Halo Multiplayer Testing for 343 Industries

Absolute Dog

i dont meet the necessary qualifications unfortunately, but it would be amazing if i could work there. i just hope one of these nice members gets the chance to take this opportunity and do what i know i will never get to do :)

• Like 1

O -o Even the testers have to have this much knowledge~? Well then...They don't play around there seems... I mean the historical knowledge and "digital killin" skills are something pretty much everyone here has, and experience with FPS. When it comes to the other stuff though~? What deh fudge is half this stuff gosh... O -o

• Like 3

What is this all about the job opportunity for the multiplayer tester thing?

Really?  Did you even read what AD wrote?  :/  

O -o Even the testers have to have this much knowledge~? Well then...They don't play around there seems... I mean the historical knowledge and "digital killin" skills are something pretty much everyone here has, and experience with FPS. When it comes to the other stuff though~? What deh fudge is half this stuff gosh... O -o

I assume you were referring to all of the different tasks that the testers would be responsible for, when saying "What deh fudge..."?  If so, I can take an educated guess for you (or anyone else that may be interested) if you'd like.  Based on what I do for a living, and what they are asking for, they sound similar as far as wording goes.  Just let me know.  :)

Now, as for the OP..  that would be quite a job to land, if I might say so.  Too bad the pay is as low as it is, otherwise that might be something I'd be willing to apply for, even if it required me to move the entire way across the country.  :/ 

• Like 1

Hi everyone,

Josh here. I'm the recruiter working on this Halo MP position(s) for 343. So, I've noticed that a lot of you are interested but feel like you don't have the proper tech experience. I talked with my manager and we feel that 343 would take a true Halo fan with scores of MP experience over a casual player with testing experience. Anyone that feels that he or she fits the bill is encouraged to apply and send me their resume. Provide a detailed description of your Halo experience as well.

I just want to reiterate that the position is ON SITE at 343 in Redmond, WA. I don't want that to discourage anyone living outside the state of course, but if that's the case you will need to relocate to the area. Anyone that has family or friends living in the area, or has the means and desire to relocate (I reckon you could couch surf too, haha) will certainly be considered.

Thanks again for your interest and I hope this opens things up for some of you guys.

Joshua Svoboda

Recruiter

Volt Workforce Solutions

3373 National Drive, Suite 100 | Raleigh, NC 27612

tf: 1-800-595-8658 | f: 919-782-5549

[email protected]

Personally, I don't understand why we have to be paid. No payment, no job, they might as well listen to the community and not a single person with his singular opinion.

We here would happily convey our thoughts through the Internet to 343..

Personally, I don't understand why we have to be paid. No payment, no job, they might as well listen to the community and not a single person with his singular opinion.

We here would happily convey our thoughts through the Internet to 343..

What you're failing to realize is that this is an actual position that is open at 343.  They are looking to hire somebody, and pay them, to write baseline test specs among other things.  These are going to be guidelines for testing the matchmaking system.  "Do this, then this, then this, then that, are there any bugs?  If so, report them."  Then somebody else is going to try and recreate said bugs, to see if it was a one time thing, or if there is actually a problem.  Making sure everything is working properly before the public ever sees it.  That is why a "single person with his singular opinion" is required.  This is not going to be somebody saying "Yeah, they should totally add Elites back into matchmaking."

While the community here, like you said, would happily convey our thoughts through the internet, that is not the purpose of this job opportunity.  This job opportunity is to make sure everything works properly prior to release (of hopefully a Beta).  

• Like 1

DANG! I am an American in Germany... am working on my Computer information AA degree... focus on programming to. Half way through my degree... but this would be a nice job to try out. Plus it would also give me some work related experience. 

I know a little Java and Pseudo Java. :3 

Not quite enough though... darn it.

• Like 1

What you're failing to realize is that this is an actual position that is open at 343.  They are looking to hire somebody, and pay them, to write baseline test specs among other things.  These are going to be guidelines for testing the matchmaking system.  "Do this, then this, then this, then that, are there any bugs?  If so, report them."  Then somebody else is going to try and recreate said bugs, to see if it was a one time thing, or if there is actually a problem.  Making sure everything is working properly before the public ever sees it.  That is why a "single person with his singular opinion" is required.  This is not going to be somebody saying "Yeah, they should totally add Elites back into matchmaking."

While the community here, like you said, would happily convey our thoughts through the internet, that is not the purpose of this job opportunity.  This job opportunity is to make sure everything works properly prior to release (of hopefully a Beta).  

Yet they find it an issue to play this online, with both good and bad players. Why not get them to playtest?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...