Gamertag

Maestro9318

Map

Halo Gear Solid

Gametype

Halo Gear Solid

Description

INCOMING CODEC CALL

Colonel: Master Snake, your mission is to infiltrate Shadow Ravine Island and obtain data on Metal Gear Halo, a Halo transport and firing platform.

Master Snake: Metal Gear Halo?

Colonel: Yes, Metal Gear Halo. If completed, powerful warlords will be able to move any installation wherever they want and fire it!

Master Snake: Why can't I shoot my way in? Mix things up a little?

Colonel: Because, Snake, you will be outnumbered by teeming hordes of highly resilient soldiers in red armour.

post-71046-0-42118000-1365308166.png

post-71046-0-71148800-1365308870.png

This is Shadow Ravine Island. One of our agents has found out that this is a resting point for their data transfer. According to Agent Shmeef, the terrorists are not willing to transfer this data via any networks. This means the only way to get it is by physically extracting it.

Master Snake: Consider it done.

Colonel: Watch your back out there. The terrorists sent us a picture...

post-71046-0-62510900-1365308697.png

...Agent Shmeef never made it back.

Jokes aside, Halo Gear Solid is a variant of Extraction which emphasizes stealth over strength. This is backed up by the fact that the blue team, or Master Snake's team, has permanent active camouflage and radar; the red team has a much higher damage resistance (500%), but no radar.

The blue team has to extract one site within ten minutes, or they lose. The red team cannot extract this site. If a red person is killed, they respawn in the base in the bottom left of the first screenshot, where Mantises and weapons galore await them. However, if a red person takes a Mantis, they are teleported instantly to one side of Shadow Ravine. They'll end up on either the natural side or the fortress. If a blue person is killed, they respawn in JAIL, where poor Agent Shmeef rests with a shiv in his kidney. They must then find a way to escape, and get back to Shadow Ravine.

NOTE: You need an equal number of players per team, with at least a total of eight. Also, the red team has infinite ammo (not bottomless clip), while the blue team has the Ammo Support Upgrade but finite ammo.

This gametype may need some tweaking, so constructive criticism would be preferred... or better yet, some beta testing rounds?

EDIT: I was thinking of calling Master Snake "Solid Chief" instead, but that just sounded wrong.

EDIT EDIT: Why did I write "writing calling" above? derp

EDIT EDIT EDIT: Now comes in European Extreme!

These files have been deleted from my file share. This topic can be deleted at a moderator's discretion.

• 1 year later...