Halo: Militia (RP)

((Right. After this, you reply with your attack and then we let someone else post, sound good?))

Cavril's smile grew wider, bigger then D.J.'s. It was strange, even though they were fighting each other, they could still be friendly throughout the whole thing. Developing friends was good, because when you fought actual enemies they'd be your brothers. Brothers in Arms. The Russian smiled at the fact he was making friends.

"I'm no Mystic, but..." Cavril's voice trailed off. Then he jumped and spun around a blinding speed and delivered a vicious twirling roundhouse kick at  D.J.'s face. The Russian made sure all of his openings were covered.

"Too easy, pal!" D.J. scoffed as he leaned back, the kick swiping just in front of his face. He slid to his right, and shoulder charged Cavril to knock him slightly of balance, before throwing a hard hook towards his ribs.

((Nevermind what I just said, I can't stop a fight for the entire day))

Cavril felt the body check collide with his shoulder and stumbled back a bit, but saw the hook coming and grabbed D.J.'s wrist. He pulled D.J. in and rammed into his body. The force sent D.J. farther away then Cavril went. Then, the Russian ran at his opponent and spear jabbed at D.J.'s thigh, however stopped the attack quickly to make D.J become open and then brought his leg up to kick D.J. in the face.

Edited by HaloGeek

[<_< what did we talk about? I used the Shoulder charge to set up my attack, so it could hit if I wanted, jut as long as it does no damage. you just ignored it completely. Also, STOP WITH THE MAJOR INJURIES. Cavril is an average human, and you said he doesn't have much in the terms of muscle, just squeezing my wrist wouldn't fracture it. Most humans can't break a bone with brute force alone.]

D.J. Grabbed Cavril's, leg, and gave it a sharp pull, bringing him around to the other side, and giving him a clear shot at his back. He took a short step in, and launched a vicious punch toward Cavril's kidney.

(Fine, I'm sorry. I'll edit it. Jesus I thought we could be friends)

Cavril felt the blow impact with his back and grunted, but he was to full of adrenaline to care. If at all, the blow just aggravated him, but that didn't mean his body didn't feel it. The Russian spun around and dodged most of the punch to his head, and then grabbing and pulling D.J. in for his own blow. Perhaps a hit would be scored this time.

Edited by HaloGeek

[you didn't say what kind of attack it would be... so, i'll just make it a punch to the face.]

D.J.'s head snapped back as the Russians knuckles slammed into his mouth, cutting his lip. He stumbled a bit, but kept on his feet. He spun around and pulled back his fist, but faked a punch, opting to stomp on Cavril's foot instead, hoping it would drop his guard.

Cavril went for the forged punch, which he ended up thinking he shouldn't have, and was struck off balance by the foot stomp. He stumbled back, but stayed on his feet just barely. The Russian leaped forward with great speed and decided to use a fake punch to get D.J. off guard. Once the punch was stopped, Cavril immediately got his other hand a chopping shape, hoping to hit D.J.'s neck and swung it. If it landed, the blow would spike a pattern of nerves which would cause temporary paralysis.

[Not really. The only limitations I have in place are those that keep characters from being unrealistically inbalanced from everyone else. Their proficiency all depends on how well you write.]

[No Sangheili]

[No indication that I can write a terrorist]

D.J. Brought his hands up, and parried Cavril's attack. He lifted his leg, and used it to give Cavril a solid shove, creating some distance between them.

"Alright... This was fun and all, But I think I'm done."

With that, D.J. charged towards Cavril, with the intent of delivering a dirty shot to the groin, and dropping the Russian to the ground.

[Yeah.... D.J. tends to fight dirty.]

Cavril stumbled back a bit from the blow but ultimately this would work out for both of them. The Russian registered that they both were getting bored of fighting, and wanted to end it, and he had a perfect way of doing so. He charged as well, but leaped and launched into a flying kick at D.J.'s face, if it impacted it would be quite a hit. However because of physics, Cavril would sail over D.J  after striking him allowing for any last dirty blows. And there was nothing the Russian could do stop it.

(That son of a ***** :P)

The kick caught D.J. entirely off guard, and he could feel his teeth chatter from the impact. His own punch missed, but he quickly decided a draw was better than embarrassing himself. D.J. quickly turned, grabbing the flying Russian's back leg, and turned him into the ground, causing both of them to fall into the sand.

