Fishy

Halo Weapons  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Which do you like better?

• Storm Rifle
    • Plasma Rifle
    • Brute Plasma Rifle
    • Plasma Repeater

I always found the Plasma Rifle a nice weapon. The Elites are strong ALIENS. They dont NEED a rifle for accuracy, they can do the same damage with an Uzi-like weapon. Thats it. The Plasma Rifle is like an Uzi. Just bring all of them back. Although ive learned to appreciate the Storm Rifle, its just too, human. Covenant are ALIENS. They should have weapons barely recognizable as weapons at all. Really like the Plasma Repeater. The manual cooldown wasnt that bad and it never was incapable of firing completely, as you can still fire it a bit when the heat is maxxed out. I dont know about the Brute Plasma Rifle. I like their Spike weaponry better.

Edited by RedStarRocket91
Thread locked, please do not revive dead threads.

• 2 weeks later...

Storm rifle was a total flunk for me. Compared to its far superior relative, the Plasma Rifle, the Storm Rifle is inaccurate, looks pretty generic (Brought nothing new to the weapon system except for the annoying whining that it makes when you shoot it), and its very.....Boring.

Plasma Rifle. It's the classic plasma gun of Halo. Not particularly as iconic as the Needler or the Stickies, but this thing just screams awesome. Fires devastating blue ionized plasma rays of death, quickly stuns the enemy upon impact causing him/her to stutter helplessly, and it's pretty dang accurate too, even if you fire in prolonged bursts. Very satisfying to get a kill with in Halo CE/CEA. Let's compare its competition to the glory of the Halo CE Plasma Rifle.

The Brute Plasma Rifle of Halo 2. Has an extreme rate of fire and is dual wieldable but has a quick overheating rate, has somewhat poor accuracy, and it lacks the stunning capabilities that the original Halo CE Plasma Rifle has.

The Plasma Repeater of Halo Reach. Sure it has a fast rate of fire, even faster than the Brute Plasma Rifle. However, each individual plasma bolt deals minimal more damage, making the weapon feel less of a power house when compared to the Plasma Rifle of Halo CE. Also lacks the stunning capabilities and has even poorer accuracy, due to reticule bloom taking effect.

The Storm Rifle of Halo 4 is pretty much a redesign of the Assault Rifle transformed into a covenant weapon. It has the same problems as the latter two weapons, but this weapon is also pretty underpowered unless your using it as a support weapon or secondary. It has a faster reticule bloom expansion rate than the AR (we all know they were trying to piss me off with this thing's lack of accuracy), is not hitscan like the AR's Halo 4 incarnation, and although it's slightly stronger, it only takes ONE LESS SHOT TO KILL with the AR, and their rate of fires are pretty much equal. Also lacks the Halo CE Plasma Rifle's stunning capabilities.

Plasma Rifle wins. FATALITY. FLAWLESS VICTORY.

• 1 month later...