FireFight

Okay here is the thing... This is going to be very detailed (and long) okay here it goes. Firefight is not in halo 4 very bad, I know. It's just kill and run, but here are things i want to see! (Also make sure you leave ideas!!!)

*Teams, Friends Or Foes!

There are different teams and you can either help each other out for items and supplies. Or you could fight to live, and friend with some other teams. There are up to 30 players, 5 people in 6 different teams Rebels,Peace Protectors,U.N.S.C,Covenant Believer's,Forerunner Believer's,And also Modern Neanderthal's

(I'll talk about the teams later). Okay, Every team has there own info (shown as Chips cards), either take it or not the more you friend them and there off guard. You can take them off guard and stab 'em in the back! After that just keep going on with what your doing but they can get it back!

*Events!

Every 5 levels an event happens there are 15 different events. Also every 10 levels a boss comes and fights. Also the Forerunners covenant and flood are all in it. 5 events for Flood, 5 for Forerunners, And 5 for covenant.

*Maps

The maps need to be VERY big for every teams base and the bases never look like the same. Also I would like shops from base to base. Also challenges like team goals from the team captain (more about that when i get to the teams background story's. 

*Background Story

Okay here's the story. Rebels: They were in halo reach on the first mission when they thought it was rebels there isn't much back story to them though. Peace Protectors: They want to unite Forerunners,Covenant, and U.N.S.C but don't use force they have very powerful weapons but don't use them there very friendly and it's easy to back stab them. in game they can not attack teams unless for a reason if they do they lose there info to a random team and are turned into time out for 10 minutes. U.N.S.C: You know what they are.

Covenant Believers: Well they use weapons that are fused with covenant weapons and U.N.S.C weapons (343 can think of that!). They believe they can turn into a covenant by killing all humans this is a very gruesome team. Forerunner Believers: Pretty much the same as covenant believers but instead Forerunner weapons and U.N.S.C it's there own weapons fused with forerunners (again 343 can think of there fused guns and there regular ones). Modern Neanderthals: They only use melee weapons (343 please make way more melee weapons!) and they want revert the world to the old days. That means they hate tech and they use paper for a chip card.

*Captains (last thing!)

These are picked randomly by rank. And they can tell you what to do and give missions also they say if they can be fiends with other teams or not. Well that's all! I hope 343 looks at this. And anybody with ideas say it in the comments!

• Like 1

I found this very hard to follow when reading it. from what I understood, this sounds nothing like firefight mode. This gametype that you are describing sounds like it would be an entirely different game out of all honesty. This had elements of an mmo game, so I would recommend that you get destiny when it is released. Anyways, firefight is about trying to fight off waves of enemies in a small squad. You can't have "teams" that can do whatever they feel like to other teams while trying to fight off waves of AI enemies at the same time

also, having 4 players do a Co op mission in Spartan ops with AI enemies had caused countless lag problems. imagine having 30 players trying to connect over xbl and having AI enemies at the same time....

@Victory Element, I see what you mean. i didn't actually come up with this i got the idea from a video but i tweaked it. Yeah i know there shouldn't be that many players sorry. I just was really over excited about having firefight. But here's what i really want.Background story: A squad (5) is left behind to a mission when the mission goes horribly wrong and they have to fend off the waves! there will be Forerunner,Covenant,and Flood enemies. The teams have to protect the generator,info chip, and beacon. If the beacon is destroyed it will end the game. if the generator is destroyed they have to find a new base before the old one implodes after 35 seconds (having to move the info and beacon). if they run out of bases they need to build a base (it takes 5 minutes to build, it's like when your reviving a team mate in Black Ops 2). If chip is stolen they lose the game like the beacon. There will be 3 bases in every map. Also there will be WAY more new guns and vehicles(i don't care what they are, but just make WAY more!). And you can't run out of health (once you die once!) or your out of the game and you spectate (you can change this in options). FIN

For firefight, I really think they should bring back odst soldiers to play as, and definitely include bigger maps to be able to progress to the next section to access when an area is overrun just the game giving waypoints to blast through a wall to move on or opening a door etc. I feel that odst firefight succeeded because they were not Spartans and without armor abilities. Just stamina and health. 343 should have the odst visr mode and hud the same to keep the authenticity. The reason for the larger maps is to give the player more exploration instead of being left to their doom in a contained area for example a goal to work towards, like a pelican at the end. I may be the only one who liked the visr mode it was perfect for night maps. Please bring back night maps. 343 should recycle the fire team system in reach so you could monitor your squads health even though you're separated. No shield = utilize health packs effectively.

