Dragon Ball Z Thread

Fishy

I have seen we have a Dragon Ball forum, but I was thinking we needed one dedicated to Dragon Ball Z, since it is the best of the titles, imo.

Lets use this thread for anything DBZ related, shall we? I've noticed we've started getting a bunch of DragonBall fans on the forums, and I thought "Why not?" so this is the thread I have decided to start.

I'm going to start off with the part where Cell messes up Gohan's arm.

i remember this show. and i have also noticed that there have been a few DBZ fans appearing everywhere. any ways even though i never got into this show i still like it. i watch it when I'm sick or in a hotel. any ways i was mainly here to say a fact and who my favorite character has always been. my favorite character has been the bald kid. (and on my school computer i has blocked the image on my computer but only if it is pasted so i don't know if it worked and you guys can't see it or not so tell me if you can)

Then the fun fact about this that i have is... you know the kid with the purple hair? the voice of him is a girl. yes i know it's common but she has also done other guy voices. she is most famous for being known as the voice of Lust from full metal alchemist.

oh and i would have posted images of the people I'm talking about but no the site won't allow me to use the image extension. when i know other people use it

• Like 1

i remember this show. and i have also noticed that there have been a few DBZ fans appearing everywhere. any ways even though i never got into this show i still like it. i watch it when I'm sick or in a hotel. any ways i was mainly here to say a fact and who my favorite character has always been. my favorite character has been the bald kid. (and on my school computer i has blocked the image on my computer but only if it is pasted so i don't know if it worked and you guys can't see it or not so tell me if you can)

Then the fun fact about this that i have is... you know the kid with the purple hair? the voice of him is a girl. yes i know it's common but she has also done other guy voices. she is most famous for being known as the voice of Lust from full metal alchemist.

oh and i would have posted images of the people I'm talking about but no the site won't allow me to use the image extension. when i know other people use it

Purple hair? Or purple crystal orb thing embedded into head, cuz that's Frieza. He's an alien, and yes, his voice actor is a girl. Frieza does sound like a 100 year old lady xD. Anyway, lol, moving on. This "bald" kid, there's about three. Tien Shinhan (shortened to Tien). Then, another bald guy is Kuririn, or can be spelled "Krillin". The last bald guy, is Chiatzu, he's this little tiny pale guy with round eyes, and is freakin girly, in terms of voice. Kuririn has six dots on his head, and is animated in a way where no white takes up part of his eye, at ALL. :D Then, Tien, the third bald guy. He has a third eye on his forehead. Hope that helped haloman!! xD

And when did he say that?

I got that from an unofficial source. Basically, heard it somewhere. But I'm not absolutely sure on that. Sorry, I should have been less vague there! :D

• Like 1

it really did help thank you so much. the kid i mean is kuirin. oh and one more thing my second favorite character was BA.i had no idea what his name was. but he was an alien that crashed on the planet by  this person with a fat monster thing that was pink and couldn't talk. this very white alien with red eyes had one move. turning its enemies into chocolate and it gave him its powers. that's what the alien did and swallowed the pink thing and became pink himself. got quite powerful and killed other people and took their powers and then in the season fanally he was almost unstoppable and goku and pikalo stopped him. then last but not least my third favorite character is pikalo

it really did help thank you so much. the kid i mean is kuirin. oh and one more thing my second favorite character was BA.i had no idea what his name was. but he was an alien that crashed on the planet by  this person with a fat monster thing that was pink and couldn't talk. this very white alien with red eyes had one move. turning its enemies into chocolate and it gave him its powers. that's what the alien did and swallowed the pink thing and became pink himself. got quite powerful and killed other people and took their powers and then in the season fanally he was almost unstoppable and goku and pikalo stopped him. then last but not least my third favorite character is pikalo

This pink blob you speak of is named Buu, and if I remember correctly the Fat one was good (and was named Majin buu), and the White one was evil, and when the white one ate Majin Buu they became a physically fit Buu, and after like 3 other transformations he became Kid Buu... and then got blown up by a spirit bomb... :D

