New Halo 5 Trailer

spartan123

As many people know, 343 just released a teaser trailer for Halo 5. Its up on youtube for anyone who hasn't seen it yet. For those who have seen it, what are your first impressions? Do you think the cloak Chief was wearing was a bit ridiculous? What are your speculations on the location of the trailer and the strange robotic bird that rose out of the sands? Also, what are your general single-player predictions for Halo 5, and do you think 343 is releasing this teaser too early for fans? I mean, its only been seven months since Halo 4 was released, and I don't think its smart for Microsoft to rush development; after all, we don't want them to become like Infinity Ward and force their employees to **** out low-quality games every year. 

The cloak was very...outcast Jedi, Starwars-like. This was an odd touch for Halo but somewhat effective though a tad overated. The use of Cortana's chip as a dogtag will undoubtedly come into play later as the masterchief finds either another version of Cortana or perhaps a completely different AI.

The location is highly mysterious though the rubble in the distance might provide some clues. The prescence of the "bird" which everyone was so interested in might indicate chief is fighting more forerunner stuff, the wings were very indicative of that.

More importantly, did anyone notice the state his armor was in~? Chief clearly hasn't been working with the UNSC for a while now. Perhaps after Cortana's death he went AWOL~? Single player will be very interesting with these new developments obviously, and I doubt 343 will rush things having seen what the last Halo did to fans. The question however is, will they have a choice...

I believe it can be reasonably speculated that the construct seen is a Forerunner War Sphinx or the model that made it obsolete. They are incredibly powerful by human standards and were used by the Didact's children before their deaths. As for the cloak, I think it was obviously pointless. He's Master Chief... in armor. No need for rags to cloak him other than a dramatic reveal that it was him.

I believe it can be reasonably speculated that the construct seen is a Forerunner War Sphinx or the model that made it obsolete. They are incredibly powerful by human standards and were used by the Didact's children before their deaths. As for the cloak, I think it was obviously pointless. He's Master Chief... in armor. No need for rags to cloak him other than a dramatic reveal that it was him.

The conclusion on the robe is not entirely true. Notice the heavy damage his armor has taken. He is most likely using the robe to prevent the sand from causing even more damage to the exterior of his armor.

The conclusion on the robe is not entirely true. Notice the heavy damage his armor has taken. He is most likely using the robe to prevent the sand from causing even more damage to the exterior of his armor.

But that would still leave one question unanswered... Where did he get the robe?

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. It says on the wiki that the Didact's sphinxes were located on Erde-Tyrene, which is earth. So maybe the Chief is somewhere in the section of Africa that got glassed in H3. Hood did say that Vadum glassed half the continent, so that's a pretty large area. He may also be on some glassed human colony world, like New Llanelli, which is where 'Telcam is hiding. 

I was actually thinking the exact same thing. It says on the wiki that the Didact's sphinxes were located on Erde-Tyrene, which is earth. So maybe the Chief is somewhere in the section of Africa that got glassed in H3. Hood did say that Vadum glassed half the continent, so that's a pretty large area. He may also be on some glassed human colony world, like New Llanelli, which is where 'Telcam is hiding. 

WHOA WHOA WHOA~!!! IDEA~! (read the last part of the above post)

UNSC declares Halsey rogue~ Chief gets pissed since shes the only connection to his past and his "mother," and goes on a bit of a hunting trip for the terrorist elite. Only he doesn't realize Halsey is now evil. This explains why he is alone, not armed, and his armor is highly uncared for.

The robe is for an added outcast-look~

!!!!!!!!~ Furthermore he glances at Cortana's chip~!!! This perhaps is a reference meaning he intends to have Halsey bring back Cortana~?!

Well, first of all, I'm fairly certain it's a war sphinx, as it has a birdlike look, winged, you can definitely enter it and most of all it looks highly weaponized. 

Next, in rags. Well, if he did go hunting for Halsey, who DID go wrong, he'd probably be doing something like that simply to hide. Mjolnir has it's own power source, right? Simple. 

However, I doubt that this is in Africa. And I'm judging that based on the massive orange ball in the distance that may (or may not) be a planet. As far as I know, Earth didn't have that yet but I could totally be wrong.

In any case, I'm calling it right now. 1. In the first mission or one of the first few, Chief has to fight his way out of UNSC.

2. 'Im lost, no waypoints. Where the heck do I go. Explore...explore....'

• Like 1

Well, first of all, I'm fairly certain it's a war sphinx, as it has a birdlike look, winged, you can definitely enter it and most of all it looks highly weaponized. 