Edited by D-38 Boss

Cavril felt the hot, grainy sand rub against his face. D.J. was a worthy opponent, and hopefully they could become friends. However, it may take more trust then just that. The fight pimped Cavril full of energy, and he felt like he could take on six cows. However that wouldn't be happening today.

"That was a nice fight. You are a worthy opponent." he said. The Russian's creepy smile returned at he looked at the overseeing Sergeant Geza. "Sergeant Geza! It was a draw. We both fell down." Cavril stated to his superior.

D.J. sat up and spat out some blood and sand.

"No... you think?"

D.J. groaned as he rubbed the fresh bump on his head.

"Well, step 1 failed... don't get kicked in the face...."

He pulled himself up and offered his hand to Cavril.

"Yeah well, always keep your guard up." Cavril laughed as he accepted the hand and stood up. "So what do you think the training has in store for us next? Movement, shooting, tactical awareness? I hope it is shooting." 

The Russian looked over at some recruits who got put flat on their ass in the sand nearly after a few seconds. They wouldn't last long without proper training, and Cavril almost felt bad for them.

(After this, post and then we let someone else. Sound good?)

[ sounds good. ITS ON YOU OTHER PEOPLES!]

"Man, I haven't even eaten yet... I don't wanna think about more training right now..." D.J. lamented. he knew it wouldn't matter either way, but hunger was hunger.

He grabbed his canteen, and took a swig of water, swishing it around his mouth to clean the blood off of his teeth, before spitting it back out.

[No Sangheili]

[No indication that I can write a terrorist]

[Halo CE through 4, excluding Halo 2 which I shouldn't even exclude, had you playing the role of a pro-human figure and still managed interesting storylines. The intro heavily implies that this is going to be a Marine mindset RP with human characters. It's meant to be a buffering RP, something a little more structured with some nice set of guidelines, other than most "anything goes" RPs I've seen around as of late. If everyone starts off as a completely seasoned warfighter, picture perfect, then things can have a way of getting old very quick. I'd rather see a number of weak characters develop over time than have mobs of people who don't change in anything but their killcount. The title says "Militia," not "Tales of the Alien Warrior Monks" or "Down with the UNSC." If you want to play the role of a terrorist or the near faceless copies that are Sangheili soldiers, then go ahead and find another RP, create your own even. I just might join it for my love of writing. Hell, I'll bring fireworks and champagne.]

Sergeant Geza had a whistle in hand as he observed the sessions surrounding the pit. He was glad to see some coming out on top, learning quick, but at the same time allowing themselves to be taken down as they gave pointers. They were learning, some better than most. They wouldn't likely use the skill, but this spoke some volume as far as their ability to process information and turn it into action.

When one recruit, Hoffman, hit the sand in front of his feet at the hands of Recruit Hawkins the Sergeant blew the whistle and knelt down beside the kid as he muttered a defeated curse. "Before you get up, describe to me in your own words what you think just went wrong."

Wiping the sand from his mouth with a cough, Hoffman shook his head. "It's hard to stay standing when he gets me in a grab. I almost get him down, but he--"

"Almost doesn't count. Drop your center of gravity."

"What?"

"Your knees," Hawkins added. "Bend your knees. It makes it harder to fall."

Geza nodded in Hawkins' direction before smacking his hand on Hoffman's shoulder. "Sound good?"

"Sure..."

"Get back at it."

With that, he rose to his feet just in time to hear a call from Cavril. He observed a set of sandied fatigues on both recruits and shook his head. "That looked like a well disciplined bar fight. That being said, I think you're getting it. Keep at it, but try to use more grappling than impacts. Our corspmen are unfortunately on a budget."

He turned away, but then returned as another thought came to him. "Oh, and if you ever get in that instance where you're on the ground with a Covvie, you best have your good hand on them at all times. Fights are most dangerous when you're on the ground. Keep control or they will be taking bites out of you."

[i kinda want to make sure everyone who's been participating has a chance to get into a spar session, but I'm not sure what Dryskim's been up to. I'd gladly work with him, seeing as he posts about as often as I do, but what do you guys think? Should we timeskip to weapons training soon?]