• Like 1

This pink blob you speak of is named Buu, and if I remember correctly the Fat one was good (and was named Majin buu), and the White one was evil, and when the white one ate Majin Buu they became a physically fit Buu, and after like 3 other transformations he became Kid Buu... and then got blown up by a spirit bomb... :D

yes exactly thank you. you guys are good at helping me know about DBZ. this just proves how well i know the show. and i love DBZ GT

only seen a few episodes but its good

What about Dragonball? Where is the love of just plain ol' Dragonball? Before all this super saiyan hoo haa where men were men and child saiyans turned into 400 foot monkeys on the full moon, when the times where simpiler. Ahhhh that Roshi character and all his constant poonhoundery. They just DO NOT make cartoons like Dragonball anymore.

• Like 2

I don't like Dragon Ball (Without the Z) because it was too comedic, and perverted moments just added to that. I like the sheer epic of DBZ, with its bits of comedy.

As for GT, I thought it was bland, and the Super Saiyan 4 design is terrible. The ultimate transformation, beyond all the power we've ever seen, powerful enough to break a wish from the Black Star Dragon Balls (Speaking of which, Goku being a kid was stupid as hell)...ok...we're back to furry monkey dude. And he's red with eyeliner. Ooook. And he doesn't seem that strong in the animations...

And of course, the music was terrible. DBZ's music is not my favorite genre, but nothing can fit better with DBZ.

So yeah, I'm a Z fan, but not a fan of the other stuff. Battle of Gods looks cool though, I hope they continue the story from there. Super Saiyan God looks cool, even though it's simple. A flaming aura with bits of blue flashing around is a good change, and it definitely tops crazy hair red fur and eyeliner yellow eyes monkey man.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130331220833/dragonball/images/e/e2/Super_Saiyan_God_Goku.png

A pic like this?

I like the simple design. Making the hair any longer than Super Saiyan 3, or turning the whole body insane like Super Saiyan 4 would ruin it. DBZ doesn't work very well with super-complex designs.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20130331220833/dragonball/images/e/e2/Super_Saiyan_God_Goku.png

A pic like this?

I like the simple design. Making the hair any longer than Super Saiyan 3, or turning the whole body insane like Super Saiyan 4 would ruin it. DBZ doesn't work very well with super-complex designs.

sorry my internet was being stupid. i thought i commented on this. any ways i like the picture its good

A pic like this?

I bet you would Hate DragonBall Absalon :P

i wouldn't even watch it. i never got into like i said above. but i wouldn't watch it now. not saying i dislike the show just saying i would be busy and couldn't and i would rather watch cartoon network. i watch boomerang only for the old pokemon and yugioh

I don't like Dragon Ball (Without the Z) because it was too comedic, and perverted moments just added to that. I like the sheer epic of DBZ, with its bits of comedy.

As for GT, I thought it was bland, and the Super Saiyan 4 design is terrible. The ultimate transformation, beyond all the power we've ever seen, powerful enough to break a wish from the Black Star Dragon Balls (Speaking of which, Goku being a kid was stupid as hell)...ok...we're back to furry monkey dude. And he's red with eyeliner. Ooook. And he doesn't seem that strong in the animations...

And of course, the music was terrible. DBZ's music is not my favorite genre, but nothing can fit better with DBZ.

So yeah, I'm a Z fan, but not a fan of the other stuff. Battle of Gods looks cool though, I hope they continue the story from there. Super Saiyan God looks cool, even though it's simple. A flaming aura with bits of blue flashing around is a good change, and it definitely tops crazy hair red fur and eyeliner yellow eyes monkey man.

Yes. I agree with you ALL the way on that. ;) I do like the opening music of DBZ Kai though. It's a really good song, in my opinion. And, ever wondered why GT was so... NOT good? I'm not sure... but maybe it's because Akira Toriyama didn't work on it. And, yeah, I also agree with you on the original Dragon Ball, that it was way comedic. I mean, it was SO cheezy. It's just, DBZ has that amazing perfect "feel", to it. If you know what I mean?

