•  

Toggle shoutbox 343i Community Shoutbox

@  343iBot : (05 December 2019 - 07:08 AM) Welcome to the forums, EmiLekA! :welcome: View EmiLekA's Profile
@  343iBot : (04 December 2019 - 07:10 PM) Welcome to the forums, Sallyovace! :welcome: View Sallyovace's Profile
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (04 December 2019 - 02:44 PM) the masta pasta race
@  Twinreaper : (04 December 2019 - 06:50 AM) hola amigos...welcome to the masta race lol
@  Halo6 Follower : (03 December 2019 - 09:26 PM) Rejoice!
@  Tony le Lava... : (03 December 2019 - 06:00 PM) The day I've been waiting for years has finally come :)
@  343iBot : (03 December 2019 - 02:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, ScytheFG! :welcome: View ScytheFG's Profile
@  343iBot : (02 December 2019 - 12:38 PM) Welcome to the forums, Richardjup! :welcome: View Richardjup's Profile
@  343iBot : (01 December 2019 - 04:23 PM) Welcome to the forums, Michaelbanny! :welcome: View Michaelbanny's Profile
@  343iBot : (30 November 2019 - 10:11 PM) Welcome to the forums, PhilipdAype! :welcome: View PhilipdAype's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 06:12 PM) Welcome to the forums, Onecapper! :welcome: View Onecapper's Profile
@  343iBot : (29 November 2019 - 02:13 AM) Welcome to the forums, brownE7! :welcome: View brownE7's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 11:01 PM) Welcome to the forums, duaneblynn! :welcome: View duaneblynn's Profile
@  343iBot : (28 November 2019 - 05:37 AM) Welcome to the forums, jonathanK! :welcome: View jonathanK's Profile
@  Vitamin Pwn : (26 November 2019 - 08:25 PM) nay nay nay!
@  Mr Kittens a... : (26 November 2019 - 10:50 AM) Hey hey hey!
@  343iBot : (26 November 2019 - 07:52 AM) Welcome to the forums, BrianTrorb! :welcome: View BrianTrorb's Profile
@  Akali : (24 November 2019 - 07:47 PM) @RedStarRocket91 Damn right we should! Like the good old days
@  I_Make_Big_Boom : (24 November 2019 - 10:58 AM) why compete when mouse-keyboard combos are dumb
@  Maestro : (20 November 2019 - 09:28 PM) yeah, but I think that shouldn't matter when you play with your buddies in campaign or screw around in custom games

Photo

Is the Xbox One worth getting just for Halo 5?

• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 fzdw11

fzdw11

The Tin Can

• Dedicated Members
  • 824 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Ruined Hope
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 21 June 2013 - 07:00 AM

The only downside to the Xbox one is that its $100 more than the ps4. Other than that its all just preference

After the reversal of the DRM issues, this pretty much sums it all up.  While spec wise, the PS4 is the more powerful console (not by much, mind you), technically speaking the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and we all know how that turned out.

The real issue now in deciding, while preference does play a large part, is what happens if MS decides to try and implement these features later by changing their terms of service?  

HIM86.png

#22 WonderWombat

WonderWombat

SUPER Arbiter

• Dedicated Members
  • 1,237 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:W0NDERW0MBAT
  • LocationOhio, USA

Posted 21 June 2013 - 10:08 AM

After the reversal of the DRM issues, this pretty much sums it all up.  While spec wise, the PS4 is the more powerful console (not by much, mind you), technically speaking the PS3 was more powerful than the 360, and we all know how that turned out.

The real issue now in deciding, while preference does play a large part, is what happens if MS decides to try and implement these features later by changing their terms of service?  

The PS3 had some wonky architecture. Both consoles right now have similar set ups though.

However only Sony exclusives could potentially look better than Xbox.

If they bring down the price in a few years and fix all the issues I might consider getting it. Nothing says success like 60% failure rating, that's right 360 I'm looking at you.

NwA4a.png

The Shoutbox can't even handle me right now.

