Halo - Arcoast Tides [Game Thread]

Is not JL

OOC: I still don't know where this is.

IC: Examus

Scoped in, Examus examined the situation. Two groups of Jackals were flanking, while the squadron of grunts jiggled around anxiously. Examus guessed that they had ordnance and it was ready to blow. One of them moved, and started to talk into a device.

'Execution engaged', Examus muttered inside his helmet, then activated a gravitational field around him, powered by the suit's Forerunner based fusion reactor.

He started to move.

The grunt nodded, then a few seconds later - too long if it were to just switch frequencies from base - the Jackal was talking into his radio as well. Examus wondered if there was a human or Sangheili squadron as well around as he slowly walked downhill. Probably the latter, with their damned cloaks. The Jackal nodded, and then a massive boom took place. Examus continued to walk downhill, ignoring it, and took aim at the Jackals. Right now they proved more dangerous to the Insurrectionists. 

Dust, dirt and shrapnel rose from the ground, and the first shots were fired by the Jackals. Examus smiled, and fired his light rifle. Now, he was no longer keeping himself hidden. One headshot....two headshots.....three headshots. Three of the Jackals fell, having been unaware of him behind them. When the dust cleared, he took cover, prone, and instantly rained fire upon all the Jackals, smiling.

Of course, with the rocks around, he could continue firing like this, but all he did was wait. He wanted close combat. He wanted it, now. It was the only way he could use his weapon and he wanted to use his weapon.

Enough with the cannon fodder. Let me face a real enemy!

[ Patton is a fully intergrated unit. Patton 1 is just commanded by a jackal. Every species is represented in Patton Company.]

Ty arrived 3 minutes after the initial Ambush that wiped out a decent portion of the insurrectionists.

His troops were fighting bravely as usual, but some had been killed.

Ty pulled on his Black Baseball cap, with the MMS logo on the front, and moved along the tree line behind Patton 1's line.

He took a knee, and brought his Suppressed M-8A to his shoulder.

There was a small squad of insurrectionists that had worked their way behind Patton 1, and had taken cover in a small ditch. Ty controlled his breathing and silently dispatched them before they could even react.

He activated his Cloak, and moved to support Lightbringer 1.

OOC: Yeah I still don't know where this takes place

IC: Examus - Where this takes place

Just then, hardlight zipped through two grunt's heads, cutting through the skulls. And if Tyler had the brains, he'd be able to tell - that could not have come from the Insurrectionists.

[Oh... it's in the Frost zone. a forested region, specifically. A few miles from MMS's base.]

Ty ducked down as hardlight rounds whizzed through the air.

"S---!"

Ty flipped on his radio.

"All Companies! I have Hardlight rounds coming from an unknown location! keep your heads down and your guns ready! watch your flanks!"

He slipped through the trees and moved toward the Location of Lightbringer 1, ducking behind a fallen tree before uncloaking.

"Kal? You around?"

A Sangheli uncloaked right next to him.

"Yes."

"Gah! don't do that!"

"Sorry, I love the look of fear on a human's face."

"Right.... Your guys in position?"

"Yes."

"Alright, get them moving in cloak. start choppin''em down."

"Yes sir."

Kal cloaked and moved off, leaving Ty alone. He peeked up over the trunk of the tree and looked through his rifle's red dot sight.

"where the hell are those hardlight rounds coming from?"

He aimed, and fired again, and whacked a Jackal in the eye. Immediately, a carbine and nato round came flying beside his head and he dropped down. 

'So they finally realize,' He muttered to himself, then looked around. There was a big rock to his left, closer to where Lightbringer was. Using gravitational fields, he pushed himself over with a slight barrel roll, covering more distance than any normal thruster pack could.

He rose, and fired again, smacking another grunt down with three fast body shots. The grunt spun as he fell, tightly clutching it's plasma pistol, and the dead grunt accidentally killed the buddy next to it with a burn through the throat.

[The grunts are using Fifty-seveNs, They're refurbished Human pistols. Just something to bear in mind.]

"Alright... I see ya...."

Ty shouldered his rifle, and took aim at the Human holding a lightrifle.

"I'd like to ask to ask you a few questions laddie..."

He fired a burst at his legs, hoping to disable him.

IC: Examus - Frost Zone

The sound of a burst echoed, and for a second Examus' shields flared. He smiled as he ducked back into cover, and then, once recharged, simply started walking to the next piece of cover in between to path from him to Ty, firing his light rifle all the way.

Now there's a person who I could torture!

Ty cloaked quickly, and moved to another position,hoping to throw off the rapidly approaching Enemy.

"Lightbringer!" He said in a hushed tone. "I'm engaging an unknown enemy! I don't think it's an insurrectionist. Can you send three guys my way?"

"They'll be there in a minute. Try not to die."

"Thanks for the vote of confidence, D---"

Ty slipped into cover behind a tree and reloaded.

"Ok... He's got shields. So.... damn it.... uh......" Ty glanced around looking for something he could use to his advantage.

"There...." There was a small cave in the side of the hill.

Ty uncloaked, and jogged over, making sure to fire a few shots at his enemy to get his attention, before running in the cave.

