New Halo Game: Halo Spartan Assault

Source

Available only for Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8, "Halo: Spartan Assault" is a new top-down action shooter that brings a "Halo" video game to touch-based devices for the first time in franchise history. Developed by 343 Industries in conjunction with Vanguard Games, "Halo: Spartan Assault" provides an accessible, pick-up-and-play experience for fans and newcomers alike.
Set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," "Halo: Spartan Assault" is a new chapter of the award-winning "Halo" universe that explores the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and dives deeper into the backstory of Human-Covenant wars. Play through the eyes of either Commander Sarah Palmer or Spartan Davis stationed aboard the UNSC Infinity as they fight never-before-seen battles against Covenant forces.
With rich storytelling, intuitive controls, and best-in-class action, audio and graphics, "Halo: Spartan Assault" brings the epic scale and action of the "Halo" universe to mobile devices through unrivaled action and intensity.

DEVELOPER
343 Industries and Vanguard Games

PUBLISHER
Microsoft Studios

GENRE
Top Down Shooter

RELEASE DATE
Coming July 2013

PLATFORMS
Windows 8, Windows Phone 8

PLAYERS

Original "Halo" gameplay. An action-packed, single-player campaign spanning 25 missions in battles never before experienced in the Halo Universe, all played from a top-down camera view
New and immersive storyline. An original story set between the events of "Halo 3" and "Halo 4," experience a new war with the Covenant, the first missions of the Spartan Ops program and the rise of Commander Sarah Palmer, all with best-in-class graphics and audio
Built for simplicity. A unique fusion of touch and consolelike controls for easy pick-up-and-play gaming, with the added flexibility of keyboard and mouse controls on Windows 8 PCs and tablets2
Integration with "Halo 4." Earn experience points (XP), all-new Achievements, and unlock emblems for your "Halo 4" Spartan career, with additional integration features available after launch
Nonstop competitive fun. Compete against friends in Leaderboards or hone your skills against an onslaught of Weekly Challenges while collecting more than 40 in-game Achievements and Medals
In-app purchases. Grind to earn upgrades or speed up your training by purchasing credits for boosts, unique weapons or armor abilities
Only on Windows. Available only on Windows 8 PCs and tablets and Windows Phone 8 devices.

Im BAck Jack!

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 3

MODERATOR COMMENT

With all due respect to the members, piss on M$. Force players/fans to by the OS and phone just to play what is most likely another broken/unfinished game. Instead of trolling the fans of Halo for money, maybe M$ ought to actually make something actually work right.

microsoft%20tax%20copy.jpg

• Like 8

MODERATOR COMMENT

With all due respect to the members, piss on M$. Force players/fans to by the OS and phone just to play what is most likely another broken/unfinished game. Instead of trolling the fans of Halo for money, maybe M$ ought to actually make something actually work right.

LOL that made my day! lol

MODERATOR COMMENT

Don't be so quick to judge, it could end up being a good game. I understand it is unfair for those who don't have Windows Phone 8 or Windows 8, but that doesn't mean it will be unfinished. It looks like a better version of Halo Wars. I will most likely buy this. 

IF the game is a success, it will be great for getting the Windows products more popular. Halo 3 was pretty much what sold the Xbox 360. Windows Phone needs something to make it stand out, and this could be it. Besides, I doubt anyone without Windows products will be missing out on too much.

• Like 1

I understand it being only for microsoft's windows because its Halo. Halo has always been a Microsoft exclusive and they've just shown that they plan to keep it that way. I like the way the game looks. Now I just have to find a way to get something that runs on windows 8.

• Like 2

Looks good...

But I would of rather seen 

THIS

Become a reality...

(If it had that good of graphics for a original DS system... Imagine it built for the new model 3DS's!)

• Like 3

this looks sick and awesome I'm looking forward for this the graphics also look amazing, one more thing if this is a hit then maybe 343 will start finally thinking of putting past halo games on the PC

MODERATOR COMMENT

also i can see how you would judge so quickly i in my head think this is going to blow but you never know

this looks sick and awesome I'm looking forward for this the graphics also look amazing, one more thing if this is a hit then maybe 343 will start finally thinking of putting past halo games on the PC

also i can see how you would judge so quickly i in my head think this is going to blow but you never know

even if the game does go very good its still all for greed

• Like 1

Here's the saddest part: If 343 had spent the time spent on this game and put it into Halo 4, imagine all the problems and things that could had been fixed and shipped with Halo 4, not to mention fix mistakes within the first couple of months. But no, they decide to make a phone game: It's okay, but seriously, fix a major game first, not a minor game. Many business models would prove this to be aa bad decision by M$. I understand "everyone" would go get Halo 4, but you need people to stay with a major game for more than a month or two. That's where you get the real bucks from DLC, and getting more friends to play it.