• Like 1

Oh yeah, iPod keyboards. Hate them. I type quickly so put a different letter. Meant better.

Anyway, see your point;

Forging on the maps for things such as crates and other scenery. This should be possible as the scripting doesn't require too much to hit a crate.

Bring the maps into customs and regular forge. Unearthed and Installation 04 were great maps, I would like to forge on them for regular gametypes

Fully customising exactly (numbers) of what each wave has, making it more ideal for machinima.

Oh yeah, iPod keyboards. Hate them. I type quickly so put a different letter. Meant better.

Anyway, see your point;

Forging on the maps for things such as crates and other scenery. This should be possible as the scripting doesn't require too much to hit a crate.

Bring the maps into customs and regular forge. Unearthed and Installation 04 were great maps, I would like to forge on them for regular gametypes

Fully customising exactly (numbers) of what each wave has, making it more ideal for machinima.

Now that's an idea thanks and maybe this will go on halo 6! Forge would be great for it! Again anybody who reads this must know that there are only ideas not any thing that tells this community they liked not having firefight so please.. Just ideas! =D

For firefight, I really think they should bring back odst soldiers to play as, and definitely include bigger maps to be able to progress to the next section to access when an area is overrun just the game giving waypoints to blast through a wall to move on or opening a door etc. I feel that odst firefight succeeded because they were not Spartans and without armor abilities. Just stamina and health. 343 should have the odst visr mode and hud the same to keep the authenticity. The reason for the larger maps is to give the player more exploration instead of being left to their doom in a contained area for example a goal to work towards, like a pelican at the end. I may be the only one who liked the visr mode it was perfect for night maps. Please bring back night maps. 343 should recycle the fire team system in reach so you could monitor your squads health even though you're separated. No shield = utilize health packs effectively.

Great idea more playable characters good idea!

Firefight is great for those without XBL. Here are some ideas I found circulating through the community.

1. Flood: An old idea, but a good one. They need to be terrifying; the maps should be darker for Flood sessions.

2. Immersion: In-game audio; exclusive voice-acting like in Spartan Ops and ODST Firefight. This could be as simple as the character saying "Lock 'n load!" to actually having a conversation with another character. This segways nicely into the next point.

3. Story: The best part about the Campaign is being immersed in a unique character: Master Chief. I'm not suggesting we play as MC in Firefight, but rather as characters we have never played as before: a pair of Spartan IIIs infiltrating a Covenant stronghold; a group of ODST holding off against the Flood (both of these are actual canon stories).

4. Updates: These would happen similarly to Spartan Ops; developers could use existing environments (multiplayer or Forge maps) or create new ones, add AIs, and insert audio to tell a new story every other week. Only a few episodes would be available on-disc, but for those with XBL, it would be an persistent, intriguing experience filled with great fun in addition to lore.

This setup allows for some interesting applications. Imagine you're playing Firefight. The setting is a dark, decrepit UNSC research facility. You hear a noise; suddenly, a combat form Flood drops down from the ceiling--and walks right in front of you, seemingly oblivious to your presence. Its otherworldly hissing is stifled by a barrage of dead assault rounds, leaving the monster convulsing in a fit of rage. You rush around the corner into a startled squad of marines whose fingers still clutch the smoking weapons. Their screams delight you as you rip into their pink, juicy flesh. You are Flood.

Who's to say it couldn't happen? Only those who don't believe. As well as people who get scared easily. Feedback is welcome.

The idea of the squads of Spartans fending off AI's sounds like what i have been thinking about. I have a proposition for a better idea. here it is...

I think the perfect sequel is a real-time strategy first-person shooter hybrid game, using the Halo Wars mechanics for the commander and the classic first-person shooter and vehicle mechanics of the other halo games, in which the commander would build bases and armies and command those armies, exactly like Halo Wars, while a team of players allied to the commander function as special operations units on the ground, existing independently from the commander.

