Halo 4 - 6 Story idea/ Theory

Rumerboy

CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR FREQUENT UPDATES ON MY THEORY!!!

My other Theories:

Human-Covenant/Elite Alliance:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/2975-halo-4-human-elite-human-covenant-alliance-theory/

Human Vs PreHistoric Human:

http://www.343industries.org/forum/topic/3482-halo-4-humans-vs-prehistoric-humans-theory/

BE SURE TO READ THROUGH IT ALL!!! DONT JUST STOP AT BEGINNING

If you listen closely to 343 Guilty Spark in Halo CE he says things that made it sound like he thought that chief was the one who lighted the first halo ring back when the forerunners were around all those years ago. For example he says, "why would you hesitate to do now what you have already done before?" ( or something along those lines) Also, he makes regards to chiefs poor choice of armor and calls it a "class 2" and recommends he wears a "class 12" Now why would the monitor say these things unless he knew that chief was around back then and should have the armor necessary. ALSO the monitor said something about the chief asking him a question all those years ago.Now obviously, we all thought that that cannot be true because chief is here now. But what if at the end of halo 3 when forward unto dawn broke apart and chief was not only sent through space, but also sent back in time. Now before you regard this as a stupid and outlandish idea, think about it. It would explain why guilty spark said that, and it would bring us all new enemies, weapons, and vehicles and enviorments. Also, it would be the perfect ending for master chief, he lights the first ring to stop the flood and also kill himself, yet save himself and everyone else from the future.

Here's a link to a video at comic con 2010 where the interviewer is asking questions to Frank O' Connor: (Keep watching until the part where he talks about the monitor and what Frankie says about it. This only supports my theory)

The part im talking about begins around 3:18

(I think I fixed the link if not, please use the link that Raskulz posted below in the comments. I will fix it when I get home to an actual computer)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=-WcVz8hPN5s

Notice how giddy and a lil weird Frankie gets when he says that?

it greatly helps my idea and gets me giddy and excited so badly!!

Update: ADDED August 20th, 10pm:

343 Has repeatedly said that in Halo CEA there will be terminals that will help reveal things about Halo 4's story. Now these terminals will be explained by the Monitor. ====> http://attackofthefanboy.com/videos/the-story-of-guilty-spark-holds-halo-4-clues/

Now if the monitor in Halo CE will explain the story of Halo 4 how is that possible if Halo 4 (supposedly) is way in the future from Halo CE? It's not, that's why the only way the monitor could explain the Events in Halo 4 is if it has already happened. That furthermore improves my theory of time travel.

Update: ADDED August 22nd, 10:30pm:

Now everyone claims that when the monitor calls Chief "Reclaimer" that he means humans are the reclaimers to the forrunner's mantel. However, I believe that he calls chief a "Reclaimer" because chief lit of the first halo rings, and he's back to light or ""Reclaim"" them again.

Think about it, have you ever heard the monitor call anyone else besides chief a "Reclaimer"? No because chief is the only one Actually ""Reclaiming anything""

Update: ADDED September 2nd, 7:30pm:

This is just something I thought of but,

In the legendary ending if Halo 3, Cortana says, " You did it. Truth, and the covenant, the flood, it's finished." Along with Chief ( kinda relieving ) saying, "It's finished."

Now this sounds like they're saying that it's basically all over, the galaxy is at peace. Also keep in mind that there actually is really nothing threating left in the (present) galaxy. Now Cortana couldn't possibly need Chief ( in Halo 4) if the (present time) galaxy is at peace. Unless the galaxy they're in NOW is in the past and is NOT at peace.

Again, keep in mind that Corana says that the Flood is finished. Now Halo 4 is obviously going to contain the flood. Because well first of all, it just has too. And second, the entire series is literally BECAUSE of the flood. Without the flood there would be no Halo ring, therefore no "Halo 1-3" or in this case... a ""Halo 4""

Just another idea I thought I'd put in there....

Update: ADDED September 3rd, 1:00pm:

At the end of the concept art video for Halo 4, these weird pictures were quickly flashed. I have strong belief that these are precursors because precursors are known to look like anthropoids, and the pictures sorta looked like anthropoids as well. And since its in the concept art, that probably means its in the game. Now, we know that precursors are all long gone. ( Like it is a fact that they are all dead). So if they are in the game, how would that be possible unless the game is in the past??

Update: ADDED September 7th, 10:30pm:

Also addressing the concept art video: in the video, there was clearly a pelican flying around. Now, I admit this is a major setback on my theory however, there are a few possibilities that could explain this:

(Probably best answer)

1. At the end of Halo Wars, Serena says "somethings happened" now if the spirit of fire also went back in time due to a faulty slipspace rupture, this could explain the presence of marines and pelicans.