#23 AnimeAddict

AnimeAddict

• Banned
  • 668 posts
Trusted

Posted 21 June 2013 - 03:41 PM

i think it is worth getting assuming MS keeps their head out of their bum 

#24 Zandril

Zandril

Reach Kid

• Forge Group
  • 1,010 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:Zandril S312
  • Location42 Wallaby Way, Sydney

Posted 22 June 2013 - 10:06 AM

I don't know about you guys but I'm getting it for Halo 5.

I've played Halo since Halo 2 and I don't see myself stopping anytime soon.

0qd2kuw.gif

Ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight? 

#25 тυcкєя

тυcкєя

Divergent

• Dedicated Members
  • 608 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:Kool Halo Kitty
  • LocationArizona

Posted 22 June 2013 - 01:21 PM

The smartest move to do would be to just wait. There's no rush. Like how can you decide if your not going to get a console if the creators of the console haven't told you much? Problem sloved. Just wait. It's gonna be a while.  :ice: 

coollogo_com-19464562.png

#26 MandoMan

MandoMan

Brute Chieftain

• Members
  • 66 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:XxMandoManxX

Posted 24 June 2013 - 01:05 AM

The smartest move to do would be to just wait. There's no rush. Like how can you decide if your not going to get a console if the creators of the console haven't told you much? Problem sloved. Just wait. It's gonna be a while.  :ice: 

Agreed. I plan to wait at least 1-2 years just to see how things unravel. Then my true decision will be made

No Advertising

#27 SomeStrangeGuy

SomeStrangeGuy

Jackal

• Banned
  • 5 posts
Liked

Posted 03 July 2013 - 01:06 AM

I, myself, was anti-xbox one when it was first launched. After they removed those restrictions, however, I'm definitely considering it.

#28 Akali

Akali

The Assassin with no Master

• Dedicated Members
  • 994 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:TheSirLagalott
  • LocationBehind my Sofa
10       19    2          2                  

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:50 PM

i dont think it is since i feel 343 ruined halo 4

VMc4QVY.gif

#29 upton889

upton889

343 Guilty Spark

• Dedicated Members
  • 502 posts
Trusted
  • Gamertag:xKayenx

Posted 25 November 2013 - 05:51 PM

There are several games to get besides Halo on the Xbox One, but Halo is definitely a must. I would say go get the new Xbox.

xKayenx_130930123256.png

#30 Mr. HML

Mr. HML

Grunt

• New Members
  • 1 posts
Liked

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

I'm going to wait.  I feel as though Halo is not going to make a huge sale as they think they are, due to the outrageous pricing of the Xbox One.  I'm pretty sure people would not want to waist around 400 dollars on a new console when the 360's work and operate just fine.  Am I correct or not?  I've never had any issues with my 360 yet, and I have had it for about 4 years now.  In the next year or so after Halo 5 has been released, hopefully Halo will come around and decide to make copies for the 360 (They are missing out on some good sales!).  You can do a lot with ~ 400 dollars!!  I certainly would save that $$$ for something far more valuable instead of dumping it down the drain. 

That's my opinion about Halo 5 and Xbox One.

• Caboose The Ace likes this

#31 Jack Of Harts

Jack Of Harts

This is my title, there are many like it but this one is mine.

• Legendary Members
  • 910 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:JackOfHarts 343
  • LocationUnited Kingdom
3    13          3    2               

Posted 28 November 2013 - 06:43 AM

i dont think it is since i feel 343 ruined halo 4

I don't think they ruined it, it was better than Reach.

Posted Image

#32 Silent Orbis

Silent Orbis

Venom Snake

• Dedicated Members
  • 527 posts
Dedicated
  • Gamertag:Dezert Fuze
  • LocationUSA

Posted 28 November 2013 - 09:32 PM

Xbox One isn't bad... but it's not good enough, since you always have a (cheaper and slightly better) alternative: PS4.. Halo 5 looks amazing....I had to get over that, too. I ended up getting the PS4, and I don't regret it.  Killzone is good, too. Sure, I know it isn't Halo. But... do you NEED Halo for a great gaming experience? We all know... that the answer is NO. I have CoD, AC4, and some more games. They're amazing. Mass Effect 4 will be on PS4, which was also a killer exclusive franchise on Xbox. I have no doubt that Microsoft will lower the price on the Xbox One. No doubt at all, by E3 2014, it will happen. If you want a console, get the PS4 right now. Halo 5 isn't out anyway... at least not for another year. You have no chance of feeling bad for a year. And if you want to switch after the price drop, just sell the PS4 around E3 on any local website, or on eBay (but eBay takes money away from you).