((Sure thing. I don't really know. I guess timezones really screw up some of the member's posting))

"Yes Sergeant Geza, and that makes sense. I'll think about that. Grappling is one of my major styles, considering that I have experience in judo, so I'll try that. Some of these other recruits don't look like they are doing as good as us, unfortunately. Anyway, Sergeant Geza, thanks for the advice." Cavril replied, contently. The Russian looked at D.J. and smiled. 

"Hey, at least we got a compliment, right?" Cavril asked his friend.

[I'd rather see a number of weak characters develop over time than have mobs of people who don't change in anything but their killcount. The title says "Militia," not "Tales of the Alien Warrior Monks" or "Down with the UNSC." If you want to play the role of a terrorist or the near faceless copies that are Sangheili soldiers, then go ahead and find another RP, create your own even. I just might join it for my love of writing. Hell, I'll bring fireworks and champagne.]

[That's the point of an RP, to build up a story. - Man, you have NO idea. *Hint Hint*]

[is there a plot planned for this RP?]

[JL, just make a friggin' character and have some fun with it. it can't hurt to get some practice playing a character you don't usually play.]

"I don't know if that was a compliment..." D.J. said as he cracked his neck. His head was still spinning from the kick. He flopped down into the sand, and sat watching the other recruits. Some of them we're good, but others...

They we're the exact kind of people who ended up dead back home; all talk, no walk. One in particular had been jawing off the entire time about how no one could beat him, but now found that he couldn't contend with the smallest of the recruits.

"Pathetic... You see that guy? He's got no friggin' clue what he's doin'..."

"Exactly. He threw a punch and got flipped over the tiniest guy's shoulder. He retaliated and got put flat on his ass again. And finally he was locked up by the wrist, elbow, and shoulder and was helpless. If he thinks he is going to have a chance against what we are going up against, then he will die. Unless he is shoot first." Cavril replied. The recruit they were talking about was James Kahn. He looked big and scary, but now that reputation was gone since the little guy flipped him over. However James overheard Cavril's discussion with D.J. and put on an angry face.

"What the hell did you just say about me, Stalin? You can't beat your opponent." James taunted. Cavril turned on his creepy smile at the max and stared at James. "Well if you get your ass kicked by the littlest of recruits, how are you going to fare in a fight with a grunt or Jackal? You won't." the Russian said. James' face turned bright red and he swung his fist at Cavril. At first, Cavril did nothing, but then he decided to make a spectacle out of James. He grabbed James' elbow and shoulder, then turned his body weight sideways so he could lift the 230 pound James and slam him into the ground. After Cavril did that, James got back up and walked away.

"D.J., isn't he just useless?" Cavril asked.

D.J. just gave Cavril a quizzical stare.

"Yeah..... Useless....."

D.J. liked the Russian, but for a reason he couldn't rightly explain, he made him uncomfortable. He shrugged it off, thinking; "It's hard to fully like a guy who kicked you in the face..."

"So, where are you from? Not Russia, right?"

"A lot of my family is from Russia, but they moved off planet around the time my mother was born. I have Russian origins, hence the height, accent, creepiness. But otherwise I was born on Aszod. The Industrial colony. There I learned the fighting that I know today. Hey... you look like you're from Aszod as well. I actually may have heard of you throughout the news. Oh... that's right. Your the guy who lost to that incredible high, on steroids, mutant thug. How was that?" Cavril replied and then asked, hopefully not embarrassing D.J..

((Not trying to make up your back story, but you said you lost some fights.))

"What? oh... no.. that was my older brother, Jason. He turned down the wrong alley..." D.J. sighed heavily. "I didn't like him much, hell, I hate most of my family, but No one deserves to die like that..."

D.J. rubbed the back of his neck.

"That's... kinda the reason I'm here too... Don't tell anyone, but I'm not exactly... welcome, in Aszod anymore."

"Oh, well I'm sorry about Jason. Damn, what do you think that mutant was on? A bystander near by got an image of him. 8.5 feet tall, strange blue armor, crocodile like mouth with four mandibles. Nobody on Aszod had seen anything like it. Us Aszoders have to stay together, same with people from other colonies. Anyway, I'm here because my father, a rich industrialist, said that there was more to my life then Aszod, so he sent me here. I'm hungry too. Do you think good food will be almost nonexistent because of the war?" Cavril replied. He was beginning to like D.J..