Greetings everyone! I thought I'd share a map of mine I originally created in Halo: Reach (it's still there in my Reach File share I believe if anyone wants to see the original) which is called "Rockery". I'm hoping to get some input/advice on how the map plays and if there are any ways to improve it.

I designed this map with the sole purpose of its aesthetic being completely natural, apart from the structure that the centre of the map, thus with all the rocks used, I dubbed the map "Rockery".

Rockery's a medium to small style of map, the map itself is also a bit of a hybrid, as it supports Competitive Slayer, from Team Slayer to Free for All/Regicide, but it also supports Oddball and KOTH as Objective game types.

And so onto the meaty business of the details with some pictures included:

Map Name: Rockery

File Share: Rockery

File Share Gamertag: RECEPTOR 17

Canvas Map: Forge Island

Last Updated: 05-18-2013

Supported Gametypes: Team Slayer, Slayer FFA, Oddball, Regicide, King of the Hill

Best Gametypes: Team Slayer, Oddball, Regicide

Intended Team Sizes: 4v4 + 5v5 (Can do 6v6)

Initial Ordnance:

2x Needler (180 Respawn)

1x Rocket Launcher (240 Respawn)

2x Pulse Grenade (100 Respawn)

1x Sticky Detonator (200 Respawn)

2x Frag Grenade (90 Repsawn)

2x Plasma Grenade (120 Respawn)

1x Gravity Hammer (200 Respawn)

1x Railgun (240 Respawn)

1x Concussion Rifle (180 Respawn)

Random Ordnance:

N/A

Weapons on Map:

1x Lightrifle (60 Respawn)

2x Surpressor (90 Respawn)

1x Carbine (60 Respawn)

Budget: 5570/10000

Screenshots:

Rockery High

RockeryHigh_zps1ec07ba1.jpg

Rockery's Base

RockeryBase_zps5696bfd8.jpg

Map Flythrough/Overview Link: Rockery Runthrough

Map Description:

A RECEPTOR and Wetz original. Close-combat oriented Wargames are played out in this natural arena.

The map is made Watertight via a Safe Zone cordoning off the playing area of the Map, along with Rock Walling, which blocks off the rest of the Island the Map is built upon. There are Fusion Coils also placed around the central base, to help ensure nobody controls the centre of the Map for the duration of the game.

+*+*+*+

And that's that! I'd greatly welcome any constructive comments/suggestions on how the map plays and if there are ways to improve the gameplay etc.

Thanks for reading and I look forwards to reading what responses you have! :)

17 out.

I'll have to check this out sometime. Have you tested it much so far?

Thanks DoctorB77, yeah I've had a number of games played on this with friends from a group I'm a part of, although the majority were FFA based. It's had a couple of tweaks since its Halo 4 creation, focusing mainly on Weapon Spawns and Respawns so it's been given a bit of a run around so that any major kinks have been dealt with.