Do waht you feel is better for you, but that's all I can say, as a tactic from my personality and logic.

• Caboose The Ace likes this

gallery_29121_513_2552.png

#33 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Warm Bnus
  • LocationInstallation 00
14             2                     

Posted 28 November 2013 - 10:39 PM

Xbox One isn't bad... but it's not good enough, since you always have a (cheaper and slightly better) alternative: PS4.. Halo 5 looks amazing....I had to get over that, too. I ended up getting the PS4, and I don't regret it.  Killzone is good, too. Sure, I know it isn't Halo. But... do you NEED Halo for a great gaming experience? We all know... that the answer is NO. I have CoD, AC4, and some more games. They're amazing. Mass Effect 4 will be on PS4, which was also a killer exclusive franchise on Xbox. I have no doubt that Microsoft will lower the price on the Xbox One. No doubt at all, by E3 2014, it will happen. If you want a console, get the PS4 right now. Halo 5 isn't out anyway... at least not for another year. You have no chance of feeling bad for a year. And if you want to switch after the price drop, just sell the PS4 around E3 on any local website, or on eBay (but eBay takes money away from you).

Do waht you feel is better for you, but that's all I can say, as a tactic from my personality and logic.

I will poop on you if you ever say the PS4 is better. 
The Xbox One and PS4 are both gaming systems made for different gamers. You cannot compare them because at their core they are both fundmentally different. While both are gaming platforms the experience of using them is different. They are both unique the PS4 is not superior to the Xbox and the Xbox One is not superior to the PS4. I understand this is your opinion but you should not be supporting any console being superior. Consoles are a medium for which gamers can play the games they want. They are not a tool for which to promote discussions on which is better. 
The PS4 is cheaper but it is not better. Both are amazing because both systems provide unique gaming experiences to the user.
Remember just please avoid using words like "better" when discussing your opinion because no console will ever be better than the other. The experience you had could have been more enjoyable/better but the actual system can not(Unless you're stating that the PS4 has better hardware or that the Xbox One has the better camera peripheral then the situation in which you used the word is different.)

Also 
" But... do you NEED Halo for a great gaming experience? We all know... that the answer is NO"

That is your opinion. So please never say "We all know" because everyone has a different view on the subject. 

I had to rant about this I am sorry the inner gamer inside of me is tired of these "zomg console Z is better than console U" If you enjoy the PS4 more that is fine but remember that the experience for you is better. I just want to make sure that we all know I am talking about the actual physical systems. 

• Zaguroth and Mayh3m like this

gallery_88375_757_102964.jpg

#34 GryffinGuy007

GryffinGuy007

le ostin

• Affiliates
  • 486 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:GryffinGuy007
  • LocationSydney

Posted 04 December 2013 - 02:10 AM

Here's some gaming mathematics:

XBO & PS4 > WiiU

XBO = PS4

XBO + Halo > PS4

XBO + Halo = PS4 + Planetside 2

XBO + Halo + Titanfall > PS4 + Planetside 2 + Blacklight: Retribution + Killzone

XBO + Dead Rising 3 > PS4 + inFamous: Second Son

Battlefield 4 early DLC + CoD: Ghosts early DLC = Destiny early content

XBL > PSN

XBO = 3 points ahead

Wondering why I used Planetside 2 and Blacklight: Retribution as comparisons? Even though they're free games, which is nice, they both include a heap of microtransactions. They both also contain similar elements to Halo Xbox One and Titanfall. However, Halo and Titanfall are outstanding full-priced games. Killzone: Shadow Fall is very mediocre. Although it has nice graphics, the gameplay is very stale and too similar to other games. This evens out with Ryse: Son of Rome's disappointment. Both only really show off the console's graphics capabilities, rather than have unique gameplay. By observing the two, you can see that the graphics are pretty even, so don't fall for the whole 'Playstation 4 has way better graphics than Xbox One'.