When matchmaking, there are two main categories to choose from, though others may web off this initial choice, being Commander or Player; this will ensure that when a game commences, everybody will be playing the role they wish to play and that these roles will be consistent throughout the whole game, which solves the many problems of changing positions as player and commander and prevents the ineffectiveness of inconsistently playing either role. A side note on the matchmaking process: perhaps flood and Promethean Races should be added to the Leader choice options, though I fear this may sacrifice the games simplicity.

Though any unit should be able to be played in First-person, for understanding and imagery purposes, assume that all players are Spartans. Plus, “players” will refer to the people playing fist person characters while “commanders” will refer to the base and army building position, even though it would also be played by a real, human, player.

A player has an economy system exactly like that of the commander in Halo Wars, one resource that increases in income rate as resources area acquires, except that the players will not have the authority to build supply pads. Instead, the commander can dedicate supply pads to supplying all or some of his allied players or simply give his players a lump sum of resources, like the “give supplies to friendly” ability in Halo Wars that the commander has when one of his supply pads is activated. With this system alone, the players would be very dependent on the commander, which would rob players of the potential to have significant impact on their teams performance if the commander is not performing well, so the players should have other means to acquire resources.

Other means for players to acquire resources should be gathering resource crates and utilizing map relics that provide resources, both of which are seen in Halo Wars. Finally the last and most prevalent means for players to acquire resources would be the combat reward system, a system that rewards players with resources for all combat oriented accomplishments, such as enemy kills, vehicles captured, bases captured or destroyed etc, which functions almost exactly like the point reward system of Halo 4, to which the players are able to receive ordinance; in this case, the ordinance would be delivered or fire-dropped in from the Spirit of Fire, the UNSC ship responsible for delivering airstrikes for the humans in Halo Wars, and may include ordinance of any weapon or unit which may then be under the player's command, be it giving orders like a Ghost Recon game or commandeering a vehicle, like the other Halo games. I think the players, with the sufficient resources of course should be able to call in, at least, basic airstrikes, similar to the human leader powers of Halo wars, which would not activate the cool down for the commander; the player should also be able to upgrade his airstrike capabilities using his own resources as well. Lastly, just like the commander is able to give resources to the players, the players should also be able to give resources to the commander.

Every time a player dies he will need to summoned by the Spirit of Fire or one of the commanders buildings. The player, if wishing to respawn as a spartan, will need to pay the resource cost of a spartan from his own resources to be deployed again. If the player has sufficient resources, before being deployed, the player may equip him or her self with desired weapons, equipment, armor and vehicles. The deployment process would be fire-dropped as an infantry unit from the Spirit of Fire, pelican-dropped from the spirit of Fire in a vehicle, or simply deployed from an allied commanders base if they have the sufficient buildings.

Stepping outside the imagery of the human faction, players of the covenant faction should be able to play and upgrade covenant leaders and their leader powers as seen in Halo Wars. The scarab should also be able to be utilized but the player will not be controlling the scarab directly. Instead, he would be controlling an infantry unit that is driving the scarab, which allows for enemies to commandeer the scarab or dispose of the scarab by infiltration and self-destruction, rather than destroying it wit overwhelming firepower, like in Halo Wars.

Overall, what I want in a game is the perfect balance of simplicity, to allow for easy operation, and complexity, to allow for varied strategy, which Halo Wars and the classic Halo games have mastered; so, to bring these two games together would be truly and literally fantastic.

To all the readers, please give feedback and criticism to both the idea and concepts and my writing skills so I can refine them and, if Possible, keep your reply messages concise for my reading convenience but certainly not at the cost of quality contribution. Hopefully, if this is refined and becomes renowned enough, it will become something that a game studio, be it 343 industries, Ensemble Studios, Bungie etc., will find worthy and interesting enough to create. Call me crazy but it may just work.

Thank You, very much.

• Like 1

The idea of the squads of Spartans fending off AI's sounds like what i have been thinking about. I have a proposition for a better idea. here it is...

