microsoft owned (and controlled) Bungie for a long time until they finally split off to make Reach. 

I'm sure there's some weirdness/bad blood going on between those two companies, so I'm not really surprised that they're leaning more towards the PS4. 

• Like 3

We still have Bungie making Halo, except under a different name, 343i. When Bungie parted from Microsoft most of the employees that worked on Halo stuck around and joined 343i. "Bungie" may seem like Bungie, but the real one is now called 343i.

People tend to exaggerate this a bit.  The number of actual Bungie employees that made the switch to 343 isn't as many as people make it out to be.  We're talking less than 20 people.  

Bungie planned to end Halo at Halo 3. Microsoft was like nuuuuuuu and said 'We'll pay you for more Halo Games' while they themselves started work on Halo 4.

Bungie themselves had wanted to switch their work to Destiny in the first place....

Bungie did plan on Halo 3 being the end, unfortunately for them they signed their initial contract stating they'd create 5 games over the course of 10 years with MS, and MS would bail them out.  Thus, Halo 3: ODST and Reach.

As for the OP, I don't nor can I ever blame Bungie for what they've decided to do.  The only reason they walked away from Halo in the first place is because they wanted to create other games, and MS wasn't going to allow that.  They wanted to create cross-platform games, and if they had signed another contract with MS (which MS tried to have them do, mind you), they wouldn't have been allowed to do that.  We wouldn't be getting Destiny.  People also need to remember, Bungie didn't really ever own the rights to Halo once they were saved from bankruptcy by MS.  At that point, MS took ownership of just about everything.

I think Bungie's just heartbroken. I mean come on he lost the whole Halo universe when it looked like he was just settling in. I still love Bungie but, if he's going to lose all respect. Then no one will care to even talk about him. This seems personal better back the poop up.  -_- 

Bungie wasn't settling in.  They were ready to wash their hands with it.  To them, Reach was the perfect game.  It was everything they had ever wanted to put into a Halo game, they just didn't have the resources to do it before.  

• Like 3

I think they just want to sweeten the deal with Sony Players first, their heart is in the right place but they are leaving us without acknowledgement. Am I going to buy Destiny, hell yes! Is it going to be on the Xbox? Probably not!  But I think the people who are stuck with Xbox should get some bonuses too? Like I can understand if maybe they give PS4 Players armor or currency maybe, but if they give them like free DLC missions, it's gonna leave a lot of disappointed Xbox Players.

• Like 1

What is all of this talk about Bungie "not showing love for Xbox owners"??? When Destiny was first officially announced, Bungie confirmed release on the Xbox 360 and PS3. After E3, they confirmed release on the Xbox One and PS4. The exclusive content for Playstation owners is a business decision to gain Playstation owner support. Bungie hasn't confirmed what this content will be so it could just be character or weapon skins, extra campaign level, or unique Fireteam emblems. Bungie has not pushed Xbox owners aside by doing this.

To answer the OP's question "Do you think Bungie is focusing too much on Sony"??... No I do not. From a business standpoint, I completely agree with their decision to showcase Destiny at E3 on the Playstation platform. I look forward to playing Destiny on both the 360 AND the PS4!! :thumbsup:

• Like 1

The thing here is that people need to understand. Bungie doesn't know you, Bungie doesn't care about you. They want your money that's it. They run their business by doing what they believe will produce the most profit. A real artist most likely would not care about who publishes their work, only that it gets released. It may or may not work out for them, we will have to wait and see to find out.

Also Oni was great, besides the first Halo that's probably their best game.

What is all of this talk about Bungie "not showing love for Xbox owners"??? When Destiny was first officially announced, Bungie confirmed release on the Xbox 360 and PS3. After E3, they confirmed release on the Xbox One and PS4. The exclusive content for Playstation owners is a business decision to gain Playstation owner support. Bungie hasn't confirmed what this content will be so it could just be character or weapon skins, extra campaign level, or unique Fireteam emblems. Bungie has not pushed Xbox owners aside by doing this.

