UK Store GAME Opening Xbox Specific Store in London

GAME%2Bpicture.jpg

Brought up by Absolute Dog. Article by Dan Pearson of Gameindustry.biz

It seems the UK gaming chain, GAME, will be opening an Xbox specific store. Kind of like an Apple Store but for Xbox and maybe other Microsoft products. It's said that the shop will feature "gaming pods, head to head challenge areas, a Microsoft Surface display, and the latest and greatest in Xbox hardware and software."1

So it sounds like some cool stuff could be coming to the GAME located in Boxpark, Shoreditch. They've talked to GAME about whether this is going to be an official affiliation with Microsoft and whether there'll be similar specific stores for Nintendo and Sony but there's been no word as of just yet.

Would you like to see more stores like this devoted to one platform or is this dumb considering the problems with game sharing and used games regarding the Xbox One? Do you think this could potentially start a revolution of GAME stores specifically devoted to one platform?

Discuss.

1. Source

• Like 5

well I have no idea who this shop is going to make real profit when we cannot play used games on the Xbox one :thumbsup:

Still not entirely won over by the fact we always need to sign in atleast once a day and the used games issues :( . But to be fair atleast they're going to bring the best and brightest games coming to Xbox One in that store ^.^ .

you know you could always get a ps4 as they are cheaper and support used games and no 24 hour checks the dashboard and controller may seem weird at first but I am sure you will get used to them in the end :thumbsup:

He sign in can be done on a phone or computer-_-

And considering the specs of the Xbox, I'd say its well worth the price. The specs of a £2000+ computer for £420!

I think this is cool, but I live on the other side of the country-_-

ps4! not gonna buy a console from a company who insults us and spits in are face when we have issues.

heard its region lock also??? tisk tisk.

Our military is out there fighting for there lives to protect us and they can't even play some xbox on there spare time?

Renting games gone?

:/ Sony i go...

Anyways on topic is there a microsoft story in the u.s anywhere i haven't seen one in texas.

Anyways on topic is there a microsoft story in the u.s anywhere i haven't seen one in texas.

As far as I know Microsoft stores only exist inside of their own buildings/complexes in the US. Employees are able to purchase various MS products at a very nice discount depending on their job and time in the company.

• Like 1

And considering the specs of the Xbox, I'd say its well worth the price. The specs of a £2000+ computer for £420!

Those specs are hardly comparable to a £2000.  Seriously.  Maybe a pre-built Dell or Alienware £2000 computer, sure, but those two are behind the times when it comes to the latest and great tech that they put into their machines.  I could easily put together a £2000 build that will outstrip the XBox One in every way.  For the specs that are in the One, you're looking at more along the lines of $800-$900 tops.  I mean honestly, an 8 core processor running at 1.6 Ghz, 2.0 Ghz tops?  That's a joke, since AMD already has an 8 core running at nearly 4.0 Ghz per core already.

Now, as for the topic at hand, that is an interesting idea, and I'd be keen on seeing what they do have to offer.  However this still doesn't change my mind about the One.  Though if a company here in the US were to do something like this, I might be inclined to check it out.

Comparing an actual computer with all of it's functional capabilities to an XBOX is not realistic. Computers and console serve different needs. Especially when my desk top clearly out performs the XBOX One, came with a 24in. HD monitor, keyboard and mouse and cost less than the XBOX will. The only thing to compare a console against is another console. fzdw 11's note of Ghz is another clear point.

Let's remember this tread is about a Microsoft only store.

• Like 2

Those specs are hardly comparable to a £2000.  Seriously.  Maybe a pre-built Dell or Alienware £2000 computer, sure, but those two are behind the times when it comes to the latest and great tech that they put into their machines.  I could easily put together a £2000 build that will outstrip the XBox One in every way.  For the specs that are in the One, you're looking at more along the lines of $800-$900 tops.  I mean honestly, an 8 core processor running at 1.6 Ghz, 2.0 Ghz tops?  That's a joke, since AMD already has an 8 core running at nearly 4.0 Ghz per core already.

Now, as for the topic at hand, that is an interesting idea, and I'd be keen on seeing what they do have to offer.  However this still doesn't change my mind about the One.  Though if a company here in the US were to do something like this, I might be inclined to check it out.

i bough my amd 8 core 4.0ghz for 190 2 weeks ago :) its nice.

and thanks for the info dog.

Edited by TornadoFlame