I think the perfect sequel is a real-time strategy first-person shooter hybrid game, using the Halo Wars mechanics for the commander and the classic first-person shooter and vehicle mechanics of the other halo games, in which the commander would build bases and armies and command those armies, exactly like Halo Wars, while a team of players allied to the commander function as special operations units on the ground, existing independently from the commander.

When matchmaking, there are two main categories to choose from, though others may web off this initial choice, being Commander or Player; this will ensure that when a game commences, everybody will be playing the role they wish to play and that these roles will be consistent throughout the whole game, which solves the many problems of changing positions as player and commander and prevents the ineffectiveness of inconsistently playing either role. A side note on the matchmaking process: perhaps flood and Promethean Races should be added to the Leader choice options, though I fear this may sacrifice the games simplicity.

Though any unit should be able to be played in First-person, for understanding and imagery purposes, assume that all players are Spartans. Plus, “players” will refer to the people playing fist person characters while “commanders” will refer to the base and army building position, even though it would also be played by a real, human, player.

A player has an economy system exactly like that of the commander in Halo Wars, one resource that increases in income rate as resources area acquires, except that the players will not have the authority to build supply pads. Instead, the commander can dedicate supply pads to supplying all or some of his allied players or simply give his players a lump sum of resources, like the “give supplies to friendly” ability in Halo Wars that the commander has when one of his supply pads is activated. With this system alone, the players would be very dependent on the commander, which would rob players of the potential to have significant impact on their teams performance if the commander is not performing well, so the players should have other means to acquire resources.

Other means for players to acquire resources should be gathering resource crates and utilizing map relics that provide resources, both of which are seen in Halo Wars. Finally the last and most prevalent means for players to acquire resources would be the combat reward system, a system that rewards players with resources for all combat oriented accomplishments, such as enemy kills, vehicles captured, bases captured or destroyed etc, which functions almost exactly like the point reward system of Halo 4, to which the players are able to receive ordinance; in this case, the ordinance would be delivered or fire-dropped in from the Spirit of Fire, the UNSC ship responsible for delivering airstrikes for the humans in Halo Wars, and may include ordinance of any weapon or unit which may then be under the player's command, be it giving orders like a Ghost Recon game or commandeering a vehicle, like the other Halo games. I think the players, with the sufficient resources of course should be able to call in, at least, basic airstrikes, similar to the human leader powers of Halo wars, which would not activate the cool down for the commander; the player should also be able to upgrade his airstrike capabilities using his own resources as well. Lastly, just like the commander is able to give resources to the players, the players should also be able to give resources to the commander.

Every time a player dies he will need to summoned by the Spirit of Fire or one of the commanders buildings. The player, if wishing to respawn as a spartan, will need to pay the resource cost of a spartan from his own resources to be deployed again. If the player has sufficient resources, before being deployed, the player may equip him or her self with desired weapons, equipment, armor and vehicles. The deployment process would be fire-dropped as an infantry unit from the Spirit of Fire, pelican-dropped from the spirit of Fire in a vehicle, or simply deployed from an allied commanders base if they have the sufficient buildings.

Stepping outside the imagery of the human faction, players of the covenant faction should be able to play and upgrade covenant leaders and their leader powers as seen in Halo Wars. The scarab should also be able to be utilized but the player will not be controlling the scarab directly. Instead, he would be controlling an infantry unit that is driving the scarab, which allows for enemies to commandeer the scarab or dispose of the scarab by infiltration and self-destruction, rather than destroying it wit overwhelming firepower, like in Halo Wars.

Overall, what I want in a game is the perfect balance of simplicity, to allow for easy operation, and complexity, to allow for varied strategy, which Halo Wars and the classic Halo games have mastered; so, to bring these two games together would be truly and literally fantastic.

To all the readers, please give feedback and criticism to both the idea and concepts and my writing skills so I can refine them and, if Possible, keep your reply messages concise for my reading convenience but certainly not at the cost of quality contribution. Hopefully, if this is refined and becomes renowned enough, it will become something that a game studio, be it 343 industries, Ensemble Studios, Bungie etc., will find worthy and interesting enough to create. Call me crazy but it may just work.

Thank You, very much.

thanks for the idea well see if 343 approves! =D