WHY HAVE I NOT SEEN THESE UNTIL NOW? Post the available ones in our submission forums for download!

I thought instead of making a new thread for each map, I'd have them all in one neat package! This was back when I first got here and wanted THFE to feature some of my older (and much much worse) work. Maybe I should make a new master thread which shows off my available maps! :hrhr:

I thought instead of making a new thread for each map, I'd have them all in one neat package under the same thread! This was back when I first got here and wanted THFE to feature some of my older (and much much worse) work.

Just realized you drew the face onto Vash's face in your profile pic.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway alright that's fine, I think they'd get seen more out in our Submission Forums although it probably would be a pain in the butt to keep posting every time you made a new one because I see now that you Forge quite often.

Just realized you drew the face onto Vash's face in your profile pic.... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Anyway alright that's fine, I think they'd get seen more out in our Submission Forums although it probably would be a pain in the butt to keep posting every time you made a new one because I see now that you Forge quite often.

I couldn't resist implementing the face into a profile picture somehow. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I hit the forge on and off, although I've been getting back in the groove within the past couple weeks. I hope to have some of these maps show up in playdates in the future (ones that I'm not hosting that is XD), and I'll also have a couple of test runs randomly.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, I got a terrific new map for you!

It is nothing short of revolutionary in its design, and has been a work in progress for quite some time.

I've been toiling away since I first joined this site to send my previous work out of the water... and I've put a lot of effort into it to make this map blow all other maps ever created out of the drink too!

I have put my heart and soul into it, as well as a few other people's hearts and souls too... I think they're clones... I hope they are. If not... well, never mind.

I put all of my geometry skills to the test, and all of my building prowess and my nose to the grindstone.

I broke several controllers in the process of making this map.

My copy of Halo 4 melted while building this.

My shelf nearly burned down thanks to my Xbox overheating.

Seriously, this map...

...is...

...amazing.

post-71046-0-63668400-1396398604.png

It's basically dodgeball only you can't directly hit your opponents. Instead you have to throw grenades over a wall! Ordnance appears every 5 seconds, with two of every type of grenade appearing. You have Promethean Vision so you can get a rough idea of where to start spamming grenades.

post-71046-0-96943000-1396398610.png

I call it Fort Leonard. You play Lenny Slayer there. It's beautiful, ain't it? And just remember, things aren't always what they seem...

APRIL FOOL'S!

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Like 3

Maestro, your maps have my vote for forger of the week. Drizzy likes to choose aesthetic. And well, some of them deserve a great reward. Just do me a favour first... Don't ask fishy if it's fishy that a guy named fishy sent you a friend request ever again. I hate calling things fishy thanks to BZ...

Great maps, again.

• Like 1

To celebrate a year of me being here, I've got a present for you! Would you believe I finally took a stab at making a Slayer map? I know, I can't believe it either... the Minigame Man making a Slayer map? Well, there will be an updated version coming up with weapons placed around the map. But for now, I have some ordnance in place.

I call it... SYNERGETIC RS

post-71046-0-87448200-1396833678.png

About the map itself... I didn't want to build a sprawling flat Slayer map, so I built a tall one instead. The structure is composed of four floors, with two initial spawn points per floor except the top floor. This map is designed for 2-6 players, meaning it's great for FFA or a small squad-on-squad brawl. On the bottom floor, you can find two jetpacks.

post-71046-0-95614000-1396833685.png

It is symmetrical in its layout, with a multitude of directions to go between floors. There will be at least two routes up and two routes down, unless you're on the top or bottom floors. And of course, there are also shortcuts to be used by those who use jetpacks or use good ol' gravity to reach paths on other floors. Just remember that it's not the fall that'll kill you, it's the landing.

post-71046-0-52813000-1396833692.png

Since this was initially designed with the Minigame Toolkit, the strut pieces between the station core pieces and the railing beside the holes to the bottom floor will show up in regular Slayer. When played with the Minigame Toolkit, they will not show up. These strut pieces prevent players from getting crushed between the rotating bars on the cores and the railing. If you remove those struts, you will die.

post-71046-0-29968100-1396833698.png

The automated turrets in this picture have since been removed due to a lack of functionality in gametypes outside of Dominion. Also, grenades spawn in ordnance form surrounding the atrium seen here.

The name itself refers to the name of the original map, Synergy. Synergy's an incomplete team battle map where one player on each team is capable of controlling a large bridge to enable your teammates to get to weapon caches, or to prevent the enemy from heisting your flag. Instead of finishing Synergy, I made the static map Synergetic.

post-71046-0-92601500-1396833703.png

The top floor is sparse in cover due to the presence of a power weapon or powerup. In this version, a Damage Boost or an Overshield will appear in the middle of the glass circle.

