Destiny Gameplay Reveal at E3 Sony Press Conference

Bungie is revealing new Destiny gameplay for the first time at E3's Sony Press Conference.

destination_article_1.jpg

Watch the Destiny gameplay trailer today -or anytime you want after 9:00pm EST/ 6:00pm PST Monday, June 10th.

Here's the Bungie news page with the actual official Destiny gameplay reveal cut from the Sony Press Conference.

Big thank you to Smokin Shadowz for bringing us the actual trailer.

Here is the Gameplay Demo.

Here is a Live Gameplay Demo

So if you'd like, watch E3 here on the site and head on over here later to watch the Destiny reveal. The news page on Bunge.net has a livestream setup for the Sony Press Conference.

• Like 3

Hmm. Gameplay looks cool, sort of like what would happen if you took an RTS game but then experienced it full scale, on the ground, as just one guy. Story seems like it's been done before in some way, but then again this is Bungie we're talking about here. Their stories have never been done before. The details later in the game should probably prove this to be another Bungie original.

Sounds like an impossible fight though. One fortress city of humans against all that surrounding them. The Traveler's probably containing humanity's only hope, or something like that. And of course, probably some secret too.

Graphics on the other hand are lame. They're somewhere between Halo 2 and 3's graphics, a disappointment considering how far games have advanced in that department.

Graphics on the other hand are lame. They're somewhere between Halo 2 and 3's graphics, a disappointment considering how far games have advanced in that department.

Somebody is blurry eyed right now. I wont say who, but Ill just point out that 

1. Destiny at current is graphically better than any Xbox 360 game. Halo 3's graphics are nowhere near as good and Halo 4's graphics are either on par or worse.

2. Graphics aren't lame. Otherwise games like pokemon suck.

Somebody is blurry eyed right now. I wont say who, but Ill just point out that 

1. Destiny at current is graphically better than any Xbox 360 game. Halo 3's graphics are nowhere near as good and Halo 4's graphics are either on par or worse.

2. Graphics aren't lame. Otherwise games like pokemon suck.

The lighting effects and model complexity are on par with Halo 4. But the textures. Textures make a big difference IMO, especially if the lighting actually reflects on them well. That's why I think Halo Reach looks more realistic than Halo 4, even though Halo 4 is undeniably better in the lighting and detail. And that's also why I think Halo 3's graphics are better than Destiny's. The lighting effects are in a similar range, and even though Halo 3's multiplayer armor lacked good texturing, its campaign texturing for Chief and the enemies was more realistic.

Never said that graphics make a game lame. I said Destiny's graphics themselves were lame, and I meant that in context. By modern standards, they are kind of lame.

I said Destiny's graphics themselves were lame, and I meant that in context. By modern standards, they are kind of lame.

Keep in mind this game is probably coming out next year in the fall. In that context they're amazing, they need something to playtest while they build, this is it.

HAVE NO FEAH

So the final graphics are gonna be better?

This is the game in pre-Alpha state, gameplay isn't even fully nailed down at this point.

The picturesque beauti-scapes and the wizard-type code shooting into your retinae and running through your system will be post-Beta-licious by the time Destiny is complete.