He stopped at the entrance, and set a small explosive charge. It wouldn't kill him, but if it went to plan, his shielding would be fried by the Plasma-conventional combo, And they wouldn't recharge without repairs.

Ty moved to the back of the cave, and crouched down, Detonator in hand.

"S--- I hope this works.... Otherwise I'm trapped..."

Examus ducked from the fire Ty gave as he ran uncloaked - straight into a cave. A trap, Examus instantly thought, although he didn't know what type. He weighed his options, then shrugged. He'd keep an eye out for his back, but still, he needed to protect the innies.

It's not like they were insulting him or anything.

He turned, ignorant to the Sangheili approaching as he fired a trio of bursts, taking down yet a few more Jackals, Kigyar and a human.

Ty waited about thirty seconds before deciding his pursuer had him figured out. He walked out of the cave, and re-cloaked, taking the demo-charge with him.

"All units!" Ty yelled into his radio. "Set off your remaining charges and fall back! we're cutting our loses!"

He received scattered confirmation over the radio, and he headed over to support his teams retreat.

"Jubyur, fall back and set charges! we're gonna leapfrog back to Rally point Alpha! if they want to follow us, make 'em pay for it!"

"Yes Sir! More booms! Lots more booms!!"

[ <_< You're rubbing on borderline Meta-gaming JL... I'll take it for now, but ease up a tad.]

Ty started to draw fire from the Innie's, Holding them off as his troops got away. He'd draw as much fire to one location as he could, before cloaking and moving another spot, and taking out some as they fired at his last position.

He ducked down behind a fallen tree as they shifted fire to him again, and reloaded.

"Damn... low on ammo..."

He kicked on his radio.

"Lightbringer? you guys still out there?"

"Negative. we've already reached the rally point. all teams are accounted for. Moderate losses on all teams, save ours."

"Damn it... Return to base and get everyone patched up. I'll lose these guys, and we'll lock down our S---. I want all of Meteor Company at full readiness. If they find us, we're putting them down hard."

"Affirmative. see you soon."

Ty slid along the ground, moving to the edge of his cover.

"Alright... let's do some misdirection..."

He cloaked again, and dashed out of cover, moving away from his H.Q., out toward the Desert zone. Every few feet he'd stop, and toss a few frags to get their attention, drawing the Insurrectionists away from his base.

Suddenly, he noticed the Innies firing upon what seemed to be a rock. He stared, intrigued, but then saw a soldier uncloak and fire back at all the unfortunate soldiers who had been shooting at the wrong locale.

Cloaking huh....he though, then slowly walked towards that being, taking note of any and all footsteps in the snow, or the slight movement of dirt and gravel. This was, after all, the frost zone.

Ty smirked to himself.

"Yeah, keep coming... keep following me..."

He uncloaked, and ducked behind a tree. His M-8A was empty, so he slung it across his back, and drew his Fifty-seveN Handgun. He stopped to catch his breath for a bit, before cloaking, and moving up towards higher ground. He hoped the mountain snow would be frozen over to hide his tracks, otherwise he'd have a hell of a time trying to lose them.

• 2 weeks later...

IC: Examus could tell that Tyler was moving to higher ground. What he couldn't tell was where. His suit didn't have heat-sensors, and it definitely didn't have residual heat sensors. It was a trap, but Examus continued walking. He had faith in himself, in his armor, and - with all the snow around him - his ability to create his own cover.

Ty had made it to the border of the Frost zone and Desert zone. It had always confounded him how these two areas existed so close together.

He started into the desert, in the direction of one of his Rendezvous points. He fired up his radio.

"Command, this is MacMillan, dispatch Skyfury 1-1 to RP Foxtrot. I might need to make a quick exit."

"Roger, sir. Scrambling them now."

Edited by D-38 Boss

• 1 month later...

IC:

Supplies? Examus had enough.

Energy? He didn't waste that much in the first place, so that was fine.

Prey? In front of him. He continued, following whatever tracks and telltales were available. Ever since he'd been trained as an ODST, he's been trained to hunt, albeit in a different manner than that he was doing now. The ability to know where to go was very powerful - when, where, why, were things that you'd learn in both english classes and in classes that teach you how to shoot guns and fight with knives. 

The rise in height suddenly changed as he reached a flatter area of the mountain; from his vantage point, he could see the desert zone in front. For the most part, he wasn't weary; bases of the UNSC could be set up and fortified in seconds, so in a way he wouldn't be trekking into absolutely nothing. The same with the Covenant. But the one thing that annoyed him was the fact that, in the desert....

One couldn't track heat signatures.

Skyfury 1-1 was waiting in the Desert sector, circling his refurbished Falcon over the rendezvous point. His instructions were to wait an hour, and then return to base, with or without the Commander.

Ty trekked through the desert as fast as his legs and the loose sand would let him. He had 15 minutes to spare to get to the RP. plenty of time as he approached, seeing Skyfury 1-1 circling above.

"Skyfury 1-1, I am approaching the RP, bring 'er down."

IC

Examus followed for just a little bit more till he, two, was in the desert. However, by then, the fast travelling wind and big heat only prevented tracking, and the desert dunes were just much more......blocking.

He turned, backtracking to where he could await extraction, to head out for another day......