PS4 'First And Foremost' A Gaming Console

kaz%2Bhirai.jpg

With Microsoft and Sony both announcing their next generation consoles, we're already starting to see the competition between the two developing companies over the better console naturally.

"The PS4 is a great video game console that appeals to video gamers."

- Kaz Hirai.

At D11, Sony CEO Kazuo Hirai told reporters that this was significant because they wanted to convey the message that the PS4 was mainly made for video gamers. Hirai did say that Sony would be showing off more of the features that are not focused on video gaming but that it would come later. We have a big E3 to look forward to this year. Kaz Hirai would like the Gaming Community to know that, "...[The PS4 is] first and foremost a video game console."1

So far, Microsoft has shown the Xbox One to be a family entertainment, full living room experience. It showed more focus on its features that were not gaming.

Sony on the other hand, presented many game demos for the PlayStation 4 and put the focus on the gaming. So the question is, who's doing it better?

ps4%2Bpic%2Bfor%2Barticle.png

1 - Soure - The Verge

This post has been promoted to an article
  • Like 1

Since Sony wants to appeal more to gamers, then I think one big part of it should be it's graphics...

While M$ focuses on Media, Sony can focus on making the PS4's graphics a notch (or two) above the Xbox One. That alone would make me buy a PS4.

The way I see it the problem isn't the consoles it's the industry as a whole. Video games aren't regarded as art because in most cases they are created as a product not as a form of expression which is what art is. In my opinion we don't need a new console yet it is much to early. All that is going to change will be the graphics and we will get some nice TV/Netflix kind of stuff. Sony is marketing towards a video game audience only because Microsoft is marketing towards the Netflix/Youtube crowd. I don't plan on buying a new console there are plenty of old games out there that will entertain me for at least another decade.

• Like 3

The way I see it the problem isn't the consoles it's the industry as a whole. Video games aren't regarded as art because in most cases they are created as a product not as a form of expression which is what art is. In my opinion we don't need a new console yet it is much to early. All that is going to change will be the graphics and we will get some nice TV/Netflix kind of stuff. Sony is marketing towards a video game audience only because Microsoft is marketing towards the Netflix/Youtube crowd. I don't plan on buying a new console there are plenty of old games out there that will entertain me for at least another decade.

Also a good idea. I mean for the first 4 years at least their gonna make all the games for new and old generation consoles. So no rush really.

Man. This really...really sucks. Xbox better pull a miracle out of it's butt if they want gamers to purchase. I am stuck between Halo and playing with my friends on other games as well...

• Like 1

Almost everyone didn't know that Microsoft specifically said that they weren't showing much on gaming in their opening showcase, and e3 would be filled with gaming so we can just be focused on software in one place.

But as for a first showcase, Sony definitely beat MS.