Next, in rags. Well, if he did go hunting for Halsey, who DID go wrong, he'd probably be doing something like that simply to hide. Mjolnir has it's own power source, right? Simple. 

However, I doubt that this is in Africa. And I'm judging that based on the massive orange ball in the distance that may (or may not) be a planet. As far as I know, Earth didn't have that yet but I could totally be wrong.

In any case, I'm calling it right now. 1. In the first mission or one of the first few, Chief has to fight his way out of UNSC.

2. 'Im lost, no waypoints. Where the heck do I go. Explore...explore....'

THIS EXPLAINS WHY THEY WANTED MMORPG PEOPLE~!!! Oh em gee~!! It ALL fits~! Halo 5 is freeroam with no UNSC backup and a mission to revive Cortana~!

I don't think it is a sphinx considering it is massive.

Yeah and I'm in agreement with looking for Halsey and going rogue from the UNSC. With his shaken state I suspect that Halsey will end up using him to get here revenge.

I wonder if marines will be the enemy.

The cloak was very...outcast Jedi, Starwars-like. This was an odd touch for Halo but somewhat effective though a tad overated. The use of Cortana's chip as a dogtag will undoubtedly come into play later as the masterchief finds either another version of Cortana or perhaps a completely different AI.

The location is highly mysterious though the rubble in the distance might provide some clues. The prescence of the "bird" which everyone was so interested in might indicate chief is fighting more forerunner stuff, the wings were very indicative of that.

More importantly, did anyone notice the state his armor was in~? Chief clearly hasn't been working with the UNSC for a while now. Perhaps after Cortana's death he went AWOL~? Single player will be very interesting with these new developments obviously, and I doubt 343 will rush things having seen what the last Halo did to fans. The question however is, will they have a choice...

The device Cortana was stored on could have some importance. I doubt it there, because it has never been mentioned before.

Maybe Chief's armor is "Broken"? Maybe that's why he has the cloak. His visor is cracked also. I really hope the Didact isn't returning...there's much speculation that he will. The "Bird", is obviously Forerunner, but the question is, Is it Promethean? The Prometheans were VERY fun and challenging, so I hope 343 isn't done with them. But, then again, it would be very awesome to see yet ANOTHER enemy! One thing I noticed about the trailer........Chief had Cortana's' chip, but, wasn't the chip in a Forerunner Terminal when Cortana died? I mean, how else would she be in the system! And the terminal, was destroyed by the Didact, so how did Chief recover the chip? I doubt it would've survived the detonation of the nuke, and if it did, Chief would NEVER find it in all that debris! But, I love the fact that he has it on a chain....that makes the Halo series seem a lot more, " Personal", for some reason...I love the robe, and the desert in the trailer, it makes it seem as if the world was destroyed or something.....And another thing, those, "Spikes", in the desert landscape, look familiar....weren't they in Halo 3? I remember them from the Halo 3 Menu.....Maybe Chief is on a fragment of the Ark?

Or were those spikes on earth? I can't remember....been ages since I played Halo 3....Anyways, AMAZING trailer! I cried when I saw it, I wasn't expecting to see Halo 5 AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!

One thing I noticed about the trailer........Chief had Cortana's' chip, but, wasn't the chip in a Forerunner Terminal when Cortana died? I mean, how else would she be in the system! And the terminal, was destroyed by the Didact, so how did Chief recover the chip? I doubt it would've survived the detonation of the nuke, and if it did, Chief would NEVER find it in all that debris! 

Chief always had it. When the Mark VI upgrade for MJOLNIR came, Cortana also got the ability to hop from device to device just by touch (Best shown in Halo 3 when her avatar hologram would do a jump) and so while she was uploaded to the Terminal, Chief always had the chip.

I don't think it is a sphinx considering it is massive.

Sphinx are massive. They could hold warriors inside. And we haven't delved into Forerunner military yet. I'm sure it's a model of a war sphinx.

And it looks great.

in my opinion, is that not Sanghelios in the background??? So he's probably on one of the moons of Sanghelios, it makes sense because they have forerunner technology all over the shop there.. 

If there's one person who would help a warrior who is held back by their army, it would be the Arbiter.....

And plus, Sangheili and humans should both be trying to hunt Jul Mdama.....

So I don't see why not!

• Like 1

When chief sees the war sphinx he immediately looks at the chip, it's possible that it, the sphinx, is related to cortana's return, However it could represent how chief is "facing his humanity" which is "alien" to him, do you get what I mean?  :lol:

Also loss can be a great way to develop a character in fiction or reality so in the midst of her death chief grows. I dunno maybe I should do an analyses video or something.