(This ones stretching it a bit)

2. We all know that Precursors were extremely advanced in science and technology. So what if they (or possibly forerunners) mastered time travel and would go into the future and take marines and other unsc equipment in order to study them? ( again, I know I'm stretching it a little)

The video, also seemed to show, what looks like new covenant craft. Now this could easily be forerunner or precursor, but who knows?

This concept art video, really did a number on my theory, so anyone with any ideas to explain UNSC or possibly COVENANT presence in the video, PLEASE POST THEM!!

Update: ADDED September 7th 11:00pm

The concept art clearly shows UNSC and maybe even COVENANT on this unknown planet. Now this would surely ruin my theory, however, maybe the UNSC and the COVENANT are allies now (after the war) and are going to rescue chief. And what if something happens and chief just goes back in time later in the game or even Halo 5?

CHECK BACK OFTEN FOR FREQUENT UPDATES ON MY THEORY!!!

What do you think of my theory?

What other theories do you have?

I think that the planet in the advert is not a planet, but a ship of some kind, how many planets do you know of that have a massive hole that opens up (like a ship bay) when ships come near? i think that its a forerunner carrier ship that is being assaulted by the flood, trying to infect forerunners to create flood-runners lol.

I also think that it will have some important tech on board that makes it a primary target to defend/capture, then The Chief will go in there and take down the constant threat of the flood, make peace with the forerunnners, make some form of technological innovation to create his own ship (or be given one), and make some advancement in his weapon technology, and look for Onyx so that he can save Halsey and the other spartans, Halo 4 would end there, then Halo 5 would start with cheif reaching Onyx, and a whole new plotline would evolve.

Thats what i think the plotline is, but thats just a guess...

i agree with the first guy, that does seem like a great story line. the forrunners were some of the smartest species in the time, if i new the story right. i thought of a way that might happen. While he was in hyper sleep, he could have went through a wormhole or something, and the wormhole was about to disappear and instead of goin somewhere else, he went back in time. i could see what you mean about the story line. i think it could work very well. i bet they will do great!!!

although it is a good idea i feel that going back in time isn't the best thing to do, bungie tried it with reach and even though i'm ok with the game i didn't really like the campaign as much as previous halos. I feel that 343i should just continue the game in present time, but you're idea was very good and i'm not saying that won't follow it, it is just more logical to continue forward in time

Yes but from the beginning we knew the story of Reach. Plus they were limited with new guns and vehicles because it was set before the series but they sorta ignored those limits and in a way made big holes in the Halo storyline. But if 343 goes back in time to the Forerunner era it would give an easy chance for them to create new weapons and vehicles without any limitations. Also it's the only way I can think of to end the series (and the Master Chief) without disappointment.

i agree whith the first guy. and at the end of halo 3 i thought he did go back. personaly i think that was happening. but who knows. and for that gint "ship" i looks like the ark. which is seen in halo legends telliporting the other rings to there locations

Is it just me or did anyone else think the thing in the advert looked like a Mass Relay from Mass Effect? (possible crossover in the fiction world?) but the time travel thing seems like it is sound. also because the Forward Unto Dawn was in slipspace when it broke appart it could have caused a time distortion like the slipspace in First Strike.

Is it just me or did anyone else think the thing in the advert looked like a Mass Relay from Mass Effect? (possible crossover in the fiction world?) but the time travel thing seems like it is sound. also because the Forward Unto Dawn was in slipspace when it broke appart it could have caused a time distortion like the slipspace in First Strike.

I was just about to mention that, but the slipspace bubble and time anomaly were part of the effect caused by the Forerunner Crystal...

OT: It's viable... But I'm hoping Gray Team makes an appearance at some point...

If any states the planet is Onyx or Onyx is going to be related to this series, I will eat your souls- Read Ghosts' again, Look at the hostile sentinels which would kill John and then look at the end of Halo Reach and see Halsey eulogising in 2589 which is around when they were released- either by working with forerunner A.Is or by the Sentinels releasing them after a set time after which the halo array signal had passed...

• 2 weeks later...

No. The moment you include Time travel into any game/story everything gets choppy, messed up and confusing. If you read the Books then you'd know that some the foreruners took an interest in the humans after the Human/forerunner war. The forerunners intended for the Humans to take their place in upholding the mantel. Just as the Forerunners took up the mantel after the Precursors. What would be Awesome is if the villains of H4 are indeed either Forerunners or the Precursors turned bad. It would rock.

• 1 month later...

No. The moment you include Time travel into any game/story everything gets choppy, messed up and confusing. If you read the Books then you'd know that some the foreruners took an interest in the humans after the Human/forerunner war. The forerunners intended for the Humans to take their place in upholding the mantel. Just as the Forerunners took up the mantel after the Precursors. What would be Awesome is if the villains of H4 are indeed either Forerunners or the Precursors turned bad. It would rock.

