Is the Xbox One worth getting just for Halo 5?

Bnus Kinect being bundled in the Xbox one is really a mixed bag

I really cannot find any value in it besides plugging it so I do not have to type in codes for stuff but apart from that I find no value in it the games are boring and are really only good for a quick family game once and that is it hardly worth the 100 more if you ask me but others would beg to differ others would  fine value in it but not me. :)

I never said everyone wants kinect all I was doing is adding on to what scruffles said.

If you don't like the Xbox One that is amazing for you like what you want! It's your life! 

Edited by Buns

Lets get to the point buying a Xbox one just for one game ...

Halo is not worth it at all one game should not decide what console you should get you should consider what both offer and what one you like more

Do you want a multimedia box or a Dedicated gaming machine ? :)

Here's one argument that I hate: "Xbox One = Multimedia box. PS4 = Dedicated games console" No. Remember how the Playstation fans were stating that the PS3 was better because of Blu-Ray, the Internet browser and other features? Now they're saying more features is a bad thing? Fanbases always contradict themselves. Xbox One is just as dedicated towards games as Playstation 4. Don't believe me? Go watch the E3 conference again, it was all games, games, games.

Also, you state that Halo is not worth it at all but for some of us, it is. It all comes down to opinion. Halo is a huge selling point of the Xbox consoles, and many people bought an Xbox because of Halo, and it seems to be the same case for the Xbox One. Some people love Halo so much that they want to get whatever console it is on, because it's the game they seem to get the most enjoyment out of, and if you get more enjoyment out of games on one console than you do out of the games on the other, clearly you made a good purchase.

• Like 5

Here's one argument that I hate: "Xbox One = Multimedia box. PS4 = Dedicated games console" No. Remember how the Playstation fans were stating that the PS3 was better because of Blu-Ray, the Internet browser and other features? Now they're saying more features is a bad thing? Fanbases always contradict themselves. Xbox One is just as dedicated towards games as Playstation 4. Don't believe me? Go watch the E3 conference again, it was all games, games, games.

Also, you state that Halo is not worth it at all but for some of us, it is. It all comes down to opinion. Halo is a huge selling point of the Xbox consoles, and many people bought an Xbox because of Halo, and it seems to be the same case for the Xbox One. Some people love Halo so much that they want to get whatever console it is on, because it's the game they seem to get the most enjoyment out of, and if you get more enjoyment out of games on one console than you do out of the games on the other, clearly you made a good purchase.

Amen. :bow: 

Very well said. 

• Like 1

JXZAW you make a point but I guess I am more of person who looks at every aspect of a console rather than just one and if I was to get a Xbox one I would 100 percent wait for halo 5 to come out as I would not want to buy one only to fine Halo 5 is another Halo 4 ( I doubt this will happen )

Ps : Someone here has got to stick up for the PS4. :D

JXZAW you make a point but I guess I am more of person who looks at every aspect of a console rather than just one and if I was to get a Xbox one I would 100 percent wait for halo 5 to come out as I would not want to buy one only to fine Halo 5 is another Halo 4 ( I doubt this will happen )

No one here is against the PS4. We love all consoles but remember our love for Halo is what brought us all here, and Halo is only on Xbox so everyone here is a primarily an Xbox owner(until the One and PS4 came out)

I love the PS4 I just don't have the money for it and I am going to get the console Halo is on because I love it so much. 

• Like 1

I don't look at just one factor. I too look at the console as a whole. I prefer XBL over PSN because it's more secure. There have been major credit card hacks in the past and frankly, I'd never trust Sony with my info after that. The games look more appealing on the Xbox One to me. Titanfall, Halo, Ryse, Killer Instinct, MANY different games on the Xbox One that I am liking the look of. As for specs, it's not that much difference. People's gaming sense has been brought down to numbers. If those digits are higher, apparently that's the better system according to most "gamers". True gamers look at gameplay, not specs.

Whilst Kinect may be the most hated feature on the Xbox One, it does look very useful. It's WAY better than the original Kinect, and some games might use it really well. Same with SmartGlass. SmartGlass > PS Vita. SmartGlass allows you to connect to your Xbox with many devices, not just an overpriced handheld with a terrible games library.

Controller - I've never liked the Playstation controllers. They're so uncomfortable. I find the Xbox controllers MUCH more comfortable. Why is there a touchpad on the new controller? It won't be long until developers get tired of using it, and forget about it. Sure the Xbox One controller is very similar to the Xbox 360 controller, that controller was awesome. All they did was improve on something great, which is better than adding gimmicks to the controller which won't really be of use. Why do they need to include it? It's pointless.