The maths is based solely on my opinion, but I'm sure you see the logic behind it. For only $100 more (or $20 in Australia), you get a better camera, a better online service and better exclusive games - at least until the end of next year.

• Drizzy_Dan likes this

Posted Image

#35 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:52 AM

Lets get to the point buying a Xbox one just for one game ...

Halo is not worth it at all one game should not decide what console you should get you should consider what both offer and what one you like more

Do you want a multimedia box or a Dedicated gaming machine ?:)

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#36 Snipe MD

Snipe MD

Prophet of Regret

• Members
  • 142 posts
Liked
  • Gamertag:Snipe MD
  • LocationFind me on YouTube!

Posted 04 December 2013 - 11:56 AM

I believe I had stated this in a previous forum, but if there releasing the Xbox one with all this hype, such as the "every 2 minutes" advertisements, then there's got to be SOMETHING wrong with it. the Xbox 360 being a perfect example of how much we were screwed by the defective (albeit quite welcome) video game giveaway pyramid scheme that is mountain dew's "every 2 minutes" deals.

I once knew a hooker named "Lady Luck". She would've given me a lapdance, but I decided to buy that rocket launcher instead...

snip3m101_by_bronyswag-d71n6j2.png

#37 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
14             2                     

Posted 04 December 2013 - 04:44 PM

Lets get to the point buying a Xbox one just for one game ...

Halo is not worth it at all one game should not decide what console you should get you should consider what both offer and what one you like more

Do you want a multimedia box or a Dedicated gaming machine ? :)

That same argument applies to people who want to get the PS4 just for Killzone
Let people buy what they want. I want an X1 for Halo so what? You want a PS4 for some game you want so what? We're both gamers it doesn't matter

Here's some gaming mathematics:

XBO = 3 points ahead

No Gryffin you're mathematics are wrong you get an F+
The Xbox One is not better than the PS4 and the PS4 is not better than the Xbox One

#38 GryffinGuy007

GryffinGuy007

le ostin

• Affiliates
  • 486 posts
Inspiring
  • Gamertag:GryffinGuy007
  • LocationSydney

Posted 05 December 2013 - 05:40 AM

Let people buy what they want. I want an X1 for Halo so what? You want a PS4 for some game you want so what? We're both gamers it doesn't matter

The Xbox One is not better than the PS4 and the PS4 is not better than the Xbox One

A non believer! Stone the non believer!

Xbox One master race!

:troll:

• Is not JL likes this

Posted Image

#39 Caboose The Ace

Caboose The Ace

Loyal Stormtrooper of the First Order

• Dedicated Members
  • 5,246 posts
Heroic
  • Gamertag:Caboose The Ace
  • LocationStarkiller Base
11                      2         

Posted 05 December 2013 - 02:35 PM

What I am posting is one game should not be the only deciding factor on why you brought that Console there Consoles are expensive and this is not 2006 you cannot just throw money around some of there factors are ...

Excusive Games  

Horsepower

Are you're friends buying it ?

The controller

and many more ! :)

tumblr_inline_o0lut5Boyj1qz9e28_500.gif

#40 Buns

Buns

The Fiber Crusader

• Legendary Members
  • 1,942 posts
Heroic
14             2                     

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:32 PM

What I am posting is one game should not be the only deciding factor on why you brought that Console there Consoles are expensive and this is not 2006 you cannot just throw money around some of there factors are ...

Excusive Games  

Horsepower

Are you're friends buying it ?

The controller

and many more ! :)

If you're really going to add all those factors then might as well buy a PC because it wins in all of those.(Except for friends)
I agree consoles should never be bought on the decision for one game but guess what people do that and its ok. My point still stands no console is better than the other. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users