I bet you would Hate DragonBall Absalon :P

And, by the way, I tried Dragonball Absalon, HATED it. I mean, firstly, it's fan-made so I didn't expect it to be perfect. The animation sucks, some of the lip reading is REALLY bad, then, it isn't true to the DBZ series. I mean, generally, in DBZ, when a new enemy "lands on earth", they (Z-Fighters), would go,"Oh man... that power level... oh my god... it's so.... huge...". But instead in Dragnball Absalon,"Let's go kick some A**!". I mean, they didn't even go,"Do you sense that, too?". Also, they say that the "ki" (with the "K" sound) is high. Okay, let me get this clear with EVERYONE. It is spelled like "Qi" or Ki". But the pronounciation is actually "Chi". And, I haven't wathced DBZ for so long, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't EVER remember them saying it with a "K" sound. Never. So yeah, we're still friends and all (just saying cuz I think I may have sounded mean in that emotionally involving "thing" there).

So yeah, bye guys! :D

• Like 2

Yes. I agree with you ALL the way on that. ;) I do like the opening music of DBZ Kai though. It's a really good song, in my opinion. And, ever wondered why GT was so... NOT good? I'm not sure... but maybe it's because Akira Toriyama didn't work on it. And, yeah, I also agree with you on the original Dragon Ball, that it was way comedic. I mean, it was SO cheezy. It's just, DBZ has that amazing perfect "feel", to it. If you know what I mean?

And, by the way, I tried Dragonball Absalon, HATED it. I mean, firstly, it's fan-made so I didn't expect it to be perfect. The animation sucks, some of the lip reading is REALLY bad, then, it isn't true to the DBZ series. I mean, generally, in DBZ, when a new enemy "lands on earth", they (Z-Fighters), would go,"Oh man... that power level... oh my god... it's so.... huge...". But instead in Dragnball Absalon,"Let's go kick some A**!". I mean, they didn't even go,"Do you sense that, too?". Also, they say that the "ki" (with the "K" sound) is high. Okay, let me get this clear with EVERYONE. It is spelled like "Qi" or Ki". But the pronounciation is actually "Chi". And, I haven't wathced DBZ for so long, so correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't EVER remember them saying it with a "K" sound. Never. So yeah, we're still friends and all (just saying cuz I think I may have sounded mean in that emotionally involving "thing" there).

nope you wasn't mean

Yeah, I agree there.

I don't like how Absalon follows after GT. GT sends everything down a very strict path, a path that is, to be honest, retarded. If they wanted to make it good, they should have made it an alternate future to GT instead of a continuation from there. I agree on the animation quality, it isn't good, but it was actually better than I expected. 

Actually, in the show, they called it "energy." No one ever said "Qi", "Ki", or "Chi".

Yeah, I agree there.

I don't like how Absalon follows after GT. GT sends everything down a very strict path, a path that is, to be honest, retarded. If they wanted to make it good, they should have made it an alternate future to GT instead of a continuation from there. I agree on the animation quality, it isn't good, but it was actually better than I expected. 

Actually, in the show, they called it "energy." No one ever said "Qi", "Ki", or "Chi".

First episode, I could've sworn that they said "Ki", or something like that. Correct me if I'm wrong, and also, they say it (I think) when those alien things land. And this is referring to the first episode, if there are anymore afterwards. :D

What was all of your guys favorite saga? Mine was (In order)...

1. Cell Saga

2. Buu Saga

3. Frieza saga 

4. Saiyan Saga

5. Android Saga

6. Garlic Jr. Saga

7. Namek Saga

I love this show to death! I still want to see a Mystic Gohan Super saiyan 3, fused with a Super saiyan 3 majin Vegeta! And super saiyan 4 Goku Fused with Broly Super saiyan 4!

What was all of your guys favorite saga? Mine was (In order)...

1. Cell Saga

2. Buu Saga

3. Frieza saga 

4. Saiyan Saga

5. Android Saga

6. Garlic Jr. Saga

7. Namek Saga

I love this show to death! I still want to see a Mystic Gohan Super saiyan 3, fused with a Super saiyan 3 majin Vegeta! And super saiyan 4 Goku Fused with Broly Super saiyan 4!

I don't have a favorite! ^_^ Because it's so hard to decide between the awesomeness. It's like saying: Want a million dollars, or do you want a million dollars?

• Like 2