But I believe 343 and The Halo universe could really make time travel work.

and maby the chief still needs to fight some precursors in order to launch the first ring

I think that the planet in the advert is not a planet, but a ship of some kind, how many planets do you know of that have a massive hole that opens up (like a ship bay) when ships come near? i think that its a forerunner carrier ship that is being assaulted by the flood, trying to infect forerunners to create flood-runners lol.

I also think that it will have some important tech on board that makes it a primary target to defend/capture, then The Chief will go in there and take down the constant threat of the flood, make peace with the forerunnners, make some form of technological innovation to create his own ship (or be given one), and make some advancement in his weapon technology, and look for Onyx so that he can save Halsey and the other spartans, Halo 4 would end there, then Halo 5 would start with cheif reaching Onyx, and a whole new plotline would evolve.

Thats what i think the plotline is, but thats just a guess...

The 'planet' In Halowars did exactly as you described at the beginning of your post. It was a shield world... and every shield world has an entrance... giant bum hole or not... -lultrollfaceness-

Excellent post, some very valid information you have certainly looked into this - Wasn't trying to be rude with the post above but I was slightly annoyed that the link was so broken the only way I managed to make it work was the delete everything in the link but watch?=cvIKlm3... and then Google: Youtube watch?=..... and then up popped a comic con video.

:shok: :respect: :ball:

Oh also, im tired of these people saying this onyx stuff and crap! It better not be onyx cause that's just retarded! Also grey team is dumb too. Chief IS the last spartan so let's keep it that way.

unlees u talking bout the last spartan serving in active duty than yes technicaly u still have red team blue team and grey team

Edited by gravemind

I can see MC going back in time at the end of Halo 5 to start the series of events that lead to the firing of the first ring. He dies at the end of 6 when he lights the ring but he also ensures that the future will be safe at least for a while from the Flood... This creates a clear end to the series and keeps the universe as circular (like a halo.)

Also, Cortana is on the brink of Rampancy. Expect that to be a major factors in one of the games in the Trilogy I would guess it starts at the end of 4 and takes a major plot line in Halo 5. Chief is going to have to make a decision, I bet, at some point to either destroy Cortana or leave her behind.

Forerunners took special interest in the human race before the first Halo fired and possibly left them the clues that would help them to advance in the same way the forerunners originally did. Maybe that is that why Guilty Spark always refers to MC as a Reclaimer and why he said he was wearing class 2 instead of 12. Guilty spark remembers the Forerunners and what they looked like and how advanced their armor was. If the forerunners left that technology to the humans then Guilty Spark could easily be confused.

In the beginning the human race advanced along side the forerunners. The first Halo fired resetting everything in the universe essentially but leaving traces of the forerunner technology for the humans. Now that Humans are advancing again and history is beginning to repeat itself. MC is in class 2 armor but might be in class 12 by the end of Halo 6 when he goes back in time and fires the first ring. He might get class 12 armor from the forerunners at the beginning of 6 if he goes back in time.

I think that everything in the Halo universe is circular and the universe repeats itself over and over again. Hence the never ending loop that is a halo.

I can see MC going back in time at the end of Halo 5 to start the series of events that lead to the firing of the first ring. He dies at the end of 6 when he lights the ring but he also ensures that the future will be safe at least for a while from the Flood... This creates a clear end to the series and keeps the universe as circular (like a halo.)

Also, Cortana is on the brink of Rampancy. Expect that to be a major factors in one of the games in the Trilogy I would guess it starts at the end of 4 and takes a major plot line in Halo 5. Chief is going to have to make a decision, I bet, at some point to either destroy Cortana or leave her behind.

Forerunners took special interest in the human race before the first Halo fired and possibly left them the clues that would help them to advance in the same way the forerunners originally did. Maybe that is that why Guilty Spark always refers to MC as a Reclaimer and why he said he was wearing class 2 instead of 12. Guilty spark remembers the Forerunners and what they looked like and how advanced their armor was. If the forerunners left that technology to the humans then Guilty Spark could easily be confused.

In the beginning the human race advanced along side the forerunners. The first Halo fired resetting everything in the universe essentially but leaving traces of the forerunner technology for the humans. Now that Humans are advancing again and history is beginning to repeat itself. MC is in class 2 armor but might be in class 12 by the end of Halo 6 when he goes back in time and fires the first ring. He might get class 12 armor from the forerunners at the beginning of 6 if he goes back in time.

I think that everything in the Halo universe is circular and the universe repeats itself over and over again. Hence the never ending loop that is a halo.

That's actually pretty good. Im sure that 343 would like to use that metaphor for the series, which even further gives edge to my idea