To answer the OP's question "Do you think Bungie is focusing too much on Sony"??... No I do not. From a business standpoint, I completely agree with their decision to showcase Destiny at E3 on the Playstation platform. I look forward to playing Destiny on both the 360 AND the PS4!! :thumbsup:

That's the thing: They delayed the announcement of the Xbox 360 release by maybe a good five hours, and a whole week before the Xbox One release. They are setting us up to get ready for the next BUNGiE game, but whom? As far as I can tell, Sony fans never gave a matter about Xbox games. The don't know what goes on in the background, they are too busy playing PS3! Halo was forced only Xbox simply because BUNGiE was forced to do so by Microsoft. Do Sony fans know this? Maybe. Do Sony Fans care? No. Hardcore Sony fans are going to start thinking why BUNGiE wasn't multi-platform in the first place, and they're gonna start pointing fingers at who to yell at. BUNGiE didn't have any restricting publishers (as far the Sony Fans would know) so why are they starting to dish out games to them? This is just one point of view, I'm gonna hit more, so come back with a Rolling Rock.

Xbox fans (or simply, hardcore BUNGiE fan-boys) Deserve something for their respect for BUNGiE. "I thought that was what Reach was for", NO!! Halo: Reach was just another Xbox title just to show the limits of fun on the Xbox 360. Who knows what we could do with the Xbox One. So why not give us a treat on the Xbox One, BUNGiE? "Halo 5 lololol u idiot :troll:" Exactly. Halo "5" is not made by BUNGiE. We want full on exclusive content that will keep the Xbox fan-base and the BUNGiE community together. It's been like that for over 10 years, so why stop now if it works? Simply, all I wanted to say so far is that some of you are taking this either too far or not far enough (moderately serious is what i was expecting, not feelings of insulting BUNGiE though) so if we can just get BUNGiE to recognize the true fans who made them money for about ten years, to get them to understand this huge error which I commend them for, to just get some damn exclusive content, then we'd be alright.

• Like 1

**Removed quote with inappropriate language**

didn't xbox ceo do the same to xbox fans that didn't have internet connection?

Bungie made there games for microsoft and moved on. i wish destiny was ps4 ps3 only but ehhh. Least they gave us the best arena shooter ever in halo 2 and halo 3, no one else could have done it as good as them.

Edited by Choot 'em
Removed quote with inappropriate language.

didn't xbox ceo do the same to xbox fans that didn't have internet connection?

Bungie made there games for microsoft and moved on. i wish destiny was ps4 ps3 only but ehhh. Least they gave us the best arena shooter ever in halo 2 and halo 3, no one else could have done it as good as them.

Meh. As a story player myself, I don't care for online play.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair that Bungie are getting back at MS by screwing the fans over. About MS, I know what you mean and I agree, but it's almost as if Bungie don't care. NS don't care about offline players, but they can admit it. Bungie won't say w'we don't care about our loyalist, the ones who got us where we are!'

Meh. As a story player myself, I don't care for online play.

Anyway, I don't think it's fair that Bungie are getting back at MS by screwing the fans over. About MS, I know what you mean and I agree, but it's almost as if Bungie don't care. NS don't care about offline players, but they can admit it. Bungie won't say w'we don't care about our loyalist, the ones who got us where we are!'

they care enough to have  destiny on both consoles so that's all that matters to me anyways. the only reason ms admited they suck was because sony outpreordered them 5 to 1 no one cares it's all about the money thats why all the games we get now days are 50-75percent finshed with lame dlc thats already been made.

• Like 1

they care enough to have  destiny on both consoles so that's all that matters to me anyways. the only reason ms admited they suck was because sony outpreordered them 5 to 1 no one cares it's all about the money thats why all the games we get now days are 50-75percent finshed with lame dlc thats already been made.

You are dead on about DLC.

I don't really care about Bungie. I assure you he was a great game maker but, if he's going to go focus on Destiny, leaving Halo. Then I won't be too happy.

I love how you refer to a company as "He".  lol

But why can't it be a "she"?

• Like 2