New Halo Game: Halo Spartan Assault

For those of you who have missed it or can not accept it...........we purchased a game that was unfinished. Many purchased the LE copy and were burned when the very items they paid extra for was either given away or sold cheaply. Selling a product in that manner just to hit a sales season is greed, pure and simple. As Jester said, with such a failure with Halo 4 and players/fans wanting something else,,,,,,,MS now forces a MacIntosh or non windows phone user to buy there product if they want more! Purchasing an upgrade to Windows 8, which is already receiving serious negative feedback, can set you back $70-$200 depending on what you use and this just to be able to by the game/app. We have already invested a serious amount of money into the XBOX console, the XBL gold, the DLC and the game. I truly wonder how many of you actually purchase the games, XBL gold and consoles you play on. I live in a house with four children, 4 XBOX's, nearly 40 games (3 copies of Halo 4 as we are all fans many other games bought used), 8-10 broken headsets, 5 or 6 broken controllers, 3 PC's and 2 Macs and all the expenses in life that goes with a family. I am not upgrading to Windows 8 because I do not need it. The other PC's in the house do not need it either.

Had Halo 4 been done right and been what was promised......none of this would really matter to much as we would all be happy playing Halo with tens of thousands, if not a hundred thousand, of other players. The fact is MS and 343 deserve this scrutiny due to what happened. They basked in the glory of the phenomenal sales for how long before someone, Frank, came forward and attempted to own up to what happened? Like it or not, the franchise is owned by a corporate giant that has a history of selling product that is not complete, knowing it can be worked on with a series of updates. It has become almost common place.

I know that individual people/employees take pride in or enjoy their jobs at MS. My girlfriend and I personally know people who work for MS, they love what they do. They are not the ones responsible for forcing a release of a product to hit a sales deadline.

Also, last time I checked, Apple/Mac does not have a game console nor is a game publisher. The comparison does not work on this subject.

• Like 4

For those of you who have missed it or can not accept it...........we purchased a game that was unfinished. Many purchased the LE copy and were burned when the very items they paid extra for was either given away or sold cheaply. Selling a product in that manner just to hit a sales season is greed, pure and simple. As Jester said, with such a failure with Halo 4 and players/fans wanting something else,,,,,,,MS now forces a MacIntosh or non windows phone user to buy there product if they want more! Purchasing an upgrade to Windows 8, which is already receiving serious negative feedback, can set you back $70-$200 depending on what you use and this just to be able to by the game/app. We have already invested a serious amount of money into the XBOX console, the XBL gold, the DLC and the game. I truly wonder how many of you actually purchase the games, XBL gold and consoles you play on. I live in a house with four children, 4 XBOX's, nearly 40 games (3 copies of Halo 4 as we are all fans many other games bought used), 8-10 broken headsets, 5 or 6 broken controllers, 3 PC's and 2 Macs and all the expenses in life that goes with a family. I am not upgrading to Windows 8 because I do not need it. The other PC's in the house do not need it either.

Had Halo 4 been done right and been what was promised......none of this would really matter to much as we would all be happy playing Halo with tens of thousands, if not a hundred thousand, of other players. The fact is MS and 343 deserve this scrutiny due to what happened. They basked in the glory of the phenomenal sales for how long before someone, Frank, came forward and attempted to own up to what happened? Like it or not, the franchise is owned by a corporate giant that has a history of selling product that is not complete, knowing it can be worked on with a series of updates. It has become almost common place.

I know that individual people/employees take pride in or enjoy their jobs at MS. My girlfriend and I personally know people who work for MS, they love what they do. They are ones responsible for forcing a release of a product to hit a sales deadline.

Also, last time I checked, Apple/Mac does not have a game console nor is a game publisher. The comparison does not work on this subject.

Halo 5 might just be the thing to change that

I know that individual people/employees take pride in or enjoy their jobs at MS. My girlfriend and I personally know people who work for MS, they love what they do. They are not the ones responsible for forcing a release of a product to hit a sales deadline.

Agreed.

I am so very tired of throwing money at MS.

And sadly, even a game I have loved much more than Halo, which would be the Fable series, has declined horribly. Fable 3 was a bloody mess. None of the mechanics worked right, the story sucked, and it was incredibly limited. Then they came out with Fable, The Journey. A game that was just flat out depressing. Their are people that can only move their hands and hold a controller, who's favorite game series was Fable, and their were most unhappy to find out the next game was for Kinect only.

And you know who runs Lionheads? MS does. Always has, and probably always will.

And sadly, I read somewhere that MS decided to pull people off of Lionhead's company and put them to work elsewhere. And now with two failed games, Lionhead Studio's are left picking up the pieces and is now hiring for new people to begin another game. But they are very limited on people and need new developers to help them out. So in other words, MS has totally screwed them over. With demanding a game for Kinect only, where most people dont even own a Kinect, (which means poor sales) and with those poor sales, they now have to hire more people with those poor sales. So I can only imagine that the next game will either take a very long tome to come out, or be a very crappy game again. 

• Like 1

I won't be getting this game but to add on to a post that I read by Forum Dinosaur on the first page, this is like a more interactive version of Halo Wars. And anybody who was a fan of Halo Wars should think this looks pretty awesome. I think the gameplay could be easy to get into. This is absolutely 100% a gimmick from Microsoft to get money but they needed to sell that phone and promote Windows 8 somehow. I mean everyone getting a new laptop now a days that isn't a Mac will be getting a laptop running on Windows 8 so why not give it something that's exclusive to only its customers? It sucks for me who has an older laptop running on Windows 7 but overall this is ok. I think they should've appealed to their gaming community and fans a little more with an Arcade release but like I said, money and promotion.

Microsoft gets my thumb up. :thumbup:

Because there is no thumb sideways. Yet. And I like it more than I dislike it.

• Like 1

You all complain about it being for Windows 8? That would be fair, but did you ALL happen to forget that Microsoft pushed for the same thing with Halo 2...... Vista?

Most people had Windows XP, and Microsoft made you buy Vista to be able to play Halo 2 for the PC.

So if any of you had that game, you should be very disappointed in yourselves for hating this game for being for Windows 8 and on the mobile devices. Very disappointed.

• Like 1

most people wanna stick with windows 7 or whatever they have. Microsoft just wants everybody to buy their new windows 8 smartphone, and a windows 8 anything. Its honestly a waste of money, and for the people that have windows 8 good for you,because I know most people now a days will not go buy a 150-250$ lap top or phone,just for a game that is basicly halo wars and only has 25 levels.but but halo 2 is another story. that game was the most popular at the time being. like every time i came home from school i got on my PC and Xbox and played it all night.

Edited by Lil Dog

most people wanna stick with windows 7 or whatever they have. Microsoft just wants everybody to buy their new windows 8 smartphone, and a windows 8 anything. Its honestly a waste of money, and for the people that have windows 8 good for you,because I know most people now a days will not go buy a 150-250$ lap top or phone,just for a game that is basicly halo wars and only has 25 levels.but but halo 2 is another story. that game was the most popular at the time being. like every time i came home from school i got on my PC and Xbox and played it all night.

It's not a different story. Microsoft forced you to buy Vista which was absolutely awful to play Halo2 PC. While Windows 8 isn't that bad and they're doing the same thing which is promoting their other products which they need to sell well. Though it does cost a fair bit, so did Vista at the time. Edited by Azaxx

MODERATOR COMMENT

With all due respect to the members, piss on M$. Force players/fans to by the OS and phone just to play what is most likely another broken/unfinished game. Instead of trolling the fans of Halo for money, maybe M$ ought to actually make something actually work right.

microsoft%20tax%20copy.jpg

Well said AD.