Halo CSR a Massive Let Down!

Shalhoub

You had thousands of gamers ready to pick Halo back up and start playing it again. You claimed to bring back the Halo 2 and 3 ranking system. Evereyone was ready to get addicted to Halo again. Then we found out about how it WAS NOT like Halo 2 and 3. You could NOT SEE your rank. What is the point of having rank you cant see?! How does that even make it competitive if you can't see your opponents?! The thousands of gamers that waited till today.... are going to go right back to COD. It was pretty obvious why true Halo fans loved CSR... the number rank you could SEE. MASSIVELY DISAPPOINTED!

• Like 1

In their defense, it was always stated it would not be displayed in-game. Anyone mad cuz they were expecting it in-game and they just found it wasn't should have been more diligent on their info,

I knew it wouldn't be available in-game months ago, so why would I be upset now?

• Like 2

The core Halo fans want to be like the old days. They want a reason to COME BACK TO HALO. They thought this was it. Obviously we were wrong. I am so blown away how they dropped the ball on this one!  That is absolutely ridiculous to have a rank that you can't see!  Ugh, whatever.... 

• Like 1

Please don't try to speak for the "core fans". I've been playing since the original Halo back on the original Xbox, and I've enjoyed every single Halo game to date. I enjoy some more than others, but never have I cared all that much for a visible ranking system. I also don't feel it at all necessary for players to bring a competitive attitude to the game. 

343i never said that CSR was the Halo 2 or Halo 3 ranking system, only that it was a 1 - 50 ranking system. I've read the details on how it works, and it seems like it's been designed fairly well. Just like FleshBack said, they never told us it would be visible in-game. In fact ever since they announced the CSR ranking system, they made it clear it would be visible on Waypoint and not once did they ever mention it being visible in-game. Why do you and so many players seem to need a visible ranking system to play competitively? I and many others, including those who frequently play the original Halo's multiplayer, don't need any sort of visible ranking system in order to be competitive. We can do so simply by trying to do our very best to win and go positive in each game. 

You can check the CSR of players you've played with on Waypoint. If you don't want to do that it's your call, but that's the compromise you're going to have to live with. Waypoint or nothing.

Please don't try to speak for the "core fans". I've been playing since the original Halo back on the original Xbox, and I'll be the first to say I enjoy every single Halo game to date. I enjoy some more than others, but never have I cared all that much for a visible ranking system and I don't feel it is at all necessary for players to bring a competitive attitude to the game. 

343i never said that CSR was the Halo 2 or Halo 3 ranking system, only that it was a 1 - 50 ranking system. I've read the details on how it works, and it seems like it's been designed fairly well. Just like FleshBack said, they never told us it would be visible in-game. In fact ever since they announced the CSR ranking system, they made it clear it would be visible on Waypoint and not once did they ever mention it being visible in-game. Why do you and so many players seem to need a visible ranking system to play competitively? I and many others, including those who frequently play the original Halo's multiplayer, don't need any sort of visible ranking system in order to be competitive. We can do so simply by trying to do our very best to win and go positive in each game. 

You can check the CSR of players you've played with on Waypoint. If you don't want to do that it's your call, but that's the compromise you're going to have to live with. Waypoint or nothing.

and for all the people that don't have access to waypoint? its unfair we have to use a 3rd party program for something thats suppose to be in a 2 disc game.

and for all the people that don't have access to waypoint? its unfair we have to use a 3rd party program for something thats suppose to be in a 2 disc game.

Why would they not have access to Waypoint? It's accessible through their website via a computer or the Halo Waypoint app on Xbox Live. If they can play the game over Xbox Live, they should be able to do either of these things. 

• Like 1

Why would they not have access to Waypoint? It's accessible through their website via a computer or the Halo Waypoint app on Xbox Live. If they can play the game over Xbox Live, they should be able to do either of these things. 

my computer is not in the same room as my consale So your telling me to enjoy competetive gaming on a 2 disc game after every single game i'm suppose to go log into waypoint and check if i went up or not? do you see how stupid that is? And I'm out of hardrive space for my xbox bad enough i had to download install halo 4 mp.

my computer is not in the same room as my consale So your telling me to enjoy competetive gaming on a 2 disc game after every single game i'm suppose to go log into waypoint and check if i went up or not? do you see how stupid that is? And I'm out of hardrive space for my xbox bad enough i had to download install halo 4 mp.

No, I'm not saying that you have to do that after every single game. You could, however, check it once you've finished playing Halo 4 or when you otherwise have some spare time. The Waypoint app is only a few hundred megabytes. I'm sure there's some data on your console you're not really using, whether this is data for games you no longer own/play, DLC or downloadable games you don't play, etc. You could at least try to see if it's possible to free some space. If you don't want to do either of those things, oh well. That's the compromise, and you have to determine if you really care about accurate ranks enough to bother.

na i'm sorry but i think its common sense to put it visable this way does not solve any problems But i did esxpect them to do a move like this so i'm not really concerned ill just keep playing my games and hopefully 343 will get it right one day...  It's just so silly to close out of halo 4 go into waypoint after every game.

• Like 3

i logged in to see if they made it visable. notice it wasn't right back to cod mw3 for me.

BO2 for me, hit me up Tornado

Please don't try to speak for the "core fans". I've been playing since the original Halo back on the original Xbox, and I've enjoyed every single Halo game to date. I enjoy some more than others, but never have I cared all that much for a visible ranking system. I also don't feel it at all necessary for players to bring a competitive attitude to the game. 

Ever since 343 took over in Reach, yes, in Reach, it's always been a bunch of crap. I won't be buying H5 until after I've rented it for campaign. If it's yet more of this fail BS, I'll be putting up a youtube vid expressing, w/out any gray area, my opinion of these tards they choose to call game developers.