As for the RS in the name, that stands for... REDNECK SELECTION. That's right, if you went to my birthday bash back in February to witness the creation of the Redneck Selection gametype, this map is fully compatible with it! So dust off yer shotguns an' scattershots, tune yer banjos, and get huntin'!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

INCOMING CODEC CALL

COLONEL: Snake, you have been called in to succeed where others have failed.

SNAKE: What's my first objective?

COLONEL: We need you to infiltrate Shadow Ravine Island. Intel suggests that a war machine known as Halo Gear is being built here.

SNAKE: Halo Gear? Isn't that a rip-off of Metal Gear?

COLONEL: It is. And yet, it's much more dangerous than any Metal Gear ever built. Halo Gear is a machine capable of moving Halo rings around the galaxy.

SNAKE: What's a Halo ring?

COLONEL: A Halo ring is a weapon capable of destroying all sentient life within 25,000 light years of its location.

SNAKE: 25,000 light years?!

COLONEL: That's right. You must stop its construction by any means necessary!

post-71046-0-59845100-1401852329_thumb.jpg

post-71046-0-24535700-1401852337_thumb.jpg

post-71046-0-04606500-1401852344_thumb.jpg

COLONEL: Using visual data collected from Recon's initial outing, the entrances to the base on Shadow Ravine Island are highly fortified. They are guarded by at least one automatic turret, highly skilled soldiers, shields, and camouflage inhibitors.

post-71046-0-34784000-1401852341_thumb.jpg

COLONEL: You will begin here, at Recon's last base camp. Fortunately, the terrorists in Shadow Ravine haven't raided it, or even found its location.

SNAKE: It's on a cliff. That could be a bit of a problem.

post-71046-0-42224100-1401852348_thumb.jpg

COLONEL: There is a waterfall which leads down to the ground. Tread carefully, and dive into the water below. It will cushion your fall to an extent.

post-71046-0-12505500-1401852327_thumb.jpg

COLONEL: Use whatever supplies you may find there wisely. Any weapons available should be used for more than just dispatching guards. Recon believed that the Incineration Cannon could destroy shield generators located above the entrance gates, and a pinpoint weapon could destroy camouflage inhibitors with ease.

SNAKE: In your previous images showing the entrances, I could see some sort of nodes.

COLONEL: Recon said they were camouflage inhibitors.

SNAKE: And where are the shield generators?

COLONEL: We believe they are hidden behind the barriers above the gates. However, Recon could not get a clear image of them. The Incineration Cannon's scattering ability can inflict enough splash damage to destroy any machinery that may be hidden behind those barriers. A second shield protects each gate from crossfire. The source of these shields has not been located.

SNAKE: Would I still be able to walk through?

COLONEL: A double agent we have in Shadow Ravine told us that the interior shield prevents enemies from walking in. The exterior shield only blocks projectiles.

post-71046-0-85698800-1401852334_thumb.jpg

post-71046-0-38684100-1401852351_thumb.jpg

COLONEL: These are the last known images of Recon team we've seen... they haven't radioed in for two months now. We're counting on you, Snake. Infiltrate Shadow Ravine Island. Destroy Halo Gear!

This is HALO GEAR SOLID, a blast from my forging past! It has been rebuilt from the ground up, with an entirely new structure, objective, and gametype!

The structure is composed of three large bridges linking each gate together on the outside of the base. On this bridge, there are weapons and armour abilities available for either team to use, although red team is more likely to reach them first. There are two grav lifts leading up, and two teleporters leading to the top.

Instead of using an Extraction variant like the original Halo Gear Solid, this one uses a modded variant of King of the Hill. The mod simply allows usage of the parent-child attach labels, as well as the ability to hide objects. Also, this map is the first of a pack of maps. I have yet to determine how many maps will be in this pack. The next one will be inside Shadow Ravine.

The gametype itself has also been entirely reworked. The red team is no longer an invincible horde of monsters who can kill blue team with ease. They still cannot use their radar, which encourages them to keep their eyes peeled. They have camouflage inhibitors to help, as well as auto turrets to alert them to enemies.

However, blue team needs to watch their step. Despite the repertoire of tools at their disposal, success is not guaranteed. Teamwork is pivotal, as well as using their tools wisely. Each armour ability fills a different niche, from observing guards (Promethean Vision) to distracting (Hologram) to healing (Regeneration Field). They do not have good camouflage, but rather have poor camouflage. Patience is required to succeed!

Also, the colonel himself can watch the action and call blue team. If you have an odd number of players, one player can go on YELLOW team and observe the action from up high with a Beam Rifle. They cannot inflict damage or be killed, but can warn blue team of any threats nearby.

I'd recommend playing it with at least 8 players, even though the description of the map says 12.

Here's the map and the gametype.

And with that... I evolve to silver. Goodbye purple. I'll miss you.  :cray:

• Like 6

I want a playdate featuring all of Maestro's Maps (especially this latest one) in celebration of him being Dedicated. Congrats buddy! You deserve it! :awesome:

Let's just say that's within the realm of possibility in the near future...

• Like 1