• Like 3

I think it's fine, I had about enough of people complaining about no Halo on the PC. This is what they get and reactions like this pretty much turn me off. You get what you ask, may not be what you wanted. But you certainly got it for the PC.
  • Like 1

I think it's fine, I had about enough of people complaining about no Halo on the PC. This is what they get and reactions like this pretty much turn me off. You get what you ask, may not be what you wanted. But you certainly got it for the PC.

yea only for rich people that can afford windows 8 though

yea only for rich people that can afford windows 8 though

It hardly costs much, and in any case, people bought Windows Vista to just play Halo2. So I don't see how that is an issue in any way possible.

Running it on Windows 7 will likely be very possible without modifications made to the dll or executable files.  DirectX has no advantage on Windows 8, over Windows 7.  Both run DX up to and including 11.  Usually the dx runtime or .net framework is the issue that causes certain titles not to be playable on certain OS's, like what we saw with Halo 2 Vista.

Overall I'm not impressed, but who would be.  It is most likely 343i was used as a consultant to Vanguard and probably contributed very little to the game itself.  Kinda like how CI handles the multiplayer maps and shiz for 343i.  But for anyone to really complain about getting a Halo game on the PC, realize this... THIS IS THE SECOND ANNOUNCED HALO GAME COMING TO A PC THIS YEAR!  We are getting this and Bootcamp, which we will see firsthand next week at E3.  It's a stretch to go onto say that these projects took away from Halo 4.  They worked with what the console could produce and the time frame they were given.  Is it right that we got what we got?  No.  Is there anything they could do about it?  Maybe, but you can't say 100%.  I say, be happy with what we are getting.  This could be the 2 titles that (if they hit or miss) dictate whether or not we get future Halo PC investments.

• Like 3

They are just accommodating the casual gaming demographic, the majority. The reality is Hard Core gamers are the minority of gamers now and are the ones who will pissed about this.

I honestly will get this if it is release for Windows 7, screw 8.

It will be interesting to see how this year plays out, we are on the pinnacle of a new age of gaming. Not a new generation but a new age and the choices both the industry and the consumers make now are positioned to set the standards and the practices for some time to come.

This is all my opinion but as I said, it will be interesting to see how this year plays out.

I wish there was a dislike button on all posts. I would use that a lot in terms of Halo: Spartan Assault. Microsoft and 343i are not greedy demons, they are people, people who enjoy what they do to try making people happy. As long as they made at least one person happy with this game (They already have) then in my book, they succeeded. Also, there seems to be more people who dislike 343i on this site than there are who do. Kinda annoys me... In the end, it's a video game developer. Not a god.

On a side note, Hotdog, I feel like you sided with AD because he is a moderator... If you truly have a different opinion, don't feel as if you have to follow in another persons footsteps... I only mention this because it usually seems as if you feel the need to defend any opinion that comes from the mouth of authority... No offense. No offense to anyone whatsoever.

Just to be clear, I respect you AD, I always have. I just strongly disagree with your opinion on this thread.

Edited by Forum Dinosaur
  • Like 1

I don't get how people give MS crap for using a good selling exclusive title they own to help promote thier product/platform when every time Apple invents a new way to resell the same device or a new thing to further pimp people into being tied to thier products its the best thing since sliced bread...

• Like 1

I don't get how people give MS crap for using a good selling exclusive title they own to help promote thier product/platform when every time Apple invents a new way to resell the same device or a new thing to further pimp people into being tied to thier products its the best thing since sliced bread...

I have to agree with you on that. Lol. Microsoft does get more trash than Apple.

Even though Apple just gives every new product a single upgrade

Then adds another upgrade on the next model. -_-

The issue with this game is gamers are starved of Halo, H4 lets face it is broke, so with people wanting a filler till H5, MS release Spartan Assault, then they tie it to W8??? No XBLA release? Then blow me MS, I have W8 but won't be getting this. We get stiffed on H4 with an unfinished game, then this! You may think my comments are wrong, but as its my opinion then it isn't.

Can't wait for E3 to see what other TV channels Xboner has on it! RIP Console Gaming

• Like 3

Well, I can see that I am not the only person severely unhappy about this. I am not going with the next xbox console, whatsoever. Forget it. I will be finding something else entirely.