• Like 2

Not really in that respect, I mean since the Xbox one is not backwards compatible, you can't play any of the hundreds of dollars worth of Xbox 360 games you may have lying around. Also, you never buy a system for just one or two games; you look at genres, and you see which ones would be available to you, and on what system. Not even halo is worth the purchase of Xbox one, and there may be even the slightest possibility that by the time halo 6 comes out, It, and every other halo title (excluding spartan assault), will be on both the Xbox one and Xbox 360. So, in all honesty, I wouldn't go with the hype, and I'd stick with the system I got now.

I have thought about what 2 posts I just read and I changed my option on both a little bit .....

We need to give both of the consoles more time less than a month ago the PS4 came out in Europe in a few years we shall see what was really the better one but for now it is to early < IMO :D 

Not really in that respect, I mean since the Xbox one is not backwards compatible, you can't play any of the hundreds of dollars worth of Xbox 360 games you may have lying around. Also, you never buy a system for just one or two games; you look at genres, and you see which ones would be available to you, and on what system. Not even halo is worth the purchase of Xbox one, and there may be even the slightest possibility that by the time halo 6 comes out, It, and every other halo title (excluding spartan assault), will be on both the Xbox one and Xbox 360. So, in all honesty, I wouldn't go with the hype, and I'd stick with the system I got now.

The Xbox One isn't worth it for just Halo? *in YOUR opinion.

My brother got an Xbox for Halo CE

I got an Xbox 360 for Halo

and I will be getting an X1 for Halo

Halo has given me more enjoyment then any other video game franchise ever. I have met amazing friends, had amazing oppurnites and just great moments on Halo. So yes pouring the money out for Halo has turned out to be more than worth it so please understand that some people think  otherwise. 

I have thought about what 2 posts I just read and I changed my option on both a little bit .....

We need to give both of the consoles more time less than a month ago the PS4 came out in Europe in a few years we shall see what was really the better one but for now it is to early < IMO :D

Took you long enough to change your opinion but please understand.

No console is better than the other.

No console is better than the other.

PS4 is just as good as the Xbox One, Xbox One is just as good as the PS4. 

Remember what I said earlier in this post. It doesn't matter what console you buy it matters if you think it is worth the purchase. If you get more fun out of the PS4 than that is great! Money not wasted! 

Now the difference is facts. Fact: The PS4 is smaller than the Xbox One, etc. 

• Like 2

I don't look at just one factor. I too look at the console as a whole. I prefer XBL over PSN because it's more secure. There have been major credit card hacks in the past and frankly, I'd never trust Sony with my info after that. The games look more appealing on the Xbox One to me. Titanfall, Halo, Ryse, Killer Instinct, MANY different games on the Xbox One that I am liking the look of. As for specs, it's not that much difference. People's gaming sense has been brought down to numbers. If those digits are higher, apparently that's the better system according to most "gamers". True gamers look at gameplay, not specs.

Whilst Kinect may be the most hated feature on the Xbox One, it does look very useful. It's WAY better than the original Kinect, and some games might use it really well. Same with SmartGlass. SmartGlass > PS Vita. SmartGlass allows you to connect to your Xbox with many devices, not just an overpriced handheld with a terrible games library.

Controller - I've never liked the Playstation controllers. They're so uncomfortable. I find the Xbox controllers MUCH more comfortable. Why is there a touchpad on the new controller? It won't be long until developers get tired of using it, and forget about it. Sure the Xbox One controller is very similar to the Xbox 360 controller, that controller was awesome. All they did was improve on something great, which is better than adding gimmicks to the controller which won't really be of use. Why do they need to include it? It's pointless.

Bingo. I remember mentioning that about the PS4 controller a long time ago. It didn't do well for Wii, and I don't think it will do any better for the PS4. There is a phrase in the gaming industry that Microsoft listened to... "If it aint' broke, don't fix it". They did that with the Xbox controller, they didn't add anything special to it, they just made it more comfortable.

• Like 2

Well really Bnus a console being better is all down to whatever than person thinks of that console and the other one I think the PS4 is the best one others such as the Xbox fanboy in my class thinks the XB1 is the better one yes there are facts such as PS4 being  more powerful ( if only a bit ) Xbox one having Kinect ETC  but these facts are what we base out opinions on. :)  

Well really Bnus a console being better is all down to whatever than person thinks of that console and the other one I think the PS4 is the best one others such as the Xbox fanboy in my class thinks the XB1 is the better one yes there are facts such as PS4 being  more powerful ( if only a bit ) Xbox one having Kinect ETC  but these facts are what we base out opinions on. :)  

You do know I already stated everything you just said earlier in this thread right...... Like a few weeks ago but thanks for reiterating my point. 

Also opinions are not just based on facts they're based on experiences which is vastly more important then facts.