This stupid system doesn't even show your rank on the app, website only.

That being said I've been having MUCH more competent team mates on my team. Im currently rank 35 and although you cannot see it (For whatever reason) it does effect who you find and play against. There much less idiots playing with me now randomly and when one does my ENTIRE team chews them out. So thats kinda like the older halos at least.

haha, Don't speak for core fans?  But I am buddy.  Just look at the forums.  Go check the Halo Waypoint forums.  and you guys need to stop bringing up BULLYING. LOL, thats why there is no number?!?! Its a competitive video game by nature, from the birth of Halo matchmatking... If your kids can't take it, then have them go play Angry Birds!  Anyways, you don't bring back gamers by trying to be stubborn and prove a point.

haha, Don't speak for core fans?  But I am buddy.  Just look at the forums.  Go check the Halo Waypoint forums.  and you guys need to stop bringing up BULLYING. LOL, thats why there is no number?!?! Its a competitive video game by nature, from the birth of Halo matchmatking... If your kids can't take it, then have them go play Angry Birds!  Anyways, you don't bring back gamers by trying to be stubborn and prove a point.

Yes, don't speak for the core fans. I happen to be a "core" fan, seeing as how I've been a fan of the series since the original Halo. You don't share the view of every fan out there, nor should you be so arrogant as to imply that you do. It's a competitive video game sure, but then why do you all need a rank to play competitively?

You also don't bring back gamers by trying to speak for what you believe is the core fanbase, nor insulting them or their children/families. If you can't play a game just to enjoy its gameplay, rather than putting so much focus into a symbol and number beside your gamertag, then honestly I feel you're missing the entire point of what games are about.

i had halo 4 on facebook and 8/10 of its comments are make it visable surpizingly

and to awnser person above me i need a rank visable so i know Where i stand in this game when i get into the game I look at there ranks there record and compare so if i win i feel much better if they had a better record, With the current system i honestly feel like every game i'm playing bots and never improving Because no one ever talks And everyone has booasted there k/d so thats not a good indicator to know whos good. What if they said one day they would only make the Nba's Wins and losses on the net and not the tv or espn Its Stupid and halo 3 had a amazing system Unlike Halo 4

LOL @ Eriatarka. Wake up!! Go to the forums and see what the Halo community is saying. You act like I'm the only one attacking this pathetic excuse for a ranking system. To survive in the video game industry, especially against games like Call of Duty, you need to listen to the fans. I want what's best for the Halo series and 343i. This path that they are taking is the wrong one. Sorry, you are absolutely wrong.

I know cheating was at a all time high when they had visible ranks and selling of level 50 accounts on ebay was a issue.  So Bungie took out the visible ranks and that solved the problems.  Which caused a major problem for Bungie, the gamers all left the game to play COD.  Bungie might think it was because COD Is so great but no it was because of the removal of visible ranks. Now that 343 took over they went further and now you cant even hear the other team.  So yeah its like playing bots and nobody plays there best because theres no visible ranks.  So its a big waste of time for competitive players.  Bungie ruined the series and  343 is continuing its downfall. Their was only like 10k players on last night total in all playlists. And new maps just came out.. Just a joke you could have hundreds of thousands playing and buying your map packs that come out every other month.  Problem is stubborn former employees of Bungie work at 343 and wont revert back.  Maybe when the population is under 2k they will do something.   

yeah i haven't bough the map packs since halo 3 because of the replay value and ranking system. i bough over 4 halo 3 disc cause of my xbox. no one buys the map packs hardly in a few weeks they will put the playlist in mm if everyone has them, U think everyone is going to have them?

LOL @ Eriatarka. Wake up!! Go to the forums and see what the Halo community is saying. You act like I'm the only one attacking this pathetic excuse for a ranking system. To survive in the video game industry, especially against games like Call of Duty, you need to listen to the fans. I want what's best for the Halo series and 343i. This path that they are taking is the wrong one. Sorry, you are absolutely wrong.

I don't need to "wake up", and the Waypoint forums is but a small minority of the overall Halo community. You shouldn't look to Waypoint as the majority of players, because it simply isn't. I'm not acting nor implying you're the only one "attacking" this ranking system, but you're being rather silly in trying to speak for the "core" fanbase when, as I've said, you don't speak for the majority of the fanbase. I and others don't want nor need you speaking for us. I'm not wrong at all. I have a differing opinion than you. You're free to disagree with it, but it doesn't make you right.

inb4 flame war

Also, 343i has always stated that the CSR would only be visible on Waypoint. If this is a surprise to you, then that simply means you haven't been paying much attention. And if you haven't been paying much attention, then how can you possibly speak for the "core" or "true" Halo fans.

On the other hand, though, the ranking system isn't as universally competitive as H2 and H3. This is simply because it isn't visible in-game. That doesn't mean the ranking system itself is messed up though, just it's visibility *TO SOME PEOPLE*.

343 Industries doesn't owe you anything. They make a game, release it, you buy it, you get the game. It doesn't mean that you have a say in how the game is played, it doesn't mean you become a developer for 343i, and it doesn't mean that they are going to custom-tailor the game for you. 

True, you payed for the Halo games. True, you put hours upon hours into them. However that doesn't mean you or I get any say in how they make future Halo games. What we get out of it is fun, or just a distraction from real life. 

If you don't want to play it, don't play it. If you don't want to buy it, don't buy it. If you want to leave the community then leave.

But if you don't want to leave then I suggest you put up with the bad and look for the good. The parts of the game you enjoy. For example, I despised Halo Reach. But, most of the community played Halo Reach, and so I settled for Swat and Snipers.

• Like 1